PDA

View Full Version : Survivor...:o

slleipnir
09-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Anyone watch it tonight?? Haha...I did. What did you think of the "guests"?

dukedogsmom
09-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Dummy me was getting ready for work and forgot to set the vcr. I must get Tivo! Was it good? I already know who the two people are that came back. I learned that before it came on tonight.

slleipnir
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
It was ok. I watched it at work lol! So I kinda missed bits and pieces

davidpizzica
09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought it was all right, but did they have to show the men throwing up?? I could've done without that part.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by david p
I thought it was all right, but did they have to show the men throwing up?? I could've done without that part. Me too David! When I hear someone get sick, I gag too!!

Strange that only the men in that one tribe got so sick. The men in the second tribe seemed fine!

aly
09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I already knew who the suprise guests would be, but I still cried when I saw them! They are my ALL TIME favorite Survivors. They are both soooooo awesome, but I especially love Stephanie.

All in all, a good first show. I had to close my eyes for awhile when I heard the hurling from the men... EW!

davidpizzica
09-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Me too David! When I hear someone get sick, I gag too!!

Strange that only the men in that one tribe got so sick. The men in the second tribe seemed fine! Connie, that was reality they didn't have to show!

slick
09-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I could have done without the puking part. Have not really formed any opinions yet but it will be interesting when/if that ex-football player reveals himself.

RICHARD
09-16-2005, 01:49 PM
The football player will get booted as soon as anyone finds out..

The only guy that even would know who Hogeboom is was voted out last night.

The gal with the Kansas City Chiefs hat on might know, but THAT'S a long shot.:confused:

buckner
09-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
The football player will get booted as soon as anyone finds out..

The only guy that even would know who Hogeboom is was voted out last night.

The gal with the Kansas City Chiefs hat on might know, but THAT'S a long shot.:confused: Finds out what? I must have missed something... :confused:

buckner
09-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Me too David! When I hear someone get sick, I gag too!!

Strange that only the men in that one tribe got so sick. The men in the second tribe seemed fine! That's probably because the men on Bobby-Jon's team had to carry the entire heavy part of the load. Like, the women didn't carry anything of any weight. Seriously.

It irk'd me when the women from that tribe said that they had more endurance --- Uhhh, how about YOU carry EVERYTHING on your back, walk/run 11.5 miles, and get dehydrated.

I'm *really* happy that Survivor's back on. I don't know why, but I've always loved it... I was very pleased with last night's episode. The thing that was weird to me is that the tribes were already chosen and grouped - when did that happen? It usually doesn't happen like that.

manda_moo87
09-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by david p
I thought it was all right, but did they have to show the men throwing up?? I could've done without that part.

Ditto. That was nasty... :o

I'm thrilled Steph's back, I always liked her.

RICHARD
09-16-2005, 03:52 PM
The KC hat gal did recognize GH..

I just read an article about that....We'll have to wait and see how she uses that info.

I was wondering about the pre picked teams.

What they are trying to do is keep the show "fresh".

KYS
09-16-2005, 04:09 PM
posted by buckner:The thing that was weird to me is that the tribes were already chosen and grouped - when did that happen? >>>>>>>>>

I thought I missed something. I even checked the TV guide thinking I must have missed the beginning.
I was disappointed in that the tribes were already picked,
it felt like something was missing.

I am glad that Survivors is back on too and also could
have passed on seeing the men pucking.

Zany_girlie
09-16-2005, 08:40 PM
hmm.well i watched it and could have DEFINETLY gone without the throwing-up!!!:rolleyes: And about the guests i don't know what to think when i heard that there were going to be past survivors on this show i thought and was kind of hoping that it would be Rob and Amber, but i guess they figured that they had already won enough money and didnt need anymaore. But anyway i i am glad that Stephanie came back because she is probably the strongest woman to ever be ont hat show. But....Bobby jon on the other hand isnt exactly my idea of one of the best survivors........:rolleyes:. I think maybe instead of him it should have been rubert or Ethan or Colby or someone who was fairly good at the game. I thought that the guys on the show were really wimpy last night. I mean yeah know the were all worked up and tired and everything but the girls did just as much work as they did and you dont see them laying around throwing-up, the only guy who i think was worthy of laying around was that guy who got the thorns in his shoulder but hey this is only my opinion.;) :D

anna_66
09-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I watched it and of course LOVED IT! I was very glad to see Stephanie and BobbyJohn, at least now they've both been on a team that's won something:)

