PDA

View Full Version : List of colors?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Is there a list of the colors that may be used to inhance our type? I know of: red, blue, orange, green, yellow, purple, and gold. How about light or baby blue? :) I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything but may not have known what to look under. :D

How about violet?
(Well, I see that works!) :o :)

Paul
03-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Here are the colors from the menu:
blue, burlywood, chocolate, coral, crimson, darkred, darkblue, deeppink, firebrick, green, indigo, limegreen, orange, orangered, purple, red, royalblue, sandybrown, seagreen, sienna, silver, skyblue, teal, tomato

Here is an unoffical list of colors supported by many browsers:
AliceBlue, AntiqueWhite, Aqua, Aquamarine, Azure, Beige, Bisque, Black, BlanchedAlmond, Blue, BlueViolet, Brown, BurlyWood, CadetBlue, Chartreuse, Chocolate, Coral, CornflowerBlue, Cornsilk, Crimson, Cyan, DarkBlue, DarkCyan, DarkGoldenRod, DarkGray, DarkGreen, DarkKhaki, DarkMagenta, DarkOliveGreen, Darkorange, DarkOrchid, DarkRed, DarkSalmon, DarkSeaGreen, DarkSlateBlue, DarkSlateGray, DarkTurquoise, DarkViolet, DeepPink, DeepSkyBlue, DimGray, DodgerBlue, FireBrick, FloralWhite, ForestGreen, Fuchsia, Gainsboro, GhostWhite, Gold, GoldenRod, Gray, Green, GreenYellow, HoneyDew, HotPink, IndianRed , Indigo , Ivory, Khaki, Lavender, LavenderBlush, LawnGreen, LemonChiffon, LightBlue, LightCoral, LightCyan, LightGoldenRodYellow, LightGrey, LightGreen, LightPink, LightSalmon, LightSeaGreen, LightSkyBlue, LightSlateBlue, LightSlateGray, LightSteelBlue, LightYellow, Lime, LimeGreen, Linen, Magenta, Maroon, MediumAquaMarine, MediumBlue, MediumOrchid, MediumPurple, MediumSeaGreen, MediumSlateBlue, MediumSpringGreen, MediumTurquoise, MediumVioletRed, MidnightBlue, MintCream, MistyRose, Moccasin, NavajoWhite, Navy, OldLace, Olive, OliveDrab, Orange, OrangeRed, Orchid, PaleGoldenRod, PaleGreen, PaleTurquoise, PaleVioletRed, PapayaWhip, PeachPuff, Peru, Pink, Plum, PowderBlue, Purple, Red, RosyBrown, RoyalBlue, SaddleBrown, Salmon, SandyBrown, SeaGreen, SeaShell, Sienna, Silver, SkyBlue, SlateBlue, SlateGray, Snow, SpringGreen, SteelBlue, Tan, Teal, Thistle, Tomato, Turquoise, Violet, VioletRed, Wheat, White, WhiteSmoke, Yellow, YellowGreen

Paul

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2002, 05:38 PM
W O W
THANKS PAUL!

