PDA

View Full Version : frightened pup

dab_20
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM
my toy poodle mix, molli, is afraid of EVERYTHING. she is afraid of plastic bags, paper, and paper bags. most things that look strange and make strange noises. if we have to change the garbage or something she runs out of the room with her tail between her legs. if we pick up paper or something she does the same thing. she is also afraid of dark places. if we throw a toy behind the tv or something, she will bark until we go get it for her. i know its not a big deal, but i dont want her going through life being scared of things like that. Does anyone know why she is afraid, or is it just because of the toy poodles sensitive nature? Is there anyway i can show her there is nothing to be scared of?

(she turned 1 year on the 17 of aug.)

Flatcoatluver
09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
umm my dog is kinda the same my english setter is afraid of boxes extension cords, and even his food dish and thats because he is a english setter and there breed is very sensitive.
did you rescue her or anything?

poofy
09-12-2005, 11:05 PM
my little mutt is the same,esp paper bags, and plastic bags, and such..hes a bischon/shizu..PJ

Vette
09-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Kirbys the same way to some degree. hes not that much afarid of paper/plastic bags.. but he is afraid of the dark. if i try to walk him when its dark out,, he'll pee on tree closest to the house.. and then return to the door step and sit there no matter how much we call and encourage him to come. :rolleyes:

hes also afraid of wires,, but only when they move..(video game controller wires) sometime he parks his butt right on my controller wire and have to pull it a little to give me some slack... and he'll jump up and look around wonder who did that...LOL

dab_20
09-13-2005, 07:41 AM
flatcoatlover.... we didn't rescue her. my best friends dog had puppies and we got her from them.

KYS
09-13-2005, 09:23 AM
The only thing I can suggest is try to build up her confidence
slowly and not do let anybody tease her purposely to scare her.
Some dogs are just timid by nature.
Sheba has her quirks too.