PDA

View Full Version : Kinda worried about Malone this morning....

Cookiebaker
09-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Malone is acting *very* lethargic this morning, and totally not like himself; and it is worrying me. :(

He wasn't acting right, and I just passed it off as if he was just tired or something. But Emerson came in and tried to get him to play, and nothing, no interest. And then, everyday when I am getting dressed, I play this stupid game with him and he gets all excited. But today he is just laying there with his head down.

He is just finishing up antibiotics (he has 2 more days to go) and maybe that is why?? I hate it when my babies don't feel good, and they can't tell me why. Do I rush him off to the vet or do I just wait and observe some more?? I don't even want to go to work this morning.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-14-2005, 06:37 AM
could be the antibiotics - perhaps you could ring the vet and see what they say. Hope he perks up a bit soon

dukedogsmom
09-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Kisses to that sweet Malone. I think it might be the antibiotics, too. I would call the vet today and if he isn't feeling better by the time you get home, maybe take him to the vet. Is there any way he can be checked on at lunch? I don't blame you for not wanting to leave for work. I wouldn't either.

elizabethann
09-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Poor baby. Perhaps you can call the vet and see if this is a normal reaction? Take care Malone.

anna_66
09-14-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm with everyone else Anna, I'd just call the vet and see what they had to say...what could it hurt?
I hope he's feeling better soon. Hugs and kisses to you big boy.

lv4dogs
09-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Poor Malone. I looked back & couldn't find a post stating what was wrong with handsome Mr. Malone. Sorry if I missed it.

Sometimes antibiotics can upset the stomach or cause a dog to act "off". I don't know how long he has been on them for but if it is the antibiotics you probably would of noticed something within a few days.

As long as he is drinking & eating some I'd probably give him a day before I brought him back to the vets. But I'd also call the vet to make sure that is a safe thing to do. Maybe the vet can offer some free phone advice about whats going on.

Good luck & I hope he feels better soon!

luvofallhorses
09-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Aww, poor guy. :( I Hope he is better soon and I agree with everyone else, call the vet and see what they have to say.

(((hugs to you both)))

Rachel
09-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Have you taken his temperature? That might be something that will help you decide what to do. Generally I am fairly sensitive to what is normal for my dogs and they don't go into this kind of a mode unless they quite ill. It may be different for other dogs, but I've been fortunate to get mine to the vet when it was exactly what was needed and it resulted in a quick and complete recovery despite their needing the intervention.

I agree that whether eating and drinking are normal is another important indicator as is what going on at the other end.

Kfamr
09-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh no! I hope sweet Malone gets to feeling better. In the meantime, Nala wanted me to take and post this for Malone..

She's got snackies for 2 and would like to know if Malone wants to cuddle up in her new bed with her while he's recovering?
http://petevents.com/~simba/malonenala1.jpg

Lobodeb
09-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Wow, Malone!! That's a nice offer from Nala. What a pretty cuddling partner for you while you're on the mend.

I hope you have a chance to get Malone to a vet.

Cookiebaker
09-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Thank you for all the well wishes and good thoughts. My hubby is home with them today, and he says that he seems to be doing a little better, a little more active. He's eating, pooping, drinking just fine, so I think we will just keep an eye on him for overnight and call in the morning.

I hope he is better by the weekend because Kara is going to be watching them while we go away for a few days, and I would hate it if he is sick. So please keep your paws crossed that this'll pass very quickly!

And thank you Nala Bala, for the offer of the cookies! Yum yum! he would like a snuggle in your new bed anytime, but he doesn't want to pass his germies on to you, too. So he doesn't know WHAT to do! :p :D

Vermontcat
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I hope Malone feels better soon.
Enjoy your trip and try not to worry too much, I know Kara will take good care of your babies for you.:)

LuvGold00
09-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon Malone! My boys would be very depressed if you weren't able to come this weekend! They are looking forward to your visit!

lizbud
09-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Hope you're feeling better tomorrow Malone.:)

petslover
09-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Get Well Soon Malone.

Cookiebaker
09-14-2005, 08:08 PM
No more worries. Malone is juuuuust fine! He is so rambunctious tonight, swiping off the coffee table and being totally nawtee. My guess is that the antibiotics were getting to him this morning since Mark gave them to him first thing (an hour before breakfast) and maybe his tummy wasn't feeling too good or something. But he's really fine by tonight, jumping, rough and tumbling, and barking at a fly. I'm sooo relieved!! :)

ps I am still watching him though, and if he starts acting funny again, I am definitely calling the vet!

luvofallhorses
09-14-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm so glad he's doing better!! Gentle hugs to the big guy from me!! :)

wolf_Q
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Glad to hear Malone is feeling better! :)

LuvGold00
09-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Glad he's better! :)

finn's mom
09-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Just saw that Malone wasn't feeling well, and, is now feeling better. Thank goodness! :)

K9karen
09-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Whew! What a relief! Those nasty antibiotics make you better but don't always make you feel better! Glad you're your old self today, darling Malone!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Yippee!!

Lobodeb
09-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Whew! Crisis overted!

Malone, you scared us!

lizbud
09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm so happy to hear Malone is feeling so much better.:)

cloverfdx
09-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Great news Anna :). Have a safe and fun trip.

RobiLee
09-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Whew! Glad everything is ok now. Its good to hear that Malone was back to himself last night. Hey! Malone! Don't worry us anymore, ok?;)

{{{HUGS}}}

dukedogsmom
09-15-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm very glad to hear he's ok! I know you feel much better, too.

Kfamr
09-15-2005, 01:09 PM
That's so great he's better.
I'm incredibly jealous of Kara! She better take lots of pictures. ;)

lv4dogs
09-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Glad to hear he's feeling better!
Now you have fun on your trip & I'm sure the dogs will enjoy their vacation too!