Guatamala looks to be pretty rough.
I'm excited that another season has started and can't wait to start picking favorites:D

Craftlady
09-17-2005, 11:20 AM
It's getting good. I agree the throwing up parts got a bit much there for awhile. Everyone was glad there was a nurse practioner on their team. The guy who got pricked with that stick/twig is hurting in next weeks episode.
Jim being voted off didnt surprise me.

Rachel
09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by aly
, but I especially love Stephanie.

Me too. There is something so refreshing about her.

So far it seems like the people on these tribes are not as *into themselves* as some from the past seasons. Of course I always enjoy having those which I *love to hate*. It makes the show much more interesting to have a few personality clashes.

RICHARD
09-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by buckner
Finds out what? I must have missed something... :confused:

Gary, the tall guy, was a pro quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys and three other teams in the 90's. He played for 11 years.

He told everyone he is a gardener/real estate guy and changed his last name to keep from being recognized.

K9soul
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I could have done without the throwing up too, ugh! I had to look away in those parts :p. I really hate when the alliances are based on gender though, I hope that doesn't happen. I was kind of annoyed at some of the women on that one team seeming to feel like they were tougher than the guys because of the dehydration issue. It doesn't mean they are tougher, it just means they didn't perspire as much and lose as much water in their bodies. I never sweat as much as my husband does, but that doesn't mean I'm tougher than he is LOL :D.

I always feel bad for the first person voted off, they hardly get any chance at all, but someone has to be the first. I can't fault them for picking someone who got injured like that. So far I really like the registered nurse lady. She seems honest/kind and up front, that's my first impression of her anyway. It will take me awhile to learn/remember their names other than Bobby Jon and Stephenie.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Rachel

So far it seems like the people on these tribes are not as *into themselves* as some from the past seasons. Of course I always enjoy having those which I *love to hate*. It makes the show much more interesting to have a few personality clashes. I think it's just because they were already on teams and weren't introduced much. I bet there will be plenty of them popping up soon that are very "into themselves". :D

RICHARD
09-22-2005, 11:12 PM
DUDE!

This is gonna be a good season.

the reason that the tribes were picked in advance was to put a spin on the game.

It's good versus evil.

Look at the dynamics...

Steph is on a tribe that's all for one.

The other tribe seems to be a little cut throat.

Now we see that the 'good' tribe has to abandon the good vibrations and vote someone off...

There is gonna be a real twist during this game...

--------------------------------

danni made a tactical mistake by saying the Gary was an NFL QB...

;)

RICHARD
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Was the exit of that moron last week one of the poorest examples of Survivor yet?

I noticed there was less of the interaction with in the tribes....

I missed that-it seems like it was more game show this time around.....
\
Or am I crazy?

buttercup132
12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
It was ok. I watched it at work lol! So I kinda missed bits and pieces :eek: where do you work lol you have a tv at wrk and a computer

momoffuzzyfaces
12-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok, would you have kept the car, or let the others have one? :D

I would let the others have them. I couldn't afford the taxes or insurance on a brand new car. Still........ :D

RobiLee
12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Wow, that was a tough one!

I've been thinking about it since it happened..lol. What would I do?...lol. I'm pretty certain I would have given the other 4 the cars. No matter how badly I would have wanted to keep it for myself I could not stand there with those 4 people looking at me and know that I could give them each a car. I am one of those people who constantly feels guilty about everything so I know there is no way I could live with that guilt. In the back of my mind though I would be hoping that Jeff would shout out that since I was so nice and gave the others the cars that I could keep mine too...LOL. I don't think Cindy did anything wrong though. Thats a tough call. It was a good show.

Who does everyone like on the show? I am rooting for Danni and Rafe. I was so relieved when Danni won the immunity that one time. Stephanie sure does keep stabbing her buddies in the back...lol. Do you think any of them would vote for her if she made it to the final two? Did anyone else get a kick out of Judd and Cindy's bitter comments?..lol. I'm really enjoying this season of Survivor, but of course I have enjoyed them all;).

