PDA

View Full Version : Guess WHO'S BACK???

Laura's Babies
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone! I am home and look at the time! I NEVER get home this early! Got off in Greenville Mississippi BEFORE 8 AM!! That NEVER happens either.. I found a note in the galley from the Captain that I would be getting off at 8 at 2am this morning when I got up to drink my coffee.. THANK GOD, I get up early to drink that pot of java or I would have been in deep do-do! By 6:30, I had lunch on the stove and supper in the fridge, including 2 pies, a cake, and bread! Did I say how tired I am?

This was one of the most stressful trips I have EVER had! That storm about did me in out on the river from worry and stress and then anger. I shed many, many tears, ranted and raved, walked the floor, wrung my hands and simply stressed beyond belief.....
I am OK now but will be better soon as I can see my babies! I called Kevlins house on the off chance someone might have been home and if someone had, I would have went on and got them then when I was on my way home.

Not to much good news job wise.. We are lucky we got to finish this trip. Boats are being laid up right and left. All the harbors Baton Rouge and below are stacked full of barges, loads than can't be unloaded, unloaded ones that can't be loaded. Fuel prices being what they are is hitting the industry HARD! When you take on 50,000 to 80,000 gallons at a time, even a small increase hurts so boats will be laid up until...... I only hope and pray that things even out before we are due to go back...

With the uncertianty job wise, I am not going to be able to go back to Norfolk until things stablize and Eddie is coming right on along with his recovery. Think she said he had walked 100 feet unasisted in one of her last emails to me. I am thinking rehab is right around the corner for him. I hate to desert him right now but I can't spend money that I am not sure I am going to have.

Otherwise, everyone and everything is well. I WILL get to go get my babies and bring them home again and get some much needed "pur therapy"!! Yaaaaaa!

slick
09-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Welcome back Laura. You were missed terribly and all of us worried about you. I'm so glad you made it through OK, although I can only imagine how terrifying it must have been. You are home safe and sound and that's what matters the most. Go and get the babies and come back and catch up on Pet Talk.

{{{hugs}}}

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Welcome home Laura! Glad to have you back . :D :)

Logan
09-14-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm just so gald you are back, safe and sound. I know you will be happy to have your babies back with you, Laura.

We love you and hope for the best.

Logan

catlover4ever
09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Welcome Back Laura!!!! I thought about you and your family every day. I'm happy to see that you returned home safely and that all made it throught Katrina. My thoughts and prayers for everyone down south affected by this storm.

Go get your babies, rest and come on back over here because we missed you. (((hugs))) Meg and Crew

Laura's Babies
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
It will be a WONDERFUL homecoming for my babies when I get them back home. They haven't been home since JUNE! At long last, they will have their perch to rest on while they look out their windows. Their OWN food and water bowls, their own beds and Meowmie to love and love and love and love and love on them! Oh and did I say that I could LOVE on them from dawn til dusk? It has been TO long! I can't wait!!

Vermontcat
09-14-2005, 03:02 PM
It's nice to see you back here!:)
We were really worried about you but luckily Rie Rie gave us updates and Phred even tracked your boat for us!
I'm glad that you and your family and your pets are all safe.

CalliesMom
09-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Welcome back, Laura. I'm glad to hear your house made it through the storm and that everyone is alright!! You'll have to post pictures of your babies as soon as you get a chance. ;)

catmandu
09-14-2005, 04:40 PM
THASNK GOD,YOU AND THE CATS,ARE ALL RIGHT,AND THAT YOU MISSED,THAT AWFUL STORM.
AND THAT IS SO GREAT,THAT EDDIE,IS ALKING,THERE HAVE BEEN PET ANGELS,WITH EDDIE,ALL ALONG,PRAYING,AND HELPING HIM RECOVER.WELCOME BACK,LAURA!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture736.jpg

catmandu
AND THAT IS SO GREAT,THAT EDDIE,IS ALKING,THERE HAVE BEEN PET ANGELS,WITH EDDIE,ALL ALONG,PRAYING,AND HELPING HIM RECOVER.WELCOME BACK,LAURA!!!!

catmandu

jenluckenbach
09-14-2005, 06:24 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!

We will all be glad that you can stay with us this trip home, even if it does mean not seeing Eddie. But your cats will certainly benefit from extra time with mom.

Corinna
09-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Thank you lord for bringing our Laura home safe. Glad your home you would not beleive all the worries we had for you.

momcat
09-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Laura, welcome home!!!!! Sounds like you had quite a trip this time around. It's so good to know that you're safe and sound and ready for some major quality lovebug time with your furkids, you all have so much catching up to do. Get some rest, decompress, and love those kitties to pieces. I'll send them tummy rubs and lovebug next time, you'll be too busy giving out your own at least for awhile. Looking forward to another post once you're settled in.

Karen
09-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Welcome home! :) Though any welcome we give you here will certainly pale in comparison to the furry one you'll get!

We are all glad you and those you love are safe, and will keep you entire area and industry in our prayers.

luvofallhorses
09-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Welcome back, Laura!! :D

jazzcat
09-14-2005, 10:09 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prechrswife
09-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Welcome Back!!:)

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm so glad to see you back. :) Fantastic news about Eddie too.
Best of luck with your job situation.

QueenScoopalot
09-15-2005, 06:27 AM
WELCOME BACK Laura! I'm sooo relieved that your home and kitties are all safe, and that you'll be giving them lots of loving soon. I'm sure they've missed you terribly...we have! That's wonderful news about Eddie's recovery, and I hope he'll be into rehab soon. :) Sending prayers that your job will be there in 28 days, and that you won't have that worry over your head next.:( PLEASE give Amy lots of kisses for me when you have her back, and Chester, Samantha & Giz as well...and (((HUGS))) for you also!:)

Barbara
09-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome Laura!:) This time we really missed you more than ever. Phred posted the tracking of your ship while the hurricane was and that gave us a little security because we all were so worried. I am sure you will need that purr-therapy more than ever.

I am glad to hear Eddie is walking and doing better. I hope not only his body but his soul as well can begin to heal.

Now I wish you a good time with the furries. And that all the problems may be solved and sorted soon.

moosmom
09-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Welcome Home Laura!!!!! It's so good to see you post! Can't wait to hear more once you're settled. Now go get your fur kids and have a great big group FURHUG!!!!!

((((((HUGS))))))))

Donna

krazyaboutkatz
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Welcome Home Laura!!!!:D:D

furrykidsmother
09-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Welcome back, we were so glad to here that you and yours were safe. Great news about Eddie too!!!

catnapper
09-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Welcome back Laura! I was thinking about you today and am so glad to see you're home! That must have been an agonizing trip. ((HUGS))

rg_girlca
09-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome home Laura. What a relief it was to hear that all was safe with your family and furkids.

trayi52
09-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Welcome home. Laura! So glad to hear you made it safe and sound through Katrina! And all your babies did also! Glad to hear Eddie is doing so well too.

Willie:)

Soapets
09-15-2005, 09:15 PM
I, also, am very glad that you are safe and will soon be with your fur-babies. I haven't been on here much lately, but am hoping to do some more catching up myself in the next few days.........