PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Old Weasels!!!

Daisylover
03-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Does anyone have ideas about how to get rid of weasels? We had one get inside the sanctuary fence, which is made of small(!) gauge wire fencing and kill one of our very favorite lops, a beautiful boy named Rocky. We're afraid that the weasel will come back for more.

We've got 2 acres enclosed and divided into yards. There's electric fence aross the top of the 8 ft high fence. As I said the gauge of the wire is small....about 2-1/2" x 3" and we didn't think anything could get through that. We briefly considered a wooden stockade-type of fence going up about 5 ft high but were informed that since the weasels can get into barns, chances are pretty good this type of fence wouldn't stop them either. It's almost too big of an area to line fence with chicken wire. We don't want to kill them but chicken livers in a live trap haven't worked either.

Any thoughts would be appreciated..:( :( :mad: :mad:

Sam's My Baby
03-15-2002, 06:15 PM
Do you know where the weasles came into? What is your rabbits cage made out of? did the weasles make a hole in the cage? I used to have a rabbit, and to keep preditors out, i had this peice of wood that would go over the chicken wire part of the cage. Sadly my rabbit died at age 2 (not cuz anything ate it) I think it got sick cuz it lived outside in the winter. My duck uses his rabbit hutch sometimes and nothing has got him ever since. Hope that helps.