PDA

View Full Version : 4 a.m. Wake-Up Call

prechrswife
09-16-2005, 10:03 AM
My husband and I were both sleeping soundly when we were awakened by the most pitiful cat sounds you have ever heard. We had not heard any of ours make noises like this before--lots of yowling and howling. Anyway, we were afraid someone was hurt, even though we hadn't heard any fighting or anything fall. We also knew it was either Saphirah or Samson; Chloe's voice is totally different. My husband jumped up to check and see what was going on. He found Samson on the back of the couch in the den. The big orange cat from across the street had come calling and was on our front porch. Our determination--Samson was chewing her out for daring to come into his territory.:D

edited for spelling

kilbarchancats
09-16-2005, 10:55 AM
awwww he was protecting you most efficiently from the bad cat who was daring to come anywhere near his family. I hope you rewarded such courage with a yummy treat!!:D :D

Soapets
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Never mind the dog, you have a good watch CAT!:D

Karen
09-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Good job, Samson - what did that orangie think, coming to call at such an odd hour? The furrrrrocious watch-cat is ALWAYS on duty!!!

Cataholic
09-16-2005, 11:04 AM
What a wonderful watchkeeper!

prechrswife
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Soapets
Never mind the dog, you have a good watch CAT!:D

He's a good watch cat when it is an animal, but not so good for people. When someone comes to the door, he runs toward the door growling. If it is my husband or me, he turns from growling to greeting. If it is anyone else that comes in the door, he turns tail, runs , and hides under the bed.:D

RICHARD
09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Just make sure your window screens are in good shape.

And you are dressed,

It's a LOONNNNNNNGGGGG story.;)

lvpets2002
09-16-2005, 12:46 PM
:D Way to go Samson {lion roar} you adorable watchkittie.. That will teach the orange kitty to try that again..

Catsnclay
09-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by prechrswife
He's a good watch cat when it is an animal, but not so good for people. When someone comes to the door, he runs toward the door growling. If it is my husband or me, he turns from growling to greeting. If it is anyone else that comes in the door, he turns tail, runs , and hides under the bed.:D

I thought my Lucky was the only one that did that! If the door bell rings, he growls and runs away. He will eventually come out if he recognizes the voices, otherwise he needs to be coaxed out!

But your right, if it is me or my husband walking through the door, all 3 are there waiting for us!!

catmandu
09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
THE FOUND CATS WILL WATCH NUGGET,OR ANY STARRY CAT,WHEN THEY COME,INTO THE BACKYARD,BUT GENERALLY DONT MAKE A LOT,OF NOISE.
AND THE FOUND CATS,GENERALLY RUN,AND HIDE,EXCEPT,FOR JJJ3,WHO HAS LEARNED,THAT VISITORS MEAN,THAT HE,IS GOING,TO GET MORE TREATS!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Mrscrappy2.jpg

sirrahbed
09-16-2005, 04:56 PM
:eek: Oh my!!

Actually it is pretty funny to read about. Samson the watchkitty!!:D Dylan did this very thing only once and it scared us quickly out of bed!! Same story - a wandering kitty was in HIS yard. He stood on the top of the sofa and stared out - all poofed up and growling for long afterwards.

Good boy Samson:D :D