PDA

View Full Version : What to DO?

Laura's Babies
09-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Ok, we are expecting to be laid off out on the river due to hurrican Katrina and the hike increase in fuel. Knowing that, I sent Regina (Eddies wife) a email explaining the situation to her and that I just can't spend the money right now to come to Norfolk, not knowing when I will be able to go back to work. Today she called me........

Even with what they are going through financially right now, she is offering to buy me my ticket to come up there. I told her, THEY need to save their money just as much as I do right now since I know all the donations she was getting at first have slowed down to a trickle and they don't have it.. Her answer made me cry, "Eddie need YOU right now MORE than we need the money. He has worked SO hard to get as far as he has so he could show YOU what he has done while you have been gone, he is dying to show you how far he has come and every day, he asks when you are getting here!". Reduced me to tears instantly. Now, I find myself so torn between common sense and my wanting to go and see what he has to show me! I left him, telling him I WOULD be back and I wanted to see him doing this, and this and this when I got back and he has worked SO hard not to dissapoint me. My common sense tells me, THEY nor I need to spend that money, even if I could get a airline ticket right now but my Mama's heart wants me to go no matter what...

She was fixing to give up her room at the hospital and start sleeping in the car to save money but her Mom paid for her another months rent for her to stay in that room so I KNOW she don't have it to spend. If I spend it and then end up being off work for 6 months.... well, we don't even want to go there! :( I just don't know WHAT to do... This means so much to him and he is SO looking forward to me coming to show me how far he has come since I left. What would YOU do?

PJ's Mom
09-15-2005, 03:10 PM
What a hard decision. :(

Is it possible for each of you to pay half, maybe?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

furrykidsmother
09-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
What a hard decision. :(

Is it possible for each of you to pay half, maybe?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

That might be a good solution. I think how ever you decide you owe it to yourself and to Eddie to see how far he has come. No matter how old a child gets he/she still needs their Mother.

Good luck in your decision and I hope you do get to see your Eddie real soon!

PJ's Mom
09-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by furrykidsmother
I think how ever you decide you owe it to yourself and to Eddie to see how far he has come. No matter how old a child gets he/she still needs their Mother.

I agree. It may be just the thing you both need. :)

slick
09-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Paying half does sound like the right thing to do. I would definitely go.

Laura's Babies
09-15-2005, 04:40 PM
OK! Marie suggested that we pay half so neither of us have to put it all out, I would feel more comfortable in doing that and not feel so guilty for taking their money that they need.... and IF I go right back to work,I can pay her back.

I checked online on Delta's web sight and I can get a ticket OUT of New Orleans (IF the web sight is correct) for around $350... about $125 more than I was paying berfore but within reason. Flying out of Baton Rouge on the other hand was over $1000!!!:eek: That is NOT even a consideration!

Regina is suppose to be checking on it for me too and call me. She is a REAL tough go getter and will get the best possiable price that is out there and she won't quit until she gets the job done. If she gets the right price, I reckon I will be going to Norfolk!!

Darn it! WHY is the timming so bad on everything? One major thing is enough to deal with at one time but when it rains, IT POURS! I will keep you all posted.

jenluckenbach
09-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I think you and Eddie need to be together MORE than you need to have money in the bank.

Keep hunting for that BEST price, I doubt you will regret the decision.

christa
09-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I agree you should GO!!! I would hate to think that you'd regret it later if you didn't. He needs his mommy. I know if I were in his shoes, I'd do ANYTHING to get my mommy back with me!!! :)

new mom to a veiled
09-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
[B]OK! Marie suggested that we pay half so neither of us have to put it all out, I would feel more comfortable in doing that and not feel so guilty for taking their money that they need.... and IF I go right back to work,I can pay her back.[B]

I think this is the right decision.......Like you said if go back to work you can send them some money........If you didn't go you would feel guilty ;)

Craftlady
09-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Try those ticket places. Cheapticket.com (something like that)
Priceline.com
They are always advertising fares etc.

Laura's Babies
09-15-2005, 09:57 PM
The main problem now is that darn hurricane!! Most of New Orleans airport is still closed but the Delta web sight is showing flights out, but with few seats. Everytime I go back to the delta web sight, the price has gone up and there are few seats,because of all the people coming and going due to the disaster.

poofy
09-15-2005, 10:00 PM
yes try the cheap ticket ones, my daughters get good deals with them..and you never know what tomorrow will bring any way..
Sounds like your presence is really needed..:D

trayi52
09-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Yes, Laura, I really think you should go too. Paying half of the fare won't be so bad. Eddie really needs his mom, and I think you really need to see him too, just to make you feel better.

Willie:)

QueenScoopalot
09-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Laura, you have been put between the proverbial "rock and a hard place" but agree with what others have said...Eddie needs you, and half & half is the way to go. Money should never come between families, as life is waaaaay too short, but it's so obvious from your post that you feel torn. :( I understand your need to be home with your kitties for a while, so what about a shortened visit with Eddie? :confused: A week could feel like a month to someone who's been 'incarcerated' against thier own will. Even a few days visiting, and then I know not only will you feel better, but your son will be over the moon!:) You don't have to stay the whole month! ;)