PDA

View Full Version : Iron dog Challange!

cali
09-16-2005, 06:33 PM
well an iron dog challage is being planned over here its not for almost a year now, but I think its sounds like fun, and I think Happy has an exellent chance of winning the iron dog title ;) here are the events:

Flyball ? *Single dog run, 8 inch jumps. Score based on line to line
time. Every dog gets three attempts the fastest time is used

Agility ? *NADAC Equipment and heights but AAC Nationals rules. Will include all equipment. (weave poles..skip em -20 lure thru with some food.. only -5)

*Disc ?* 40 second time limit as many catches over the line as you can complete ? 4 feet in the air at the time of catch for a 5 pt bonus (dog doesn't do disc? can sub any item including food tubes)

*Steeplechase ?* Lured course over jumps and thru a tunnel or two racing the clock

*Rally Obedience ? *Novice level course. 10 pt bonus for doing it off leash

*Trailing and Locating ? *Follow a food based scent to it's source. timed

*Puissance ? *Highest jump earns top points landing on crash matress

*Barrel Racing ? *Run the clover pattern in the fastest time you and your dog can (I can hear you all practicing your "GET AROUND"'s now)

*Broad Jump- *Ever expanding width.

*Weight Pull ? *Dog who pulls heighest percent of it's own weight on a sled.

Happy is trained in flyball, agility, frisbee,off leash rally-o, weight pull, trailing and locating, and barral racing, she could eaisly do the steeplechase, and brod jump, and with a little work the high jump as well, she is good at everything she does lol I think she would easly be in the running being named iron dog
;)

Flatcoatluver
09-16-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah my dog's are trained in agility , flyball and opbedience, so good luck!

pitc9
09-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Wow, that sounds like Soooo much fun!!
GOOD LUCK HAPPY!! Make PT proud!!:D

cali
09-17-2005, 12:08 PM
lol I read the thing wronge :o when I read the e-mail the first time I misread what it said, I thought it said it was being BASED on somethin similer in Calgary, but this is actually IN calgary, my mom agree'd that Happy has a REALLY good chance of winning, and we should go, but I need her to get there and she is going to start training Blair for it so that she has a dog to enter lol

ooohh calgarians!looks me, my mom, Happy and Blair will be in calgary next year ;)