PDA

View Full Version : -sigh- I can't take him anymore!!

slleipnir
09-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Tango...he's really something...

He is peeing EVERYWHERE now. I had to wash a pile full of clothes today because he pee'd on them all. They still smell!! I think it's my fault though.....atleast for the clothes thing. One I shouldn't have left them on the floor, and 2 I forgot the bag of "droppings" on the floor right by them one day, and I guess he smelled the bag and figured he had to pee there.

But, he's been peeing right outside the box. It's big enough that he shouldn't do this. I thought maybe it was from litter he kicked out of the box and thought he had to pee there? I duno? He's done it 3 times now and I just can't have him doing this!! esp on clothes. Can I train him not to? What do I do with him?? (he's neutered btw)

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Do you think that this is behavioral or could he have a UTI? You may want to have him checked out by your vet just to be on the safe side. Do you know how old he was when he was neutered? If he was older then he may have already started spraying before he was neutered. Maybe you could buy some Feliway and spray this to help calm him down. I hope that you'll be able to solve this problem soon. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Samantha Puppy
09-14-2005, 07:58 AM
A coworker of mine was just telling me yesterday that her cat used to pee everywhere - on the floor, on the bed, on other furniture... the vet said it was behavioral and never did any tests... until the poor thing got sick and then the vet thought to check for diabetes. Lo and behold, the kitty had been suffering from diabetes for YEARS and by the time he showed any symptoms other than peeing outside the litter box, he was in renal failure and passed away the next day.

Take your baby to the vet. Have tests done for UTIs and diabetes and any other medical problem that peeing outside the box could mean.

Good luck.

catnapper
09-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Hmmm... I'm currently having the same exact problem with Allen. I closed off "his" room so that Minette could have more space. He's ticked and taking it out on laundry baskets everywhere. I keep hoping he'll relax soon and forget about that room - or Minette gets adopted so he can access to the room (whichever coems first) :rolleyes: Last night I brought up a fresh load of laundry, put it on the floor in the livingroom, walked away for not even a full minute, and returned to a fresh pee in the middle of the laundry basket. Yup, Allen I get your point, but I can't DO anything about it right now.

Has anything changed to make him upset?

catmandu
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
SAM,HAS PEEING PROBLEMS,ONCE IN A WHILE,HE LOVES,TO PEE,ON THE PLASTICBATH MAT,WHICH WAS ONLY A DOLLAR.AND HES PEES,ON THE BAGS,OF LITER.HE PASSED HIS UTI TEST,TWO YEARS AGO,MAYBE ITS TIME,FOR ANOTHER ONE.
ALL,THE BEST WITH TANGO,AND WE PRAY,THAT HE IS WELL,VERY SOON,AND USES HIS LITTER BOX.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/jjmoodi.jpg

K & L
09-14-2005, 09:44 AM
I agree with the others, a vet check is in order so you can rule out any physical problems. Once that's ruled out then you can work on a behaviorial issue.

mruffruff
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Shai used to pee on the area where my toothbrush hangs and in the tub every night. No where else. I had her treated for a UTI. She still did it.

I put a new litter box next to the toilet three weeks ago. Now she only wets the bathtub and only once in a while.

At least my toothbrush is safe!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Cats/th_Shai.jpg