PDA

View Full Version : A quick note about Roger

Logan
03-13-2002, 09:20 AM
For those of you who don't know, Roger is our Cockatiel. Helen got him for her birthday at the end of January. He is a baby, and is just finding his little voice. It is so much fun to listen to him singing during the day. But when we work with him, we have been whistling, fairly consistently, the first couple of lines of "Zippity do dah" (we're huge Disney fans around here). Well, yesterday, I thought I heard him try to whistle it, but this morning, he definitely did!! Twice!!! Helen and I were in the kitchen, and we could not believe our ears!! He's got the first line down pat!!!! LOL!!!

Just had to tell you!!

Former User
03-13-2002, 09:24 AM
Way to go Roger!!!! What a champ!!! :) :) :)

Bunnicula05
03-13-2002, 09:26 AM
WOW! WHAT A SMART BIRD! I've never had a bird, but I'm always open for new experiences, lol, you'll know what I mean if you read "I Stuck My Arm Up A Cow's...":D

purrley
03-13-2002, 09:49 AM
Logan I'm so excited - before you know it Roger will be whistling the tunes to all your favorite Disney movies - this is just so cute you must be having a ball with that sweet bird:) :) What a little smarty:D

sammi
03-13-2002, 11:29 AM
How exciting for you guys! You must teach him next to whistle for Honey & Lilly for chow!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2002, 12:11 PM
YEAH! ROGER!
Zippity Do Dah is one of my favorite tunes too! What a smart fellow you are to learn it! That deserves an extra treat, don't you agree? :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Are you going to teach him "It's a Small World After All"??:D :D

Logan
03-13-2002, 12:35 PM
NO WAY!!!!! LOL!!!! :D

LoudLou
03-13-2002, 12:54 PM
GO, Roger! GO!!
What? ... No "It's a Small World"????... OK, how about "Flight of the BumbleBee"?;) ;) :D

Crikit
03-13-2002, 01:29 PM
ooo ooo teach Roger how to sing supercalafragilisticexpialadoscious either that or kiss the girl because those would the coolest songs to hear a bird whistle.

Logan
03-13-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Crikit
ooo ooo teach Roger how to sing supercalafragilisticexpialadoscious either that or kiss the girl because those would the coolest songs to hear a bird whistle.

Roger will definitely need to learn a new song! :o He is wearing me out with Zippity do dah.......LOL!!! I'm not sure about these though.....I might buy him a Disney song CD to listen to. He's getting tired of Jim Brickman and Horwitz.....the only things I can play while I'm working!!! :D

delidog
03-13-2002, 09:38 PM
go roger!!!! glad you are learning fast!!! another great disney tune.....we are siamese if you please!!!!! from lady and the tramp...i actually had the 45 when i was a kid!!!!! i bet that your pussycats would just love to hear roger sing that!!!! the deli!!

Logan
03-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Especially Butter, delidog!! LOL!!! Butter is definitely part Siamese!! :eek:

AdoreMyDogs
03-14-2002, 06:14 AM
Way to go, Roger :D That's so adorable! My friend taught her cockatiel to whistle the theme to The Andy Griffeth Show (I think that's what show the song was to) and it was really cute. Every time I would call her I could hear her bird whistling that theme song in the background :)

I know how delighted you are about Roger. That's aweful cute of him to learn such a cute song and so quickly :)

Gio
03-14-2002, 06:32 AM
He sounds lovelier by the day! I wish I could hear him singing. Have you decided what the next song on the agenda is? :D

purrley
03-14-2002, 06:57 AM
Logan - Delidog's got the perfect song - I love that from Lady and the Tramp and I love Siameezers A LOT!!!!. Wouldn't that be just adorable for Roger to be whistling that - would make you money on the Animal Video program:D :D

gini
03-15-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Are you going to teach him "It's a Small World After All"??:D :D

NO!!!!

gini
03-15-2002, 07:46 PM
I would love to hear Roger whistle ZippetyDoDah!!!

What a joy he must be and how much fun you both are having teaching him new tricks, words, and sounds.

(please, don't teach him It's A Small World):mad: :mad: :mad:

Logan
03-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Don't you worry, Gini!! There will be NO "Its a small world" here!! LOL!! I think my favorite Disney Song, "Zippity Do Dah" is getting a little too much exposure right now as a matter of fact!! :D