PDA

View Full Version : I did it!!! At least I...

Sus
09-13-2005, 05:37 AM
... think I did! I quit smoking!! Please excuse me for being so immensely pleased with myself that I simply have to brag about it here....!!! So here goes:

YEES! - HURRAY! - WHIIIII! :) :) :) :) :)

When I read furrykidsmothers thread "Do you Smoke?" some time ago - I was still "hooked". But then I joined this "Quit Smoking" course, and I haven't smoked a cigarette now for 17 days. And it feels great!! There'll be no more tobacco crumble in my pockets, no more bad smell in my apartment, no more stinking clothes or hair and, hopefully, no more bronchitis or asthma in the winter.

I know that I'm not out of the woods yet. I still use a nicotine patch, and it will be at least a month before I'm nicotine-free. I could still be tempted, but... I already enjoy my new life as a non-smoker so much that I don't think I shall! ;)

Bella hasn't stated her opinion (!) on our new smoke-free environment, but she did use to stare inquisitorially at me and the cigarette in my hand, waiting for me to put it out - before she leapt on to my lap in the evening. So I guess she's happy with me now! :D

Have a real nice day, you all!

Lots of love,
Sus and the Bellacat

Oh! I completely forgot to include what was supposed to be my final remark - so here it is - "And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat another pound of chocolate..." :D :D

Pawsitive Thinking
09-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Well done Sus! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

finn's mom
09-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Congrats! That'll probably be the best decision you've ever made!

Barbara
09-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Way to go Sus:D And now you'll have to convince Randi;) :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Wow, well done, Sus!! We want so much that our son quits smoking, but he doesn't listen to us :( . What exactly did you do? Are you doing this under doc's surveillance?

Corinna
09-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Yahoo Our son is working on his last pack too. His presant to him self for his birthday Oct 6th . He s been smoking for about 6 months. Will be glad He sure stinks He doesn't know how bad.

sirrahbed
09-13-2005, 08:15 AM
great job Sus!!:D Enjoy your chocolate;) :D I think you deserve it by giving up smoking.

Randi
09-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Congratulations Susanne!!

Well done!! :) I know you've tried before, and trust me, I also know how hard it is for you. :eek: I'm not gonna stop in the next few days, but I AM trying to cut down! Today, I put a nicotine patch on until lunch time and I brought one of the plastic ciggies. :D

furrykidsmother
09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Well done! I am sooo happy for you. I still have 1 or 2 a day, but maybe now with the cooler weather coming I will have incentive to quit. I don't smoke in the house and when it gets cold who wants to stand outside. I hope that I can soon post a thread that I have quit too.

For now, I am so glad to hear that you have quit. What a wonderful feeling it must be. Enjoy the fresh smells!!

Daisy and Delilah
09-13-2005, 08:32 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!

We used the color "chocolate" for our post. Hope you enjoy it and the real chocolate too! You deserve it. Way to go!!

slick
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SUS!!! The hard part is over and all you have to think about is "one day at a time." If you fall back and have one ciggie, it's no big deal and don't beat yourself up. 17 days is tremendous accomplishment and I'm so proud of you. In time, you will see and feel the benefits of being smoke-free. Stay close because you are going to need all the support you can get. Kudos to you and please keep us updated on your progress.

xo

petslover
09-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Congratulations! That is a great achievement!

Logan
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! :)

Sus
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
- For your support! I can do with every bit of it...! Some days I hardly think about smoking at all, and some days I tend to think about little else most of the time. I really do try to go "one day at time"! :)

Love,
Sus and Bella

Anita Cholaine
09-13-2005, 01:55 PM
That's fantastic!:D It's a great desision, and you must be so proud of yourself!:)

luvofallhorses
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Congrats!! :) I just quit smoking myself(I am using the nicotine patch) and have been smoke free for 26 days!! :D

davidpizzica
09-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Congratulations sus! 17 days without a cigarette is quite an accomplishment! I'm also a former smoker who quit January 31, 1982. I did it the hard way by cold turkey. I took a puff of one about 6 weeks after I quit, and I thoughtI was going to die! After that, I'm completely smoke free. Please keep me posted on your progress.

CathyBogart
09-14-2005, 02:01 PM
That's fantastic news!! Congrats!

Kfamr
09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!!

Hopefully Bronchitis and other colds will not get to you - I know when my parents started smoking outside instead of inside the house I haven't gotten Bronchitis as much as I used to. I used to get it atleast 3 times a year when they smoked inside!

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Well done and congrats!!! That's awesome!!!:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-14-2005, 02:32 PM
That's great Sus!! Well done!! You were doing so well when we saw you in Copenhagen - glad you have managed to stick with it!

PJ's Mom
09-14-2005, 03:32 PM
That's a huge accomplishment. Congrats! :)

Karen
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Congratulations - big, bracing hugs to you!!!!

Miss Hoppy makes it a policy to not go near anyone who smokes - good policy for a bunny to avoid forest fires - or things that just smell like 'em!

RedHedd
09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Congratulations! You're out of the woods - the first 10 days are the worst and then it gets easier. Been there, done that; haven't smoked since 11/9/1987. They didn't have the patch back then, but I sure did get addicted to the Nicorette gum. Took another few months to get off THAT stuff. Whatever works, it really IS one day at a time with that addiction too. ;)

Sus
09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
.. quite overwhelming! Thank you very much! Today has been a great day! I've been with some of my best friends who almost all smoke, but it didn't bother me at all. ;) What does bother me a little bit, however, is that I can suddenly smell the remains of the smoke I got into my bedroom back in 2001, when the apartment next to mine was destroyed in a fire. I wonder if it is really possible to still smell smoke from a fire that happened 4 years ago? And by the way: The fire was caused by a cigarette...:eek: :eek:

Love,
Sus and Bella

Flatcoatluver
09-14-2005, 05:24 PM
congrats! my mom and my dad our trying to quit so congrats:) :)