Paul
03-12-2002, 05:45 PM
AliceBlue *****
AntiqueWhite *****
Aqua *****
Aquamarine *****
Azure *****
Beige *****
Bisque *****
Black *****
BlanchedAlmond *****
Blue *****
BlueViolet *****
Brown *****
BurlyWood *****
CadetBlue *****
Chartreuse *****
Chocolate *****
Coral *****
CornflowerBlue *****
Cornsilk *****
Crimson *****
Cyan *****
DarkBlue *****
DarkCyan *****
DarkGoldenRod *****
DarkGray *****
DarkGreen *****
DarkKhaki *****
DarkMagenta *****
DarkOliveGreen *****
Darkorange *****
DarkOrchid *****
DarkRed *****
DarkSalmon *****
DarkSeaGreen *****
DarkSlateBlue *****
DarkSlateGray *****
DarkTurquoise *****
DarkViolet *****
DeepPink *****
DeepSkyBlue *****
DimGray *****
DodgerBlue *****
FireBrick *****
FloralWhite *****
ForestGreen *****
Fuchsia *****
Gainsboro *****
GhostWhite *****
Gold *****
GoldenRod *****
Gray *****
Green *****
GreenYellow *****
HoneyDew *****
HotPink *****
IndianRed *****
Indigo *****
Ivory *****
Khaki *****
Lavender *****
LavenderBlush *****
LawnGreen *****
LemonChiffon *****
LightBlue *****
LightCoral *****
LightCyan *****
LightGoldenRodYellow *****
LightGrey *****
LightGreen *****
LightPink *****
LightSalmon *****
LightSeaGreen *****
LightSkyBlue *****
LightSlateBlue *****
LightSlateGray *****
LightSteelBlue *****
LightYellow *****
Lime *****
LimeGreen *****
Linen *****
Magenta *****
Maroon *****
MediumAquaMarine *****
MediumBlue *****
MediumOrchid *****
MediumPurple *****
MediumSeaGreen *****
MediumSlateBlue *****
MediumSpringGreen *****
MediumTurquoise *****
MediumVioletRed *****
MidnightBlue *****
MintCream *****
MistyRose *****
Moccasin *****
NavajoWhite *****
Navy *****
OldLace *****
Olive *****
OliveDrab *****
Orange *****
OrangeRed *****
Orchid *****
PaleGoldenRod *****
PaleGreen *****
PaleTurquoise *****
PaleVioletRed *****
PapayaWhip *****
PeachPuff *****
Peru *****
Pink *****
Plum *****
PowderBlue *****
Purple *****
Red *****
RosyBrown *****
RoyalBlue *****
SaddleBrown *****
Salmon *****
SandyBrown *****
SeaGreen *****
SeaShell *****
Sienna *****
Silver *****
SkyBlue *****
SlateBlue *****
SlateGray *****
Snow *****
SpringGreen *****
SteelBlue *****
Tan *****
Teal *****
Thistle *****
Tomato *****
Turquoise *****
Violet *****
VioletRed *****
Wheat *****
White *****
WhiteSmoke *****
Yellow *****
YellowGreen *****

Paul

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2002, 06:11 PM
The second list is even BETTER!

zippy-kat
03-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Quite the purr-fectionist huh, Paul? ;) :D

Thanks for the list!

Cinder & Smoke
03-12-2002, 07:12 PM
Our Dad wuntz ta knowe...

:confused:
"Do ALL them lil starrey dotz look differnt to youze guyz??!!" :confused:

Dad sez an awful lotta them look the same to him! :rolleyes:

Course he duzit admit it to ebberbuddie ~
But he'z Red/Green Color :cool: Blind! :(

We havta kinda *squint* ta read summa the posts that use the *odd* colorz!

:D

Karen
03-12-2002, 08:39 PM
They all look different to me. Some of the very light colors, like ivory are very difficult to see, especially at "normal" size, but hey, Ivory is supposed to be almost white, anyway!

Cornflower blue is a pretty one ...

Rottie
03-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Wow, that was quite a lengthy list, Paul. I didn't know there were that many colors :eek: :)

So, how long did that take you?

sammi
03-13-2002, 03:59 AM
Phred, How do you post in color and enlarge at the same time? (also bold etc.) Thanks!

Cinder & Smoke
03-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Sammi & Ebberbuddie ~

Here's the steps *I* use to do multiple modifications of text:

1) From the Left Column ~ Select [x]Enhanced Mode under the vB Code Header

2) Then, to the Right in the "Controls" Box ~ select ALL the features you want to modify the text with - Click em off one right after the other. As each is selected, it's opening bracketed code will appear where the cursor is in your text.

The "Line Up" of opening codes can look something like this...

[ B][ I][ U][ SIZE=6][ FONT=century gothic][ COLOR=firebrick]THEN YOU TYPE YOUR TEXT...

Now to CLOSE or end the modifiers - sometimes this gets *tricky*!
TRY using the "Close ALL Tags [X] Clicker at the Far Right of the modifier code box - if it works correctly - it will lay down all the closing codes in brackets in reverse order to how you first activated them... Like this:

your text[ /COLOR][ /FONT][ /SIZE][ /U][ /I][ /B]

Now IF the 'close all tags' clicker does NOT work (nuffin happens!) - you'll need to manually insert the closing codes yourself:

Do it in the REVERSE ORDER that you started the modifiers in = First turned ON is the LAST turned OFF... Bold was first on & Color was last on; so Color is first off & bold is last off.

Then hit the "Preview Reply" clicker to "see" what you've done (or screwed up :mad: ) so that you can correct any :eek: *goofs* :rolleyes:.

You can edit and preview forever till you're happy with the results.

Example: (NOTE! Extra SPACE has been inserted after each forward bracket [ to prevent the system from acting on the codes and let you see them!!

