PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Kitty Relations" . . .

christa
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
I was reluctant to ask about this . . . but I figured that SOMEBODY has surely had this problem or "concern" before me . . . so here it is:

Sunday morning when I let Josie out of their room, she was very skiddish & shy and just not herself. I couldn't understand why. Then we went to church and when we came back, my parents were with us, which Josie just loves, but she was acting so wierd . . . low crawling all over the place . . . tail between her legs . . . but still she was purring really loud. Then I noticed that she'd put her tail between her legs like when one of us would be petting her and especially when Brodie would approach.

Could it be? Do cats still "do it" after they're fixed? I know that they still "hump" stuff (for instance, Magoo and his pillow) . . . but I was just wondering if it had anything to do with Josie's behavior? We have noticed that Brodie walks around with his nose in Josie's butt all day, but we just laugh about it and go on . . . I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here.

They've both been "fixed" . . . Brodie is almost 1 year old.

Last night, when we put them in their room for the night, Josie hid under the desk when we turned off the lights and she saw that it was bedtime. It's just not normal for her to do that.

Today they seem normal . . . they've played & napped all day.

Anybody know why she'd act this way? Am I way off base here? I mean, I wouldn't think it would be a problem since they're both fixed . . . I just want to know what to expect.

christa
09-12-2005, 07:28 PM
bump

catmandu
09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
I REMEMBER,THAT FOR A WHILE MR SCRAPPY,WOULD SNEAK UP,ON POUNCER,AND TRY,TO CLIMB UP,ON HER.
SHE WOULD SOCH HIM,I DONT KNOW,TO THIS DAY,WHETHER,SHE WAS OFFENDED,OR DISAPPOINTED.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture726.jpg

jazzcat
09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Sounds like something is up.

I know that Ripley used to get "romantic" with an old Oscar the Grouch hand puppet and would drag it out in front of us and go at it. He was neutered when he was 5 1/2 months old and he did this up till about age 8 when I finally had enough and threw Oscar away because Ripley brought him out while we had company.

Anyway, Ripley now stalks Jazz like he wants something from her. He just started it this year and she senses when he is stalking her and she cries and runs. She usually has to jump up somewhere he can't to get away. He does it frequently. I think he has romantic thoughts too.

I don't know but I'm going with that.

barncat
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Some of my cats----who are all "fixed"--- get together in a sensual/sexual way. It is somewhat related to dominance but also involves elements of play and just sensual enjoyment. Altering a cat changes the hormones, but they are still present to some degree and the behavior is part of their hardwiring which can be activated by social or hormonal or seasonal cues.

I never worried about it much as the cats settled matters among each other without fighting.

Sometimes a fixed cat will go through a false heat... your vet can help you with that, but she may have just gotten stirred up over something and reacted with cat-passion.