PDA

View Full Version : Ran Out Of Gas...Whose Walking the Dog?

elizabethann
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
I've had a bad night. Please let me vent. No need to reply but I thought I'd feel better if I wrote this out.

I ran out of gas tonight. I was driving home from work and thought, "oh, oh....I'm not going to make it home". So I got off the Highway at and my car just died. So there is a gas station 50 yards down the road so I go there and THEY HAVE NO STINKING GAS CANS!!! I was like, "what!?". Some kid who worked there (Josh) was SO nice. He offered to push my car but it's a bad road so I declined. He let me use their phone and I called AAA. They said the wait is LONG and it they can get there BEFORE 7!!! So as I was leaving Josh offered me a drink but I declined because if I had to pee...where would I pee...on the street? So I went to my car and waited about 1 hour. I was getting mad and started walking to the gas station to call AAA again but the guy with the gas came and beeped his horn so I had to walk BACK to my car. He got there at 6:45!! I waited about 1 hour!!! Now, normally, I wouldn't care. But my car was at the END of the off ramp and I almost caused an accident three times. Nobody was looking in front of them (where I was). They were looking to merge into traffic. This one woman sped up to merge into traffic then had to slam her brakes and swerve into the other lane. Two people who were in that lane had to swerve and slam their brakes. I thought for sure I was going to get hit. Thank God my dog Fenway wasn't with me and thank God he wasn't at doggy day care (after 6pm he has to boarded). But he did have a 12 hour day so when I got home I quickly walked him. He was fine. He peed and then took 20 minutes to poop and when he did, it was HUGE! So I think I'm going to get one of those pay as you go cell phones. Thank God I got off the highway so I could walk to the gas station. But why didn't they have a gas can? It was a On the Run place so I'm going to email them and let them know Josh was very helpful but they should have a gas tank.

So how was YOUR night? Heeheehee. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm so glad Fenway was okay.

Kfamr
09-15-2005, 08:18 PM
What a horrible night!
I'm glad you finally got home, and got home safely! I'm sure Fenway is happy too. :)

chocolatepuppy
09-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Sorry you had such a bad day. I have one of those prepaid phones for emergencies. Hopefully you can get one of them soon! :)

wolf_Q
09-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Sorry you had such a bad night! I ran out of gas once too...luckily it died RIGHT as a managed to pull up to a gas tank.

I used to work at a gas station and we didn't have any tanks for people to borrow. I guess because a lot of people would take them and not bring them back...but we did have tanks available for purchase, they should at least have that.

anna_66
09-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Having any kind of car trouble is the pits.

Short story...
We went to visit my parents in SC, on the way home my car's transmission went out about 50 yards from the toll booth. So we had to push it through (and of course pay the $1.25 fee first:o) and call a tow truck. Now keep in mind we had 2 large dogs with us, and a trailer with their kennel in it and we're in Beckley WV:rolleyes: Thank goodness they were able to find us a motel that took dogs (of course the room was about the size of a shoe box:eek: ). There were no restraunts around and no convenience stores/gas stations close either so basically no food for us or the dogs, just the snacks we had with us. The next morning my dad brought his truck (he was about 250 miles away) and a trailer and took us home. One of the worst times we ever had. And had to spend an extra $300-400!

So just be happy all you did was run out of gas:p ;)

Hope your feeling better:D

Ginger's Mom
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry to hear that you had such a rotten evening. Car troubles really are the pits. I am glad you got home safely, and that Fenway waited patiently.

Cookiebaker
09-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Ugggh, how horrible!! I did that once up here, too, and it was horrible. I walked 3 miles to a gas station to find that they didn't have a gas can. What is up with that anyway???

What a frustrating night, and you must have been so glad to finally get home to Fenway, and he must have been so happy to see you, too! I hope today is better for you!