K9soul
12-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I like Danni and Rafe as well. Steph seems to be able to turn on people without feeling too bad but when she feels she is wronged she gets really witchy IMO. Like when Dani switched with her on that challenge a couple weeks ago.. Steph kept giving her the dirtiest looks. She would have done the same thing, you do what you have to. I kind of like Rafe. He's kind yet a good player and has slid under the radar a lot.

I really didn't care for Judd much. I couldn't believe he called them scumbags for doing what he has done himself and then claimed that he had never lied to anyone. I don't know, I just find myself liking the less "cocky" people.

KYS
12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
We were discussing the car at work today. "Keep the car."
If she does not win the million
she will have a car.

Personally, I would have felt very guilty and it was a very
hard choice. Last night I wasn't sure.
But...since they voted her off, and I do not believe
in the CAR curse. (I think at most, it might have kept her
in the game for one more round.)
I now think it was a good decision she kept the car.

I think Steph is a good player and a BIG threat. I am
surprised they have not voted her off.
I like Danni and Rafe too.

I think Sunday is the last show?

dukedogsmom
12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I want Lydia or Rafe to win. Never have liked Stephanie. Judd can't even take his own advice. I thought that was so funny that he got voted off right after that speech he gave.

anna_66
12-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Ok, would you have kept the car, or let the others have one? :D

I would let the others have them. I couldn't afford the taxes or insurance on a brand new car. Still........ :D
LOL! Mark said the exact same thing!

I think I would have felt guilty and gave them all cars, but geesh...she did win, so she did deserve it for herself.

I can't wait to see who wins on Sunday....I'm hoping it's Steph:D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I can't wait to see who wins on Sunday....I'm hoping it's Steph:D
:eek: The finale is on tomorrow? Good thing you posted that! I missed hearing when it was and was thinking it would be on Thursday!

I would have missed it!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

kuhio98
12-10-2005, 01:38 PM
I want Danni or Rafe to win. Stephanie is a very poor loser. She didn't like it when Lydia took her out of one competition and when Danni switched places with her. To me, she's a lot like Judd. I don't think she has many friends on the jury, so whoever makes it to the final should probably keep her around. I would think they would get more votes if they go up against Steph. Nothing against Lydia, but she's just stayed in the background as a pawn. That's one way to play the game, but it usually doesn't make you the ultimate winner.

K9soul
12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
I want Danni or Rafe to win. Stephanie is a very poor loser. She didn't like it when Lydia took her out of one competition and when Danni switched places with her. To me, she's a lot like Judd. I don't think she has many friends on the jury, so whoever makes it to the final should probably keep her around. I would think they would get more votes if they go up against Steph. Nothing against Lydia, but she's just stayed in the background as a pawn. That's one way to play the game, but it usually doesn't make you the ultimate winner.

I pretty much see things the way you do. Should be an interesting show! They had some real characters this time. I don't think I've ever been or ever will be as excited as I was when Tom won the last one though :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I'd like Rafe to win, I think. I don't think I'd take Steph with me to the final two. Everyone seems to give her everything, like taking her on the rewards and stuff. I'd be afraid they'd give her the million too! :D

dukedogsmom
12-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I want Lydia or Rafe to win. I never have understood the fascination with Stephanie. No offence to anyone here that likes her. I had already forgotten about the finale. I'd better set my VCR.

RobiLee
12-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Don't forget to watch tonite!!! :D :p

Felix
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Im watching it now!!! :D ...see told you I was addicted to PT ;) LOL. :p

RobiLee
12-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Well, what did everyone think? I loved it! Boy, they have me hooked and ready for next season. Next season sounds very interesting. :D

Felix
12-12-2005, 11:00 AM
I cant wait for next season to start either.I loveeeeee the show. :o :p

Jadapit
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
I thought it was awesome! Judd sure told Steph what he thought of her at the jury didnt he? ;) Dani and Steph looked so different with all the makeup they had on. I didnt know who they were at first. :p

kuhio98
12-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I was happy with the outcome also. Danni did the smart thing taking Steph with her to the finals. I wonder if it would have turned out differently if she had honored her promise and taken Rafe? Guess we'll never know now....

elizabethann
12-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I was glad Danni won. Boy, she was gorgeous with all of that makeup and her hair all done up! And her teeth were white and beautiful! It's amazing what makeup can do.

