PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Dog!!!??!?!

k9krazee
09-17-2005, 04:28 PM
#6?? Okay, I definately think my mom is going crazy!! She always says that we have way too many dogs but she is the one who went and got Micki and Mini, had to keep Kyra and talked me into getting Jack. So five dogs later.....what happened?? Everyone says its my fault we ended up with 5, most people think we're crazy, we can't go anywhere because its really hard to find a vehicle or a place to stay with 6 people and 5 dogs.

Well anyway, my Aunt has a two year old bi-eyed female dalmatian named SASSY. Her and her husband got a divorce and the dog went to the husband because she doesn't have a place of her own. Well SASSY has been tied behind the house, shes covered in fleas and pretty much forgotten about. She gets away and runs the streets and the guy doesn't want her anymore. He told my Aunt that he was going to take her to the pound if she doesn't go somewhere else soon. She asked us and my mom said that we would take Sassy and "foster" her and try to find a suitable home or keep her until my Aunt has a place of her own.

You guys will probably think we are crazy but its something my mom feels she needs to do. We don't even know if the guy will give her to us and we have never seen her. My mom is going to go and check her out tonight or tomorrow, and if we do get her my Aunt will pay for her shots and food while shes here. My dad of course dissapproves of the whole thing, he only likes Labs...him being a fire fighter you'd think he'd like a Dal..whatever...We just want what is right for Sassy right now and if it won't work out with our gang we will find her a great home, I think it would be better for her to come to a home like environment than be stuck in a kill-shelter.

I just needed to tell someone about it, we can handle another dog and if we decide to keep her she would become my twin Adam's dog. Please send good vibes this way if you can, we really want to find a better home for this little girl!!

chocolatepuppy
09-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Pawsitive vibes coming your way! Good luck with Sassy! :)

IRescue452
09-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Whats one more zoo animal in a house full of love and liver snaps? Hope she finds a great home ;) and gets away from that chain.

poofy
09-17-2005, 05:03 PM
thats not crazy that is love..find a good forever home..and make her happy..that is the only way if you know a dog is in trouble and that is what yourdoing..great thing i say:D

k9krazee
09-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks you three :D I really hope everything works out with her and my Aunt's ex will give her to us. I can't wait to meet her, from what my Aunt tells us she sounds like a really good dog!

Suki Wingy
09-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Wow, goodluck, I really hope you can get her! Just to warn you though, dals do NOT take well to being tied up, she might be a little defensive once she settles it. Bi-eyed is another word for odd-eye, right? I like them like that!:D

K9karen
09-18-2005, 12:54 AM
I really like your mother alot. I don't know you but it sounds like you have a very loving household with lots to go around. Maybe your dad could make Sassy his fire company's mascot? Since Dals need a lot of excercise and socialization, maybe taking her to work with him would give her an exciting, fun outlet. Blessings on you and prayers for a good outcome!