[ B][ I][ U][ SIZE=6][ FONT=century gothic][ COLOR=firebrick]Test Text[ /COLOR][ /FONT][ /SIZE][ /U][ /I][ /B]

Will display like this:

TestText

Thats = to Bold, Italic, Underlined, Size = 6(bigger than 'Huge'), Font = century gothic, and Color = firebrick.

Best advice is to EXPERIMENT and Preview before you hit the "submit Reply box! Have Phunn!

Oh yeah ~ Final CAUTION:
WATCH where the cursor is after each code is selected - the BBS software has the BAD :mad: habit of returning the Cursor to the TOP of the message block every time you select a feature - YOU have to remember to scroll it back down to where you were OR you'll start to overwrite your stuff at the top! Grrrrrr... :mad:!

wolflady
03-13-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Rottie
Wow, that was quite a lengthy list, Paul. I didn't know there were that many colors :eek: :)

So, how long did that take you?

LOL LOL I was wondering the same thing!!!
Who would have thought we had such a long list of colors to use!! How neat is that??!! :D :D :D
Thanks for the colorful list!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2002, 01:18 PM
WOW! I'm getting smarter than I thought possible!
See, you can teach an old dog new tricks! :D

sammi
03-13-2002, 03:19 PM
Thank you Phred! It WORK'S ...........................[/COLOR]

Randi
03-14-2002, 10:11 AM
It sure does! But how do I make each letter a different color? Like Chuck did. Do I put the tag in front of each letter and then the end tag after? Thats a lot of work, so I guess there's a simpler way! :D

Randi
03-14-2002, 10:38 AM
SpencerThe Lion! I thought so! Yes, I know a little HTML. So it is a lot of work? When you have done this, can you then save it and use it again? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Randi,

I don't know anything about HTML, but it seems to me you should be able to do a copy (edit, copy. or ctrl c) then paste (edit, paste. or ctrl v) it to a Word file. Then when you want to use it again, just do the copy from the Word file and paste it to the message. I haven't tried this so I don't know for sure, but it should work and would save you a lot of typing if you want the same thing over and over.

Hope this helps! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-14-2002, 01:15 PM
WHEE! Just playing. I just found the vB code Enhanced Mode button. :eek:;)

anna_66
03-25-2002, 07:53 AM
I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but, could you tell me if there are anymore front we can use besides, Ariel Times Courier and Century?
Just wondering?! I love learning new things!

Paul
03-25-2002, 11:19 AM
   Those are the only safe choices. Users need to have the font on their machine in order for it to work. You could type the name of another font but many people may not see what you see.

Paul

Randi
03-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Testing verdana

Yes, it is possible! You just write it in yourself. ;) But the default typeface is the most legible in my opinion.

This does look like verdana!

anna_66
03-25-2002, 01:23 PM
I appreciate you letting me know so soon:) Thanks Again Paul!

Kfamr
03-25-2002, 02:34 PM
[SIZE=1][FONT=courier new][COLOR=royalblue]Test?

Randi
03-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Kfamr!

You forgot to close the tags! :D

tatsxxx11
03-25-2002, 05:11 PM
Hi Randi....That's was the only way I figured out how to do it!! Ugh! The days when I wanted to be extra "colorful: with say, a Parrot Pet of the Day, yikes! It's enough to make your eyes crossssssssssxxxxxsssssssssssss!:D

gini
03-25-2002, 05:18 PM
Sandra, I know what you mean, I think I tried to say Happy Spring or something in many colors.......and it took me quite a while to get there. But I was determined I was not that stupid..... but then I had to edit it a few times before I got it right.

That's when I know I am spending too much time on Pet Talk and need to get back to work!!:) :) :) Like right now!!

AmberLee
03-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Test?

For your information -- this is what you coded would look like with closure codes added:

Test?

Ila
03-25-2002, 05:32 PM
You took sometime to do all that. Wow!! Good Job!! You took some time to do all that. Wow!! Good Job !!

zippy-kat
04-20-2002, 09:32 PM
*bumping this to the top*

(thanks paul! this list comes in handy!)

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 08:58 AM
[B][I][U][SIZE=3][FONT=courier new][COLOR=deeppink]Testing....Hello Everyone!!![COLOR=deeppink][FONT=courier new][SIZE=3][U][I][B]

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 08:58 AM
hmmm...that didn't work...what did i do wrong.

ramanth
06-14-2004, 09:06 AM
You didn't close the tags Robin. :)

Testing....Hello Everyone!!!

