PDA

View Full Version : T Mobile Rocks!

dukedogsmom
09-17-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm typing from my new Sidekick II. I learned about it from Gina's Ark. It's like having a mini laptop, only on dialup. I can even see pics. I love it! It's a phone but so much more. Maybe later I'll put up a pic of it. There was a decent rebate so I didn't have to pay full price. I'm very pleased.

Laura's Babies
09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
I WANT ONE!! Pet Talk on the RIVER!! I had made up my mind to get a better phone than the one I have until Katrina hit and work became unstable.

(maybe I don't need one of those or I would be burning every meal I cook!)

slleipnir
09-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Looks awesome...I really want one :o

Cinder & Smoke
09-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Here's a multi-page REVIEW of the Sidekick II >>>

Sidekick II - Review by CNet.com (http://reviews.cnet.com/T_Mobile_Sidekick_II/4505-6454_7-30981614-2.html?tag=top)

They don't really say much about how COSTLY it is
to use as either a cell phone nor a web browser.

CagneyDog
09-18-2005, 02:02 AM
They look really cool!

I want one :p

Are they fairly light weight?

dukedogsmom
09-18-2005, 05:22 AM
They're pretty light. Of course they're heavier than a regular cell phone. I'm paying $15 less than I was with Sprint and I've got 100 more minutes. It's a great little toy.

Samantha Puppy
09-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I left Sprint to go to T-Mobile too and after 8 months, I have to admit... service-wise, I made a mistake. You get what you pay for. I have *soooooo* many dropped calls now and with Sprint, that hadn't happened in years. Hopefully, coverage in your area will be better than mine - but I'm up "in" Megalopolis - 2 hours from Philly, 45 mins. from Baltimore, 1 hour from DC - so you'd think the coverage in my area would be excellent.

Good luck with yours! I may end up canceling T-Mobile after a year and joining back up with Sprint.

Cincy'sMom
09-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Your new toy looks really cool, and I hope you enjoy it!

I was not happy with T-Mobile Service. I left Verizon after 10 years, and got T Mobile. It was terrible in this area. I couldn't get a signal at work at all, which is where I use my phone the most. After my year was up I switched to Srpint, which I got for Ralph 5 years ago. I just added a second line to his phone. Of the three, I have liked Sprint the best by far!

sandragonfly
09-18-2005, 09:41 PM
val, I'm glad you're loving it!

what I have had for almost two years now - (sidekick I (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83255&highlight=mobile)), I love it! I thanked god that karen didn't run this site in javascripts or I'd not be able to lurk/post as much as I could.

I don't know much about sidekick II because I heard it's much different than sidekick I. I have no problem with tmobile service except just last week for the first time in two years, the messages didn't came in right away. it just happened...overall, it's great & cheap for me. (no phone service, $30/monthly for unlimited text messages, emails, AIM minutes & web browser uploads...)

I know some of my friends had problems with theirs, it really depends on the location. well, enjoy it dukedogsmom!! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
My friend has one too. He enjoys it, though it's broken a few times and he's had to replace it. We have T Mobile right now and haven't been happy with it. Our contract is up and we will be switching services in the next couple weeks.

PJ's Mom
09-18-2005, 10:44 PM
I've had TMobile for the last 2 years and I've had no problems with it. They offer great rates and the coverage is just what I need. :)

Glad you're happy with it, Val. :)

jenfer
09-18-2005, 11:40 PM
I have T Mobile for a few years now and am happy with it. I guess I am just lucky.