PDA

View Full Version : My niece is having surgery tomorrow...

carole
09-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Some of you will remember that my niece and hubby had an unfortunatle accident in their kitchen 2 weeks ago, both of them received not so nice burns, Charlene has third degree burns to her foot, and although they gave it two weeks to heal it has not, so tomorrow 7am she is in to have a skin graft, she will be in hospital for five days, which seems a rather long time.

Please may I ask for prayers and good thoughts that all will go well for her and her pain and suffering will be kept to a minimum.

Thank you all in advance.

luvofallhorses
09-15-2005, 11:13 PM
I hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers are with her and that she recovers well.

carole
09-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank you, much appreciated.:)

CagneyDog
09-15-2005, 11:19 PM
She'll be in my prayers. I hope she has a quick recovery.

K9karen
09-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Prayers for Charlene for a quick and painless recovery. Poor dear.

cloverfdx
09-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Prayers on the way for Charlene, i hope all goes well.

carole
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Well just an update, unfortunately Charlene has not had her operation,she spent all day at the hospital from 7 am to 7 pm with no food of course, all hooked up with the needle in to be told after 12 hours the op was cancelled, then they went back sunday at 7am to be sent home yet again, this is the great public health system , she does have private medical, but they thought since they had to go to the public for the burn in the first place and they thought it needed to be done straight away they had best stay put, but now I bet they are regretting that decision, hopefully if nothing happens tomorrow they can get booked in at a private hospital, this is such a stressful time, getting all nervous and then having this happen not once but twice.

I am concerned about this operation because if the skin graft does not take, and they will not know for five days, she has to go through all of this ordeal again, so lets just hope that is the worst case scenario and that it will not happen.

Your good thoughts and prayers are very welcome, at this worrying time for us all, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

joycenalex
09-17-2005, 09:29 PM
having worked in a burn unit taking the daily xrays, i can only wish your niece and nephew the best. it's a hard hard road ahead of them.

carole
09-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Thank you I know there is tough times ahead for them both, I just wish It never had happened, but it did and we just have to hope all will be well.

davidpizzica
09-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Oh, Carole. Charlene has a lot of Pittsburgh prayers coming her way! I've been in her situation, getting ready for surgery then having it cancelled. It happened with my knee surgery. Also, Carole my prayers are with your family too, this is such a stressful time for all concerned. {{{{HUGS}}}}to Charlene and your family.

NoahsMommy
09-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Oh Carole....that has to be so frustrating for your niece and her parents! :(

I hope she can get in soon for a successful surgery.

Hugs & Prayers,
Kelly :)

carole
09-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Thank you David and Kelly for your kind words, so far I have heard she is back in hospital this morning awaiting surgery yet again, that is three days in a row now, the surgeon saw her today and has told her it is complicated surgery, the nurse also told her it will be worse than the burn itself, so she is really in for an awful ordeal ahead, but one that cannot be avoided, I just hope that all goes well, I know she is in for some pain and suffering and that is what makes it so bad, I just hope they can give her some good medication to control it, I think if it gets cancelled today, they are going to explore the private hospital avenue and see how quickly she can get in there.

Will keep you all posted, please keep sending good thoughts and prayers for her, I know how wonderful the power of PT is and we really need it right now, thanks.