PDA

View Full Version : Abby has been to the vet

abbersmom
09-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Abby is resting comfortably after a visit to the vet this morning. I made her a bed on the floor of the living room so I can keep an eye on her. We found a lump on her side, kind of in the rib cage area & I wanted to find out what it can be. The vet said it really did not feel like a fat tumor, which I didn’t think so either, since our last dog had those. He said this feels like it is either attached to her ribs, or growing through her rib cage from inside the chest cavity.
Knowing how ummm “active” she is, we chose to sedate her to get a needle biopsy. He shaved the area & got samples from a couple different areas within the lump. He said in looking at the slide it looks to be mostly fat cells, but he is shipping the slides off to Brooking for further studies.
He had said we had 3 choices, watch it, needle biopsy or go in & remove it & then do a biopsy at that time. He & I both preferred to know 1st what we are dealing with, because of the location he feels it could be tricky to remove & wants to know what he’s dealing with 1st.
We will not get results until next week sometime…so please keep her in your thoughts until then. I will let you know as soon as I know what we’re dealing with!!
The sedative should begin to wear off in about an hour, but she will be sleepy all day!!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/susanlouise/100_0584.jpg

beeniesmom
09-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh no.... prayers your way. I hope it's nothing.

CagneyDog
09-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Poor Abby :( I hope the results of positive.

Jadapit
09-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh no, you and Abby will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope its nothing also....

lv4dogs
09-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Abby's in our prayers! Wishing for the best.

RobiLee
09-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Oh no! Lots of postives thoughts and prayers coming your way. Abby looks so precious in that pic. Please give her a hug from me.

CathyBogart
09-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Positive thoughts headed your way.

Daisy and Delilah
09-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Thoughts and prayers are on their way to you sweet little girl!! Get well soon sweetheart:D

Ginger's Mom
09-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Oh that poor, sweet little girl. I hope everything comes out fine. I think she is going to need a lot of extra gentle hugs tonight to help her recover from her ideal (and maybe some Frosty Paws will help, too ;)).

abbersmom
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
She's starting to wake up a bit...eyes are open & tail wags if you talk to her...she apperar to be happily "high"

Kfamr
09-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Poor you and poor Abby! Hopefully that "high" wears off and she's back to herself. :)
Let us know!

k9krazee
09-15-2005, 02:13 PM
We'll be thinking of little Abby :)

abbersmom
09-15-2005, 02:28 PM
She's motivating a little..she wanted to go out, so I carried her out..poor girl...she went on me befroe she had the chance...Now she jumped up & is laying in the window...I'm 1/2 afraid to go do anything else because she'll probably fall off the back of the couch if i'm not watching!!

vinjashira
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
poor Abby - get well soon!