PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned pets of Katrina-slideshow

Pit Chick
09-16-2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.forpitssake.org/katrina.html

:(

Jadapit
09-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I recived that in my email yesterday. I cried my eyes out. Those pittes swimming in that water about did me in. So SAD :(

Kfamr
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Aw man, bandwidth exceeded. :(

elizabethann
09-16-2005, 06:56 PM
I couldn't open it.

sammy101
09-16-2005, 11:16 PM
it worked for me.. so sad:( I wish i could go out there and help

dukedogsmom
09-17-2005, 12:29 AM
That is so sad. And that song is a good one to go with it. I hope the animals that aren't rescued have a special place at the RB. It's one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. It makes my heart just ache to think of them wondering what's going on and why their family left them like that.

elizabethann
09-17-2005, 12:03 PM
OMG! I just came back from the beach and on the way home, decided to stop at McDonald's to get a quick bite for me and my dog Fenway. Well, I was sitting in the parking lot eating with the dog when that very song came on. I was thinking about how lucky we were to be able to eat a meal while the folks down South coudn't even go to their homes. As I was listening to the song, I thought this would make a great song to go with a slide show! I couldn't open the link last night, but I was able to this morning. What a coincidence!!! It's so touching. Thanks for sharing.

CagneyDog
09-17-2005, 12:45 PM
So sad :(

kittycats_delight
09-17-2005, 01:04 PM
The first thing that got me was the song. Immediately brought tears to my eyes. Those poor animals. I am possive the babies that crossed over to RH has a very special place for them and that there has been huge banquets held every evening in the honor of the new ones that arrive. They are the forgotten ones and deserve a honor so high that they will live in absolute and perfect harmony and bliss for the rest of their lives whether it be here on earth or at RB.

WE WILL NOT FORGET YOU ANGELS !!!

"The greatness of a nation can be determined
by the way its animals are treated"

What an amazing quote.

moosmom
09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have speakers on my system (long story). But the pictures alone ripped at my heart. I watched Animal Planet last night and all my cats were on my bed around me wondering why I was crying so hard.

If I didn't need my job so badly and had enough money to get there, I'd be on a plane right this minute.

My hat is off to all the wonderful, awesome rescuers who were able to get off work to do such an incredible, life-saving deed.

Bless you!!!

K9soul
09-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm with you Donna, I watched that show too and could not stop crying, through both the sad parts and the happy reunions. It made me want so badly to be able to go down there and help.

The slide show is beautiful, thanks for sharing.