PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful News!!!!!

moosmom
09-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Tabitha and LilEli are going to their new furrever home in the UP of Michigan tomorrow night. They are going to LOVE this place. It's a farm with lots of cows, sheep, pigs, cats. It has a HUGE heated barn with a big hand built cathouse for them.

I was so lucky to remember that my friend Patty's son has a big working farm and he didn't hesitate in saying yes to BOTH cats!

At least I can get updates on them too.

CalliesMom
09-16-2005, 07:44 PM
That's wonderful news!

catmandu
09-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I HONESTLY THINK,THAT THATS A GREAT IDEA,SORT,OF LIKE THE BLACK BEAUTY RANCH,IN TEXAS,A VIRTUAL NOAHS ARK,OF FOUND,AND ABUSED ANIMALS.
I THINK,THAT THERE ARE MORE,THAN A FEW ANIMAL ANGELS,THERE TOO!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/GCKcopy.jpg

Grace
09-16-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm so happy for the cats. The UP is one of my most favorite places in the world to visit. They will love life up there - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/wave1.gif

jenluckenbach
09-17-2005, 04:45 AM
I think the kitties will be very happy. Can we have some pictures before they leave??

orangemm
09-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Wow, sounds like a perfect place for kitties! Those two are going to love it.

I'd love to have lots of property so that we could build a 'cat barn' to take in unfortunate cats.

Good luck!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-17-2005, 06:55 AM
That is great news!! Tabitha & LilEli will be very happy there!!

smokey the elder
09-17-2005, 07:14 AM
So they're going to be Yoopers! Congratulations! Tell them to say hi to Koko and Yum-Yum if they see them.;)

trayi52
09-17-2005, 07:53 AM
That is just the greatest news! Sounds like they are going to a wonderful home!

Willie:)

catnapper
09-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Hoorah!!! Good luck with your journey you two kids! :D

I bet you feel wonderful knowing they found a home where they'll be completely happy AND loved!

moosmom
09-17-2005, 10:01 AM
As requested, here's LilEli, all packed and ready to go. IF I'm lucky, he'll sleep in the carrier and I can just close the door without having to stress him out by try to catch him. He's quite fast. Since they both hate each other, they'll be travelling in separate carriers of the same size.

"Okay, let's go!!!"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Moosmom/eli.jpg

Tabitha on the otherhand, feels like hanging out for a while. She's no problem getting into the carrier.

I'll miss both of them terribly, but it will definitely calm my furkids down alot without all that fighting.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Moosmom/tabby1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Moosmom/tabby3.jpg

Since Tabitha will be indoor/outdoor, I have a feeling her litterbox issues will cease, seeing as the world will now become her litterbox.

Behave yourselves, you two. LilEli, you were born outside and have always wanted to be there. You now have your wish, complete with a heated bard, cows to talk to and sneak a sip of REAL milk not to mention chickens to chase. I hope I've done you well, pal. I WILL miss you, especially at night when you come for your nightly scritches. I love you!

Tabitha, you be nice to the others. You're going to have SO much to explore, birds to taunt and new friends to make. You'll probably lose weight with all the exercise you'll get. Remember I love you in the short periods of time you were here.

Have a wonderful, happy, FULL life you guys. Be good to each other (without killing each other that is) and know that I love you both and will be checking in on your progress.

Love and kissess,

Meowmie

xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

furrykidsmother
09-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Somehow I missed this! I am so glad for Tabitha and LilEli I am sure they will be quite happy in their new home. It sounds just purrfect for them and I sincerely hope that things will settle down with your other furbabies. Good luck babies, be well and happy!

catcrazylady
09-17-2005, 01:01 PM
This is wonderful news Donna! It sounds like kitty heaven!

I'm sure they will be very happy and it will be even better since you will be able to have updates on how they are doing.

Good luck and have fun you two cuties!!!

catlover4ever
09-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Donna, that's wonderful news.

lvpets2002
09-17-2005, 01:49 PM
:D WoHo that is great news & they will be loved & have lots of fun..

moosmom
09-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Well, I cried all the way home. Second guessed myself whether I did the right thing or not.

But when I got home, there was a strange peace and serenity in my house with my cats. They're all relaxed, curled up on my bed sleeping. I think the fighting between LiliEli and Tabitha really caused alot of stress between my other cats.

So, I guess I DID do the right thing afterall!! I just hope they'll be happy.

momcat
09-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Don't worry, Moosmom, you did the right thing for LilEli and Tabitha. Sure you're going to miss them but a farm is a wonderful place! They have a new world to explore, new animal friends to meet, and an environment where they can be who they are. Who knows, one of these days they may even become friends. From what you said about the farm, it sounds like these folks really care for and about all their animal residents. Please let us know as you get updates on them?

krazyaboutkatz
09-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Donna, I'm so glad that they were able to go to such a wonderful home. You did the right thing for both you and your other furkids.:) When I had to give Cirrus back to his rescue group, my home was very peaceful too and although it was hard I know it was the right thing to do.:)

shais_mom
09-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I had no idea you were rehoming Lil Eli. But sounds like they are going to get along great in their new home.
Hugs to you.

NoahsMommy
09-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Awww, I'm glad your kitties were relaxed and happy. Sounds like that's what they needed.

LilEli and Tabitha are going to have a fun life at the farm. You did a GOOD thing, Donna!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

NoahsMommy
09-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
When I had to give Cirrus back to his rescue group, my home was very peaceful too and although it was hard I know it was the right thing to do.:)

Same with Oliver....when I returned home from taking him back, my kitty house felt SO MUCH calmer.

While we'd like to help them all, it isn't always the best...and the next home is the furrever one. :)

sirrahbed
09-18-2005, 07:21 AM
That is such happy news Donna!:D Love the picture of LilEli packed and ready to go!!!

I am thrilled that this is working out and that your kids can get back to being contented and relaxed again:)

CalliesMom
09-18-2005, 07:37 AM
You did the right thing, Donna. LilEli and Tabitha are going to be so much happier now.

ramanth
09-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for that picture Donna.

Eli and Tabitha... I hope with the new wide open spaces and clean country air, that you two can become friends.

Zam, Logan, Kia, and I send our best.

*HUGS*

I know you did the right thing Donna. Cat personalities are a strange thing aren't they? Zam and Eli were taken in at the same time, yet, Eli just never quite adjusted to the indoor life.

Although, I wonder if that fall and taste of renewed outdoor life changed him... :confused:

Either way, I know he'll be a happy boy now. :)