The start tags were right... you want the end tags to look like:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]

:)

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Hello Everyone!!!

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Yay!! Thanks Kimmy!!

catnapper
06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Ya know... I printed out Paul's list and it was FOUR pages long!!!

Wheee! This was fun!!!!

ramanth
06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
You're Welcome!

bluekat
06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Wow!:eek: LOL I thought only the colors from the drop down list worked on PT:p That's a long list of colors Paul!

Uabassoon
06-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Just testing

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Just thought I'd dig this out of the mothballs and dust it off in case some of the newer members may be interested in seeing the colors we can use. Now isn't that the world's longest sentence? ;) :D

lizzielou742
09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
COOL! I'm so glad someone bumped this up! I had no idea!!

I like this one, Dark Orchid. Matches my siggy, don't you think? Now here is my question, what if I want to use this color on every post I make? Can I set a default color? Would that be a problem for anyone?
(...goes off to explore & find out...)

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey There

Ok That was a wee bit of a pain, but I did it though!!!

joanofark
09-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Now here is my question, what if I want to use this color on every post I make? Can I set a default color? Would that be a problem for anyone?
(...goes off to explore & find out...)

I wondered that to...

Randi
09-28-2004, 12:28 PM
I guess you can use the colors you like. :) Instead of the name for the color, you just put in the html color code in the tag - like [ color=CC0066] for each color you want.

Here's a color chart to start with: http://www.theodora.com/html_colors.html

There are others: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/2397/

.... and here's another one you can play around with: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Change the numbers in the RGB boxes, and you'll see the changes. You can also click on lighten or darken. ;)

Miss Meow
09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
I love it when old threads resurface!

Kfamr
09-28-2004, 04:30 PM
I actually have this thread bookmarked from a while back and use it often. ;)

swimma253
09-28-2004, 06:05 PM
wow! Thanks Paul! I love this color!

anna_66
09-28-2004, 07:37 PM
How interesting Randi. I never knew you could do that.

I've also had this bookmarked for ages:)

Randi
10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Yes Anna, it's fun to play around with colors - finding the ones which look good together.

Here's another list of them. Notice if you click on a specific color, you'll get that as a background, and you can see how the other colors look on top of that. ;) One of my favourites is: C71585.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp

Have fun! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Just thought I'd dig this out of the mothballs and dust it off in case some of the newer members may be interested in seeing the colors we can use. Now isn't that the world's longest sentence? ;) :D

Just bumping up! ;)

Suki Wingy
02-19-2005, 07:17 PM
NINO THINKS I'M CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(FOR DOING THIS!)

luvofallhorses
02-19-2005, 07:24 PM
my dogs think I am crazy for doing this hehehehehehe and suki winky your dog is gorgeous what breed is he?

Suki Wingy
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Thank You! he is a total muttie! (well, maybe some ACD, but we just can't tell!) What's with the colors! It worked for me last week, but it isn't now!:confused: :confused: :eek:

Suki Wingy
04-07-2005, 09:18 PM
What color is this?It is called lightslateblue, sorry, the colors seem to be making this color="lightslategray" thingand not showing for me on this thread.
lightslategray

lightsteelblue
I love this thread. Maybe I can eventually settle on a color to use all the time. (not!)

Barbara
04-08-2005, 03:00 AM
I see this thread the first time- just can't believe it! It gives me so much more colours! I like inventing a different colour scheme for every person and try to either find one that fits with the kitties or with the region where people live or some other idea:)

My hope is that the congrats look different each- but like a family over all;)

Suki Wingy
04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Paul
IndianRed , MediumTurquoise, [ PapayaWhip, Peru, SeaGreen, SeaShell
TESTING
Why is indian red such a pretty blue , on everywhere but this thread it is the actually indian red. I like mediun turquoise and rosybrown a lot too.
why does everything always not work untill I edit a post or post a new one!!?!?!

joanofark
08-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Just Decieded to bump this up for any newcomers:)

furrykidsmother
08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I knew that there had to be any easier way then the way I do it

I don't see all those colors though???

Almita
08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
I was also thinking probably having a color for default instead of just black.

Zany_girlie
08-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Just thought id bump it up for everyone as a reminder :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2005, 11:47 AM
BUMP!:)

jenluckenbach
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
WOWEEEEEEE

AND I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW :cool: