PDA

View Full Version : Need positive vibles

DJFyrewolf36
09-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Sigh...sometimes I really hate people.

I got a 30 day eviction notice yesterday. In Nevada, a landlord doesn't need to give a reason to evict someone, so long as they give you 30 days to get out. I didn't get a phone call, or even a letter telling me that anything was wrong or that the landlord was even miffed. They were perfectly happy with me when they took my rent 2 weeks ago. :mad: Now, I suspect that since they gave me the notice in the middle of the month, they expect me to pay for the full month next moth even though I can only stay 2 weeks into it. Forget that! I've been looking into moving for a while now, since there's been a lot of car vandalisim lately and the landlord seems to garner great joy from harassing young people (He's evicted a single dad our age, and two couples about our age, one couple had a child. They were current on the rent and they never got an explination either.) I don't see why they are evicting people when they've been whining that they can't fill apartments. There's places that have been vacant since we moved in over a year ago. The very same property management place denied my brother and his wife rental because he had a dog, and yet they rented the same place to another (a much older) couple with a dog. They've whined about my car looking trashy yet there's a car parked outside with busted out windows, and flat tires and the people who own it haven't gotten a complaint one about it. In Nevada, though, it is quite legal for them to yank our chain, especially since I don't have a lease anymore (I haven't had one for a while).
Oh well. The place is a royal trash pit, that violates fire and health codes and I'm reporting it once I move out. I have already found a good 3 bedroom place that me and the roomates can afford and the landlord likes cats too (and actually doesn't care that I'm being evicted, since it isn't for nonpayment)!! Send some positive vibes my way, so that I can get a better place and improve my situation. And also send some good moving vibes...I HATE moving but I have to do it, I just hope it goes smoothly and that the jerky landlord doesn't get in the way like he has with other people.

JenBKR
09-13-2005, 11:42 AM
(((HUGS))) That doesn't sound right. I don't quite understand how they can do that. Good luck with the new place though - *sending good vibes* :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Good luck for the move. Your landlord sounds like a total jerk - I am sure you will be much happier in the new place - it sounds perfect!

sirrahbed
09-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry Kristina! That really stinks:mad:

Glad to hear you alrady have a better place located and maybe you will end up being very happy that you left - even though the actual move is the pits:rolleyes:

(((((HUGS)))))

AmberLee
09-13-2005, 01:35 PM
{{{hugs}}} and ~~~vibes~~~

DJFyrewolf36
09-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Well I found out from the NICE property manager (there are two, the guy down there is a real @$$ but the lady is very nice to me) that the property owners are taking back the property from the management company and they're evicting EVERYBODY :(. There are some nice people that live there that I am sure are going to have a hard time moving. Me and the roomies are young and able bodied but some of the people in my complex are quite elderly and don't have anyplace to go and no one to help them move if they had another place (There is no place in town that is cheaper...or even as cheap). :(. I'm going to look into helping them out, at least with moving.

Dumb property owners. They said the last time they were here (months ago) that they "Should just tear our *Blank* hole down and kick out all the scumbags" (an actual quote from them). Jerks. And they don't like cats either :p. Karma will get them I'm sure though.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Hope everything works out for you - you have the power of PT prayers!

dukedogsmom
09-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this along with all the other things in your life. Sounds like you're off to a better place with a better landlord. That's good. I hope you get moved ok. I know how much of a pain it is. Hope you get settled in and things get much better soon!

CathyBogart
09-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Yikes! I'm glad you guys have a new place lined up already!

gini
09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
They just might be doing you a favor - even though it doesn't appear to be so right now.

Good luck with the move - and may your new home be happy and safe!

DJFyrewolf36
09-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the good vibes guys. My dad is being very very helpful in lining up a new place for us. It looks like we'll be able to rent a house!! (Well, a moble home but still, 1000 sq ft is a lot better than the 600 sq ft we live in now, and we'll have a yard...maybe there is a pupster in our future :D ) The cats know something is up...we haven't started to pack up yet but they already are getting into moving mode. We have 30 days, probibly a little longer if we need it (the landlady is upset that she has to do this, and is being very helpful too)

Again...thanks a whole lot. I was very upset this morning and thanks to you guys I feel a lot better...and a lot more level headed!

RedHedd
09-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Good luck with the move. (You saw all the boxes in my place; getting ready to relocate temporarily while they retrofit, so I don't envy you the move process - it's a pain in the patootie, but sounds like you have a couple of possible relocation places already.

You usually do have much more than 30 days. They're just legally required to give the 30-day notice; however it usually takes MUCH longer to actually get the people out. I don't know about Nevada law, but in CA it can take forever to evict people.

Prayers going your way for a smooth and uneventful transition to a new, and hopefully much healthier home environment.

catnapper
09-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Good luck! The trailer sounds nice. What are you going to do with almost twice the room?! :D

NoahsMommy
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
That is horrible!! I agree, what goes around comes around for sure!!!

I'm glad you're finding something even better for you and the roommates. See? It may be a blessing for you.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this but it sounds like your new place will be much better and safer too.:) It may be a blessing in disguise.;) I hope that your move goes well. Please keep us updated.

sandragonfly
09-18-2005, 09:24 PM
*..bump..*

checking in how you're feeling today.. hope things have settled down much better than before now!

any luck? I'll be thinking of you all and your little crew until you find a good home! (keep us updated please?)..

yes, I believe, what went around..comes back! soon. I'm sorry this has to happen to you!

many hugs,
..gina & her whole cheering ark