PDA

View Full Version : Melissa had a tooth pulled today....

carole
09-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Melissa had been complaining of a sore tooth at the back from time to time, I checked it and could see nothing, so I presumed it was a tooth coming through as she said there was one and that it was a bit sore because of that, however this week it got worse and I took a look and did not like the look of it, we had to go to another school to see the Dental Therapist as they are not at her school until next term.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, it needed to come out and an abcess had formed underneath, she was so not worried or nervous before hand , but started to cry as she was really scared, however all went well, she put on numbing cream , then gave her local which hurt a little and yank it was out, no need for antibiotics so all is good, I think we got it seen to just in time before she got sick with it.

Now the other point to my story is to tell you about all the gorgeous kitties we saw as we were waiting to be picked up by my son, it was kitty haven, this lady had three kitties, a cream burmese, a chocolate burmese and a Birman, we managed a cuddle of the cream burmese as she was out on the path, and also the amazing thing is she had like twenty doves and pidgeons on her roof, she had a special house for them, I would have thought all those kitties would have been after them, they were all beautiful cats, and then along comes the cutest one from next door, a little tortie kitten, she was the most prettiest kitten, not a typical tortie, as she had a white bib, but half a face in ginger and white and the other black, she was mighty fiesty little thing, attacking us, wish I had my camera with me but alas I did not, so it was a nice finish to an unpleasant visit to the Dentist.

The good news was Melissa does not require any orthodontic treatment, they had told us two years earlier she might, it has corrected itself and she had no holes , but she was given a talk on cleaning her teeth better, a good wake up call for her.

Suki Wingy
09-12-2005, 08:04 PM
What beautiful sounding kitties! And I'm glad it will work out for Melissa, I've had 5 teeth not loose pulled total, I got laughing gas but bearly strong enough, I was still really aware of everything.

carole
09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah the kitties were delightful, really made our day, what better a way to spend a few minutes waiting than in a Kitty Haven, surrounded by 4 different breeds, we loved every single minute of it.:)

Uabassoon
09-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I had a tooth pulled about two weeks ago. From the sounds of it your daughter was much braver than I was! First I refused to sit down when they tried to give me the shot, then I finally layed down on the chair and cried like a baby. Then when it came time to pull the tooth I was curled up in a little ball in the chair wimpering!

carole
09-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Yep I think she was pretty brave all right, Melissa is braver than me if I were to tell the truth, I think next time(If there is a next time, hopefully not) she won't be as scared, sometimes it is the fear of the unknown.,Anyway its all over now and healing great, and she is absolutely fine.,probably a darn sight happier than when the abcess was there causing her discomfort.

joycenalex
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM
aw sweetie, feel better soon! ((hugs))