PDA

View Full Version : Desperate help needed for Tigger

Nomilynn
09-15-2005, 12:55 PM
I really need to find a place for Tigger to go, and fast. He's destroyed the carpet under the door in his room because he wants out.. he's feeling better and is bored and lonely. But when I let him out Tilly and Nutmeg are mean to him and it makes things worse. He howls all night being alone in that room. I haven't slept a good night's sleep since he's been here. I'm not eating properly either because I'm always so stressed out about this.

He needs a home, and he needs a home fast. Please if anyone has any ideas of where he can go, tell me. All no-kill shelters are full and I'm at the point where I have to consider the alternative.

Logan
09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Have you considered placing an ad, Naomi? I know this is a last resort, but you could at least be the one to make the final decision. You could have your vet's office post pictures , place an ad in the newspaper, work through rescue groups, something.......

I wish I were more help.

Logan

slick
09-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Nomi, I've exhausted all my sources and yes, I did call a couple of no-kill shelters myself and it is sad that they are full.

Have you put up signs in all the neighbourhood vet's offices? Also in Petcetera or Petsmart....anywhere there will be animals lovers.

catmandu
09-15-2005, 07:10 PM
TIGGER,CAN COME,TO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,I DONT THINK,THAT THE FUND CATS,WOULD BOTHER,TIGGER AT ALL,AND I THINK,THAT HE WOULD BLEND RIGHT INTO THE CROWD.
WE NEED ANOTHER CAT,HERE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Pouncer2.jpg

NoahsMommy
09-16-2005, 12:16 AM
What a wonderful offer, Gary. How close are you and Naomi? Do you know?

rosethecopycat
09-16-2005, 06:07 AM
For the meantime, have you tried Feliway and Rescue Remedy to calm him while he's in the room.

A bit late now, but I put plastic carpet runner under the doorways. Cut out to fit through the door jambs.
But if you want to keep your carpet from getting worse, it might help.

How mean are the girls to him?
Are they running toward him to attack him?
If no one is getting injured, they might be able to adapt, within a few days of nastiness.

slick
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
What a wonderful offer, Gary. How close are you and Naomi? Do you know?
Gary and Nomi are just over 2,000 miles from each other (west coast vs. east coast)

sasvermont
09-16-2005, 10:06 AM
What is his "story"?

Cinder & Smoke
09-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
What is his "story"?

From 9/02/2005:

Originally posted by Nomilynn

Tonight at work a cat came in that was partially blocked. The owners decided to euthanise him.. well that made me so upset that we asked them to surrender him to me and he's in my spare bedroom right now with special food, water and a litter box.

I don't want to keep this cat. I can't keep this cat. But I couldn't let him die. If he does get blocked he's going to cost me a ton of money that I can't afford to get him better. I have to find a home for him. He's an orangie, about 6years old, with really pretty eyes. He's really scared right now and hisses alot but hasnt tried to bite or anything.

And from 9/08/20005:

Originally posted by Nomilynn

:( Poor guy is all irritated because he wans't
put on antibiotics right at first.
However, he's not blocked like I thought he was.
Sigh... please pray for this little guy.

I don't know if there were other threads ...

Soapets
09-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I sure hope you can find some place safe for Tigger to call his new furever home...... If there is any need for transportation assistance in Nebraska and Iowa, I could help out with some of it.........

Deb