PDA

View Full Version : new puppy

tigergrrrl
09-17-2005, 06:59 PM
HI!!

The reason I haven't been here in so long is because of my new puppy!!!

Her name is Ellymae and she is a cutie pie!! She is a Dalmatian, 14 weeks old. I've had her for 8 weeks. I LOVE HER SOOO MUCH!! She is my 1st dog in my whole life!!!

buttercup132
09-17-2005, 07:41 PM
awsome can u post pics!?

Flatcoatluver
09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
aww how cute u better post pics

luvofallhorses
09-17-2005, 07:58 PM
She sounds cute! :) Can't wait to see pics!! :D Where did you get her?

molucass
09-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Congrats on your new puppy. Please post some pics of her!

Originally posted by tigergrrrl
She is my 1st dog in my whole life!!!

Posted in August:

:) Hello, I have a Manchester Terrier named Minni

Do you still have your Manchester terrier? You said the dal was your first dog you've ever had, so I'm just curious.

Lexi_Lover
09-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by molucass
Do you still have your Manchester terrier? You said the dal was your first dog you've ever had, so I'm just curious.
UH-OH...:rolleyes: :eek:

Flatcoatluver
09-17-2005, 08:33 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Giselle
09-17-2005, 08:39 PM
So that means you got her when she was 6 weeks?:eek:

I thought it was Oktoberfest....not Trollfest:rolleyes:

tigergrrrl
09-18-2005, 01:56 PM
What'do you mean? Lots of people get their dogs at 6 weeks...
right? I'm sorry you guys-whatever you think about me and whatever you guys are talking about.... I had a manchester terrier that died when I was 1. My parents told me about him. Atfer him, they decided they didn't like dogs.

luvofallhorses
09-18-2005, 01:58 PM
no we don't get our dogs at 6 weeks. They need to stay w/ their mother for atleast 8 weeks. Where did you get her?

gemini9961
09-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Not again. :rolleyes:

molucass
09-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I had a manchester terrier that died when I was 1. My parents told me about him. Atfer him, they decided they didn't like dogs.

You just posted that you had a manchester terrier in August of this year... so if you haven't had him since you were one, why did you post that?

thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86973)

You went in there today and changed it to "HAD", but if you read the rest of your posts in the thread, you are taking about him as if he is still with you.

crsvstang
09-18-2005, 02:17 PM
:confused:

People do not get puppies when they are 6 weeks old. Puppies need stay with their mom until they are 8 weeks old or more.

So why did you change the other post to "had"?

AllAmericanPUP
09-18-2005, 04:56 PM
$10 says she has no dal and never had a manchester :)

why do you people choose to lie about something like this? it's just rediculous

Karen
09-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by crsvstang
:confused:

People do not get puppies when they are 6 weeks old. Puppies need stay with their mom until they are 8 weeks old or more.

So why did you change the other post to "had"?

I have know some people who got their pups at 6 weeks of age, not ever breeder is a good breeder who knows that the pups should stay with "Mom" a bit longer. Just pointing that out.

veegan
09-18-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah 6 weeks is pretty young, but not unheard of. 7 weeks is still a little early but not so bad, 8 weeks is typical, but Ive known people who have waited 12 weeks too!

however it does sound like this person is lying anyway. :rolleyes: whats with all these dang trolls lately??? :mad:

crsvstang
09-18-2005, 08:07 PM
I guess I worded myself wrong. I know people do get puppies at 6 weeks old. I adopted Tori when she was 6 weeks old and got bring her home when she was 7 weeks.

I guess I should have not said anything.

I was just saying though, some people do not get their puppies until they 8 weeks old, sometimes older.

Flatcoatluver
09-18-2005, 08:20 PM
we got my dog at 8 weeks and my other dog at 9 weeks, when we breed along time ago, there was no way we would take them away from the mother at 6 weeks they were way not ready

Giselle
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
8 weeks is the ideal age to acquire a medium-large breed puppy. The correct age to acquire a Toy breed is 10-14 weeks. Most Pekingese breeders do not let their puppies go until 12-14 weeks, which is also my personal preferance.

Suki Wingy
09-18-2005, 10:57 PM
with dals it depends on what is convienient like if the newowners are going to be at a show with the breeder at 7 weeks but otherwise it is usually 8 weeks. I personally think it should be until the puppy starts going off on its own and increasingly ignoring mom.

areias
09-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I agree...8 weeks is usually the norm. I got my GSD at 6 weeks, only because she was hand-raised. It probably would have done more good to have left her longer though, with her littermates. We did have a 1 year old Akita mix with her though.

slleipnir
09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
I duno...I got Josie at 6 weeks.(bad petstore though)

jesse_3
09-19-2005, 08:40 PM
We found Jesse's add when she was 2 1/2 months! (She was in a news paper along with her last sister) That is about 12 weeks old, not bad I guess.

I don't know if I agree with getting a puppy at 6 weeks, but I have heard of many people doing it:( The puppies usually end fine, healthy and happy though!

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

Tonielle
09-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I have know some people who got their pups at 6 weeks of age, not ever breeder is a good breeder who knows that the pups should stay with "Mom" a bit longer. Just pointing that out.

I think what bothers me about this is not that it's unbelievable that someone got their puppy at 6 weeks (all though it's totally WRONG) BUT that someone would brag about it...

If I went out and bought myself a dog and brought it home at 6 weeks (or bought a dog from a breeder who would sell it at that age!) then I would probably keep that part quiet :D