:)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I could have done without the killing of the chicken. I turned the channel as soon as I realized what they were going to do, then turned back after it was done.

I was happy with the outcome too. Can't wait for the next one. :D

slleipnir
12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Well, what did everyone think? I loved it! Boy, they have me hooked and ready for next season. Next season sounds very interesting. :D

Did they mention anything about next season? I stopped watching the last of the reunion. Also, I heard Jeff is marrying a former player? Anyone hear about this?

KYS
12-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I am happy with the outcome too.
I thought Steph looked better with-out all that make-up and
curly hair. Danni looked great, I almost did not recognize either
of them.
Geesh! I am already suffering from withdrawals. What I am
going to watch on Thursdays till the next season. :(

K9soul
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I agree Steph looked better without the makeup. They said next season will be on Exile Island in Panama and that things are going to be done very different than in the past, i.e. tribes made differently and so on. I was a bit disappointed Rafe didn't make it to the final 2, he was probably my favorite by the end of the season. I look forward to next season. They said it would be "soon" but gave no date.

edit to add: I also really respected Rafe for not eating the chicken. It was a religious ceremony and I felt they profaned it by eating the chicken after being told not to.

dukedogsmom
12-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm glad anyone but Stephanie won. I would have preferred it to be Lydia or Rafe. Danni really stayed under the radar, so props to her.

DogLover9501
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
I was a bit disappointed Rafe didn't make it to the final 2, he was probably my favorite by the end of the season. to.

Ditto...

edit to add: I also really respected Rafe for not eating the chicken. It was a religious ceremony and I felt they profaned it by eating the chicken after being told not to.

And ditto!

RobiLee
12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
You know I really like Rafe also but I was very disappointed when he told Danni that he released her from any promises that they had made and then he turned around and judged her harshly for not choosing him. I thought that was wrong. I could understand if they still had the promise going on but they didn't and he was the one that made that decision.

I have to say I'm completely jealous that the girls look so pretty even in the heat of the jungle and no beauty supplies! NO FAIR...lol ;) . They all clean up well too. I have to agree that Stephanie looks prettier when she is just natural.

K9soul
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
You know I really like Rafe also but I was very disappointed when he told Danni that he released her from any promises that they had made and then he turned around and judged her harshly for not choosing him.

That bothered me as well, but I was thinking more about it later (yes I spend too much time thinking about these things) and I kind of understand why he was upset. He released her because he wanted her to be free to follow her heart, yet she sat there and told him if she followed her heart it would be him, she picked Steph cause she knew she had the best chance of winning not because she was following her heart. I think he tried to do the decent thing, and then felt she used the opportunity to have a better shot at winning rather than doing the decent thing in return and following her heart.

Craftlady
12-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Usually the winter Surivior starts the night of Super Bowl. I think this time it's starting in February.

RobiLee
12-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I think thats how he was thinking and I don't like that. He judged her and faulted her because she didn't do what HE WANTED her to do. Kind of the same with Cindy. Cindy didn't do what HE THOUGHT she should have and he didn't like it. It made me think that underneath all that niceness and all of his morals is a person who judges others because they don't do what he thinks is right. LOL...I don't even know if that makes sense! See I think way too much about it also, Jess;)

kuhio98
12-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Usually the winter Surivior starts the night of Super Bowl. I think this time it's starting in February.

I think they were kind of vague on the dates because the Olympics are in February. Maybe they don't want to be on opposite them. ??

Ginger's Mom
12-13-2005, 05:28 AM
Yeah, I think thats how he was thinking and I don't like that. He judged her and faulted her because she didn't do what HE WANTED her to do. Kind of the same with Cindy. Cindy didn't do what HE THOUGHT she should have and he didn't like it. It made me think that underneath all that niceness and all of his morals is a person who judges others because they don't do what he thinks is right. LOL...I don't even know if that makes sense! See I think way too much about it also, Jess;)
Thank you, Robin. I thought I was the only person who had that opinion of Rafe. And I agree with everyone that Stephanie looked much better when she looked natural.