PDA

View Full Version : Renee and Kenny.......Splitsville

gemini9961
09-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Well another Hollywood marriage down the drain. Hey, that means he's back on the market for everyone else, right?? :D

LOS ANGELES(AP) Bridget Jones is untying the knot. Renee Zellweger, who played the lovelorn Brit in "Bridget Jones's Diary," and country music star Kenny Chesney will have their four-month-old marriage annulled, Chesney's publicist, Holly Gleason, and Zellweger's Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder, confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday.

In court papers filed Wednesday, Zellweger listed "fraud" as the reason for the breakup but did not elaborate. A phone call to her attorney was not immediately returned.

People magazine and "Entertainment Tonight" first reported the breakup, which brings to an end a whirlwind romance that began shortly before a surprise wedding in May.

The 36-year-old actress and Chesney, 37, wed in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. It was the first marriage for both.

Photos of the couple barefoot on the beach were widely distributed.

They first met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated television news magazine "The Insider" had reported.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for "Cold Mountain." She was nominated for Oscars for her work in "Chicago" and "Bridget Jones's Diary."

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, while his "When the Sun Goes Down" was named album of the year. His hits include "Me and You" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

Daisy and Delilah
09-15-2005, 10:22 PM
WOW!!! Already??? I wondered why I haven't hear anything about them lately and I was just thinking about them yesterday. I wonder what "fraud" means in this situation???:(

K9karen
09-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Let me pretend I'm surprised. Annulled? Give me a break for cryin' out loud.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Who said it wouldn't last eh? Glad they went into marriage so seriously and committed............

JenBKR
09-16-2005, 07:19 AM
It's so sad how little respect celebrities have for marriage. I kinda figured this one wouldn't last, but I was still a little hopeful because I really like both of them.

Samantha Puppy
09-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by K9karen
Let me pretend I'm surprised. Annulled? Give me a break for cryin' out loud. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jadapit
09-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by K9karen
Let me pretend I'm surprised. Annulled? Give me a break for cryin' out loud.

Couldn't have said it better myself....

catnapper
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Color me surpirsed! :rolleyes:

No wonder we have such a high divorce rate here... our roll models in the Hollywood spotlight can't seem to outlast the expiration date of milk.

Logan
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm very curious about the "fraud" too....lots of speculation on my part and my daughter's part (as we like Kenny and Renee). Helen said something to the effect that she hopes it isn't for the reason her dad suggested from the beginning (not going there for politically correct reasons), as she will "listen" to him for ages about it, if it was.

Too sad, isn't it? :(

sasvermont
09-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Fraud = he likes men and not women

Jadapit
09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont

Omg, are you serious??? I have no problem with him liking men but he should of told Renee that.;)

Samantha Puppy
09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Fraud = he likes men and not women :eek:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

You just made me snort my soda up my nose!!!

Logan
09-16-2005, 02:40 PM

That's exactly what I was trying to say, but trying to be "politically correct", SAS! Guess you just said it!!!! :p

Daisy and Delilah
09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
;)

wolflady
09-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Color me surpirsed! :rolleyes:

No wonder we have such a high divorce rate here... our roll models in the Hollywood spotlight can't seem to outlast the expiration date of milk.

I agree. It's pretty pathetic how these "role models" portray marriage. Why bother? Why don't they just live together instead of getting married, since marriage in Hollywood hardly ever lasts.

I'm not surprised that this didn't last though...:rolleyes:

Karen
09-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Fraud could be anything he lied - or allegedly lied - about - money, desire for monogamy, children, financial matters, etc.

It is sad, but lasted longer than some marriages last between two people no one has ever heard of.

Desert Arabian
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Why would Kenny want to marry that rather unattractive lady anyways...he can do MUCH better! It lasted longer than I expected though, I am shocked!

Logan
09-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Desert Arabian
YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Why would Kenny want to marry that rather unattractive lady anyways...he can do MUCH better! It lasted longer than I expected though, I am shocked!

I'm choking here......she is lovely (when she isn't playing Bridget Jones, and really even when she is). I think he is quite lovely too!!! :) I'm sure it will all come out in time. Hope it doesn't ruin either of their careers, though. That would be a shame.

Logan

K9karen
09-16-2005, 11:42 PM
In Calif, where the divorce- eh, excuse me, annullment was petitioned, I think I heard on the news that the options are : underage at at time of marriage, oops. suddenly forgot the others, but one option was "fraud" which Renee checked off. In an annullment, there's no property split or alimoney. If Kenny married her just to squash any gay rumors, shame on him for deceiving her. Live your life the way you want but don't involve or hurt other people. If he married her to save his career, tsk, tsk. Now he made things worse by the whole annullment/fraud meaning. What? Suddenly cute country singers can't be gay? Anyway, that's show biz. I'm sure Hollyweird is full of in the closet marriages. Of course if that's what the "fraud" is.

moosmom
09-17-2005, 10:26 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Boy was THAT fast!!!

Karen
09-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Desert Arabian
Why would Kenny want to marry that rather unattractive lady anyways..

Since when should looks have anything to do with it? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - we don't expect non-celebrities to marry or divorce based on looks alone ....

moosmom
09-18-2005, 11:21 AM
our roll models in the Hollywood spotlight can't seem to outlast the expiration date of milk.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

PJ's Mom
09-22-2005, 04:49 PM

Seriously? :eek:

I thought it was because he took off his hat. :p

jazzcat
09-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

I thought it was because he took off his hat. :p
ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!

Honestly, I hadn't heard rumors that he may be gay. He's from here where I live and people around here worship him big time. Of course I wouldn't know much about him since I don't like country music and I've never even heard one of his songs.