PDA

View Full Version : *ow*

CagneyDog
09-15-2005, 11:08 PM
A couple months back I posted a thread about me twisting my ankle, and a few hours ago I did it again. It feels alot worse now though. I have to run tomorrow in gym to [that should be fun:rolleyes: :p ]

Anyways, I don't understand why i keep twisting my anklels, its always the left one too. It hurts like 23$#@$@3. I didn't trip or anything, I was just walking and it like collapsed. Why would it just give away!! Does anyone know what might cause this?

K9karen
09-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Weak tendons or ligaments or muscles? Sure doesn't sound normal. Geez, don't do any excercise or you'll make it worse. Sounds like it's time to see a doctor! Ice it down and elevate it while you talk to us! Take a Tylonel or Advil..yikes! Do something! You can't continue to suffer! {Hugs}

CagneyDog
09-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Thank you,

I iced it last night, it didn't really seem to help...I have to run today, the teachers wont believe i did anything to it anyway :rolleyes:.

catnapper
09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I used to have problems with my one ankle - don't know what I did, but it ALWAYS hurt after I wrenched it once. I took to wearing one of those Ace ankle bandages for a loooong time afterwards and it really helped give the ankle support. There are so many tendons and muscles down there, and they are easily torn or bruised. It can take upwards of a year to heal certain torn tendons and such.

As always, its definately best to go to the doctor. If thats not possible, buy one of those Ace bandages. You'll get flak from your family for being melodramatic, but better than than constantly hurting your ankle!

LKPike
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
I dunno what it is but a few years ago I got stuck in a phase where I would just fall down for no reason & very randomly. like my muscles just disappeared temporarily and down she goes. :confused:

its gone now though. I take vitamins now too, calicium, a multiple, cranberry.

Laura's Babies
09-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I use to twist mine in just walking and I learned it was SHOES! I have to make sure that the shoes I wear are FLAT on the ground, not tilting to the side in any way, shape or form. Skinney heeled shoes are out for me... they have to be flat and wide. Since I been doing that I haven't twisted them anymore.

QueenScoopalot
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Try a fitted ankle support (similar to a rubberized sock without the toe). These can be found in any sporting goods store, and the compression along with the added support may help you. I have one for my wrist and it makes it so much easier and less painful when I have to scoop potties etc. ;)

CagneyDog
09-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys.. I'll try to get something for it tonight...

Im not going to the doctor though.