PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina & Pasado's Safe Haven

Cheshirekatt
09-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Hello all!

The timing seems almost meant to be as last week I accepted a job as director of Pasado's Safe Haven. It's a dream job, absolutely amazing and I'm honored that they wanted me. As I'm sure a lot of you know, we've sent a team down to LA and as of the last time I heard, they'd saved over 200 animals!

Right now, they're working 21 hour days and don't have any hot food or showers or even proper beds. Yet they won't come home. Not one of them wants to leave until every animal that can be rescued, has been rescued.

If there's anything that you'd like to do to help, please check out our website www.pasadosafehaven.org and click on the Hurricane Katrina banner on the top of the home page. There are rescue stories, updates of animals saved and also a wish list of things still needed.

The outpouring of donations and people wanting to help has been absolutely amazing. We've been working 12-13 hour days just to keep up with everything and there's not a day that goes by that I don't cry from sheer thankfulness.

If you're in the area and you're interested in volunteering at the farm just pm me and I'll set it up for you. We need everything from people to clean, feed animals and write thank you notes and help in the office.

Thank you so much!

dukedogsmom
09-13-2005, 06:48 PM
I would dearly love to be there helping! All I can do is donate, which I've done through Noah's Wish. I dream to be doing this full time some day. I would love to live at Best Friends and work there, too. I'm so glad you got that job! You will be rewarded many times, I'm sure.

lizbud
09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Hello all!

The timing seems almost meant to be as last week I accepted a job as director of Pasado's Safe Haven. It's a dream job, absolutely amazing and I'm honored that they wanted me.

Really? That is so neat. I've heard nothing but good things
about Pasado's.:) I wish you nothing but the best in your in
your great work.

Cheshirekatt
09-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys...it's still pretty unreal for me.

I'd been off work for almost a month with tendonitis in my wrist. Basically my Dr. told me to find a new job.

Since I had all that time off, I'd been very active with the dog rescue. I'd utilized the Spay Station several times and got to talking with Jeannie, the director. Well, she's stepping down to spend more time with her children and out of the blue she e-mailed me asking if I'd be interested in the job! She contacted me on Thursday, I met the founder on Saturday and started on Monday!

It's been whirlwind to say the least. The farm is located out on 80 some acres with a mountain view, I get to take a dog or two to work with me every day, I get free vet care, meds at cost and I'm doing something worthwhile. It's amazing, I'm a lucky person. :)