PDA

View Full Version : Ooops... I want it back!

catnapper
09-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Ever send an email in the heat of the moment and then think about it later and say "OMG! I can't believe I sent that! Gimme it back!!!"

Well, last night I sent a doozey of a letter basically cursing out someone I cannot stand. It wasn't TO the person (I'm not THAT dumb) but to someone else who works with both of us, and is powerless (or unwilling) to do anything to change the situation. This morning I feel down right childish for sending the email and sent another this morning appologizing and telling them to ignore the first email. :o

Drat, I wish I could just erase it like it was never sent!

I can't be the only one who's done this! Please give me your horror stories to make me feel better about it! :D

cloverfdx
09-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Yep sent one a few nights ago and felt realy bad afterwards, got a not so nice reply back, and spoke to said person tonight at dog training and we are cool, just a little mis understanding ;).

lizbud
09-13-2005, 11:05 AM
At work we had a feature in email where you could "recall"
a sent message. Sort of a ooops feature. Might check you email
program options.

moosmom
09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, been there done that!!!

Now whenever I send an email when I'm angry, I get up and walk away from the computer for 5 minutes and think about what I said, how important what I said is and what effect it'll have on the person receiving. Sort of like writing a letter to someone and then not mailing it.

Samantha Puppy
09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Nope. I've sent plenty of nasty e-mails in my time but I never regretted sending any of them. They usually end up help clearing the air and the fight is over within a day or two.

kuhio98
09-13-2005, 12:50 PM
It hasn't happened to me (yet). What I do is draft up an e-mail saying everything I really want to say. But, I leave the TO address blank so that I don't accidently send it. Then I save it and read it back later ~ preferably the next day. I edit it and send it if I still feel strongly about it. But, 95% of the time, I end up deleting it and never sending it because life is too short. Most things are not that important and blow over relatively quickly. What is it they say?

Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule 2: Almost everything is small stuff

slick
09-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
It hasn't happened to me (yet). What I do is draft up an e-mail saying everything I really want to say. But, I leave the TO address blank so that I don't accidently send it. Then I save it and read it back later ~ preferably the next day. I edit it and send it if I still feel strongly about it. But, 95% of the time, I end up deleting it and never sending it because life is too short. Most things are not that important and blow over relatively quickly. What is it they say?
Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule 2: Almost everything is small stuff
I'm the same except I draft mine in Word first. IF I decided to send it I can just copy and paste it into an email, but like you, I rarely send them.

Yes, at work our email is on an Exchange Server and we can recall a message we've sent, only if the recipient has not opened up the email already.

K98: I try to live by Rule 1 and 2...so far it's working and I'm a much happier person for it.:)

lvpets2002
09-13-2005, 03:42 PM
:D Yes have been there done that & your so right when you calm down & think about it your like :confused: :rolleyes: what did I do & then by then it Too Late.. I usally sleep on things anymore till next day or two & then if I am still upset then think of sending something with my feelings on it.. :)

dukedogsmom
09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I haven't done that but I did something stupid here. I still feel bad about it. I know how you feel.