PDA

View Full Version : Some VERY good news!!

NoahsMommy
09-15-2005, 01:44 AM
Well, family. I was offered a job this morning! :)

Long story short, I was interviewed on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. for an in-patient admitting position at a local hospital.

I got a call at 8:01 this morning from the HR department offering me the position.

Of course, I have to pass my background check and a basic physical (basically to make sure I'm not a druggie) first. But, I'm confident that I'll begin with the Orientation on Monday, September 26th! :)

Its a job with FULL benefits (YIPPEE!!!), I'll work 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. While I'm not typically a morning person, this works splendidly for my return to school! Its in the same town my parents and grandmother live in and my current school...which is an added bonus! I'll be cross training in the ER (YAY!!!) and their outpatient/surgical/cancer center. Once I’m fully trained, I’m able to cover for staff in those areas…which is highly exciting to me.

I'm very excited. I adore my new boss and feel very, very positive about this new chapter of my life.

The hospital is a Christian one, is in the process of a massive overhaul and will be an amazing learning tool for me. I'll see how hospitals are run first hand, learn all about other departments, get to meet with patients, doctors and staff...etc, etc, etc! I'm so happy about this! :)

I seemed to have made an impression on my new manager as well. I interviewed Tuesday and she told me she was still interviewing a few more candidates and would let me know on Friday. I guess I won out because of the short time frame she called me in. I even had to change my "thank you for your time and consideration" note to a "thank you for this wonderful opportunity!" note. ;)

Thank you ALL so much for your constant/continued prayers for me. I know they've helped me in a million ways...and I'm so grateful.

Just wanted to update you, my family.

Love, Kelly :)

P.S. This was an amazing day. My mom took it off and we had planned to hang out together. Once I told her of the good news, we went to Chicos (LOVE that store) and she bought me some new outfits to start my new life. We got mani/pedis and had a lovely "girlie" day. :) Yay for moms!!!

manda_moo87
09-15-2005, 02:25 AM
That's wonderful Kelly, I'm so happy for you! :D

Barbara
09-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Congratulations, Kelly:D :D :D

That sounds soooo good! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-15-2005, 03:00 AM
That's great news Kelly, congrats!!! You really deserve this, so I hope it all works out for the best!!!

slick
09-15-2005, 03:20 AM
Kelly, I'm so happy for you and I just know that this is the start of a wonderful and happy life for you. Mega prayers coming out for you!!! Love ya Sis. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Fantastic news, Kelly! I'm really really pleased for you.

Hope it all goes well. :)

Sus
09-15-2005, 04:26 AM
That sure sounds like a perfectly perfect day!! :cool:

What a great opportunity for you to get to work with the things that interest you!

I'm happy for you! :)

Love,
Sus and Bella

NoahsMommy
09-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Thank you all so much for your kind words! :)

I'm so happy to share this joy with you all.

Craftlady
09-15-2005, 04:36 AM
Congrats on the new job.

chocolatepuppy
09-15-2005, 05:13 AM
Congratulations Kelly, best of luck! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
09-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Fantastic news! Well done

Ginger's Mom
09-15-2005, 06:01 AM
That is great news, Kelly. I am sure you will do well at the new job. Congrats. :)

CalliesMom
09-15-2005, 07:00 AM
CONGRATS!! I'm sure you are quite excited and it sounds like a perfect position for you!!

petslover
09-15-2005, 07:09 AM
yay Kelly! That is great news. I'm so happy for you. Good luck with everything.

catlover4ever
09-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Kelly, what wonderful and exciting news. I work in a hospital back here in Connecticut and each day is a new adventure. I'm a Secretary in the infection control department. I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Corinna
09-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Oh Kelly I'm so gladd for you . It sounds like just what you wanted. Good luck on the start of a new chapter in your life.

Freckles
09-15-2005, 08:19 AM
That's great news, Kelly. :)
Best of luck in your new job.:)

smokey the elder
09-15-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm so glad you got the job, and kept your spirits up during all your recent tough times. I'm glad you were able to have a girls' day out with Mom, too.:)

JenBKR
09-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Yay! Great job :D Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Logan
09-15-2005, 09:12 AM
This is wonderful news, Kelly!!! :) I'm just delighted for you.

How are you feeling, by the way? Better?? I hope so! :)

prechrswife
09-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!:)

sirrahbed
09-15-2005, 10:02 AM
YES!!! Thank you God!!
This sounds perfect for you Kelly - I am grinning with you :D

BitsyNaceyDog
09-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Yay Kelly! I'm so excited for you!!!
Congratulations and good luck on your new adventure!

gini
09-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh Kelly, what great news to start out my morning.

Bless your heart - it is about time things start going your way.
We have all prayed for your good health and also for you to find a good job when the time came.

And here you are - feeling much better now and also about to start a new job.

Giant hugs to you.................."Mom"

Felicia's Mom
09-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I am very happy for you, Kelly! I wish you the best of luck!

Daisy and Delilah
09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS KELLY!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear how the new job goes:D :D :D :D :D

RobiLee
09-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Kelly, this is fantastic news! I am so happy for you!

luvofallhorses
09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
That is awesome, Kelly! :D I wish you the best of luck!! :)

kuhio98
09-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Congratulations Kelly. Great news!
Don't worry about oversleeping. I'm sure your "alarm clocks" will help out. :D
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/z-action.gif

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2005, 11:46 AM
:D Wonderful news, indeed!

I think it's time things turned around for you!! :D

Rachel
09-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I couldn't be happier for you, Kelly. Congratulations. This sounds like it is going to be just the perfect position for you and will open many doors for you in the future. Also I have to think of all the people with whom you will come in contact and how very fortunate they will be to interact with someone who will have compassion and insight into what they are dealing with.

caseysmom
09-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Congratulations! I am happy for you and all of the patients that will be blessed with you.

krazyaboutkatz
09-15-2005, 12:26 PM
This is wonderful news!!!! Congrats Kelly!!!:D :D :D

wolflady
09-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Kelly!
I knew something would come along. I'm so glad that it was this position. It sounds very positive and I'm sure it's only the first of many great things that will be coming in your life moving forward! :D

I think some celebratory brownies are in order! ;) When am I coming down next? :p

**hugs**
Karen

RICHARD
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Why all the excitement???

We all knew you were in for some GOOD LUCK for a change.:)

Congrats and welcome to the fun world of medicine...

It won't be long before you see an 80 year old man's rear in one of those neat hospital gowns, don't laugh and don't point.

You will wake up one day and say....

"Honey, can you feed the cats when you get dressed?"

:eek: :D ;)

popcornbird
09-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Congrats Kelly! :D

AmberLee
09-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Wooohoooo! I'm so pleased for you!!! ConCATulations, dear!!!!

catnapper
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh Kelly!!!! HJow WONDERFUL!!! I am so excited for you!

NoahsMommy
09-15-2005, 08:17 PM
♥ ♥ ♥

Thank you all, SO MUCH for your support of me. :) You've all always been so great, I'm so lucky!

Another good thing is I got a temp job for next week! So that'll be some $$ coming in, which is, you know, a good thing. ;)

I've actually been feeling good Crohn's wise, but I woke up with a cold this morning. Not fun, but otherwise I've been feeling pretty good. :)

I'll keep you all updated as soon as I get the results of my security check and physical.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

QueenScoopalot
09-15-2005, 09:35 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful news Kelly! I'm glad things are going well for you once again, and can't wait to hear how the new job is. :) :) :) You'll get used to the hours in no time...especially if you like the job. ;)

rg_girlca
09-15-2005, 10:05 PM
This has got to be the best news that I have read in a long time.
With everything that you have been through Kelly, I don't think anyone deserves it more than you.

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling pretty good. This is a blessing in its self.

I am so happy for you and I wish you all the best. :)

Finally, a happy start to a new life. Can't get much better than this.

shais_mom
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
yyyeeeaaa!!!
that's totally awesome Kel!!!

K9karen
09-16-2005, 12:39 AM
What an exciting new chapter in your life! First, new, good health, and now a new job that you wanted! I couldn't be happier for you, Kim! And, a great boss, and full benefits! I'm not a morning person either but I'd rather get in early and leave early. You deserve it! Lots of Blessings!

G535
09-16-2005, 03:22 AM
Congratulations on the new job, I hope your cats don't miss you too much while you're working.

joycenalex
09-16-2005, 05:42 AM
kelly! go kelly! i'm so happy for you. congrats! they are lucky to have you, remember, get into the 403/401 plan right away.:p

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-16-2005, 06:30 AM
How exiting Kelly!!! Finally you found THE perfect job for you!! Hurray!!I am sorry I didn't see this great news sooner..., but you know the reason, hey

NoahsMommy
09-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Thanks again, everyone! :)

I have to admit, its going to be really strange getting up and WORKING. I haven't worked in 3 months!

But it'll be a good thing. :)

The 403 program! I sure will! Thanks for the advice. :)

K9karen
09-17-2005, 12:14 AM
May I ask a really stupid question, though? What's the difference between a Christian Hospital and a "non" Christian Hospital? I've had surgeries in both and didn't notice a difference as far as care was concerned. And in both hospitals, I was visited (I guess they do it as a courtesy) by a Christian clergyman as well as a rabbi. Said prayers with both. When my mom died so late at night, there was only a pastor on duty so we all prayed with him at the non Christian hospital. I hope I didn't come off dumb, but I don't know the difference, other than the name of the hospitals.

PJ's Mom
09-17-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't know how I missed this big ol' thread, but congrats! This is the beginning of an exciting new chapter of your life. :)

NoahsMommy
09-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by K9karen
May I ask a really stupid question, though? What's the difference between a Christian Hospital and a "non" Christian Hospital?
NOT a dumb question at all!! In fact, I asked this in my HR interview and aparently, that's a GOOD question to ask there. She was really pleased. :)

Basically, the care of their patients stems from the belief of compassion and love taught in Christianity. They pray before all meetings and its OK for me to offer to pray with/for any patient I interact with.

In a non-religious hospital, you cannot do that.

I guess by advertising its Christain, that's letting the patients know that.

Here is what is posted on almost every wall there:

Our Mission

The Mission of Simi Valley Hospital is to exhibit the healing ministry of Jesus by providing quality service and compassionate care for our patients, their families, our staff, and our community.

Our Values

Excellence: We strive to provide a level of excellence in service, which meets our customers' expectations.

Integrity: We conduct our business with integrity, fairness and accountability.

Respect: We appreciate and respect the diversity of our patients, employees, physicians, volunteers, business colleagues, visitors and all who interact with us.

Healthful Living: We commit time, talent and financial resources to promote the principles of healthful living and illness prevention in our community.

Our Vision

We're here for you!

That same Mission Statement is on the back of everyone's business cards as well. :)

Soapets
09-17-2005, 01:17 AM
How EXCITING for you! This sounds like an EXCELLENT job, and I'm sure you will do well there.

Deb

jazzcat
09-17-2005, 02:31 AM
That is absolutely wonderful news Kelly!!! Congrats!