PDA

View Full Version : Found a pic of Karen in a magazine

wolf_Q
09-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I got the latest issue of Best Friends magazine (www.bestfriends.org) and it has an article about Puppy Mills. On page 52 it talks about a protest of Woof & Co. and there's a photo. I'm pretty sure that is our "Mayor" Karen on the left in pink? I thought I remember something about this on PT a while ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/BFmagkaren.jpg

Kfamr
09-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Yep! That's Karen. ;)

Pam
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Having met Mayor Karen in person, I say *yep that's her!* (Unless of course she has a twin that we don't know about!) ;)

anna_66
09-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Having met Mayor Karen in person, I say *yep that's her!* (Unless of course she has a twin that we don't know about!) ;)
Exactly what I was about to say when I seen that picture Pam:)

Karen
09-16-2005, 12:13 PM
No, that is me!! I was so happy when we found out Woof & Co was closing both its Massachusetts stores!

If you want to see the photos Paul took of the protest, see http://karenwatts.com/woof/

Paul
09-16-2005, 12:16 PM
   Karen flipped through that issue but did not see her photo until she read about it here!

Paul

wolflady
09-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Wow! That's really great that Woof & Co is closing both its Massachusetts stores! :D

Those pictures were so sad....it always breaks my heart when I see and/or hear about Pet Stores that sell puppy mill pups.

:(

**hugs**

Lexi_Lover
09-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Those pictures are so sad! :( Way to go Karen! :D You made a difference in your area to protect puppies without fortunate homes or surrouding areas where the pups will grow up! :D

WOOOHOOO!

You too Paul....:)

sandragonfly
09-16-2005, 03:23 PM
well done you both! hurray!

Roxyluvsme13
09-16-2005, 03:48 PM
those poor little animals! im so glad they're closing the stores in massachusetts.

Karen
09-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I took it quite personally when they decided to open a "national chain" of stores to sell puppy mill pups - in MY home state! How DARE they!

They are closed, hooray and amen. Don't let them sneak into a mall near you ...

The woman in the front has reason to look miserable - it was a windy, cool, drizzly day - and she was there in shorts! Brrrrrrrr. If you look carefully, there is one doggie in the shot - right in the middle is a teeny chihuahua from that store, whose owners then spent thousands of dollars to get her well again. She's licking her person's chin in the shot.

Roxyluvsme13
09-16-2005, 04:18 PM
we dont have any pet shops in our mall......