PDA

View Full Version : Look at my latest transport

Logan
03-12-2002, 09:50 AM
This weekend, these beautiful babies will be leaving Atlanta, GA and headed on a two day journey to Foxboro, MA, where they will be fostered, loved, spayed and adopted out. All three little girls (Carly, Charlotte and Hope) are coming from Animal Control in the Atlanta area.

Logan
03-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Charlotte is a lab mix

Logan
03-12-2002, 09:52 AM
Hope is a setter mix, who is very, very sad. Just look at her sweet eyes. :(

tatsxxx11
03-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Their beautiful faces break my heart. But, their lives are only getting better, so we should all be happy!! And Logan, Charlotte looks EXACTLY like my rescue Mandy, who is doing great in her new, 2nd forever home! I'll have to scan and post her picture! Good luck on your journey, and be safe! You are carrying VERY precious cargo!!:) (Amazing how so many of these homeless ones from the south are ending up in Mass.; are they going to forever or foster homes??? No kill shelters??)

Logan
03-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Hi Sandra!!! Glad I checked in when I did.

All of these puppies and dogs, over the last month or so are headed to an organization called All Pets Rescue, www.allpetsrescue.com . The last batch went to New Jersey, the ones before that to Pennsylvania. These are going to Massachusetts. They are all fostered, given vet care and then adopted out, under very tough guidelines. I am convinced that each one gets a wonderful home eventually, and they will never be sacrificed for space. All Pets Rescue has no shelter of their own. Every single dog is placed in foster care, thank goodness.

They're coming your way, so keep an eye out for potential homes for them!!! :)

tatsxxx11
03-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Will do! Actually Logan, I think Hedy, my friend from the ASPCA who runs the "Pets 911" and "Animal News Center" websites does a lot of work with "AllPets." I'll have to go check! And, look below to see a pic. of Mandy, the Lab (x ) we re-homed AGAIN last week. She looks so much like Charlotte! What a cutie pie! I hope this one works! I'll be on the look a out!!! Check that Logan, yet another "too large" file! Ahhhhhhhh, this pic. stuff is getting sooooooooooo frustrating! They say Photogra. is now going down the tubes for us here too! I'll try to resize it and repost! Ok, resized and ready for lift off..............................

Oh right, I have to post on a new reply; can't attach on an edit! :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
03-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Here's Mandy!

LoudLou
03-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Logan-

They are all BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!!! Safe journeys to you all.:D

Logan
03-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Sandra!! She does look like Charlotte!! A full review after I transport on Saturday, I promise.

Logan

Darn this picture posting stuff. At least we can do attachments!!!

AdoreMyDogs
03-13-2002, 05:49 AM
They are super cute, Logan! Safe journeys to you and the puptarts! I wish them a lifetime of love and devotion, as well as a lifetime of a forever home, preventing them from ever being without someone again. They are so precious.

Gio
03-13-2002, 07:48 AM
They're all so adorable!. Well that's something that could perhaprs cure me from my dislike for driving! ;).

Have a safe journey!

Angels3
03-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Logan, they are beautiful dogs. Godspeed on their journey to where wonderful homes will be found for them. Onya, all involved in helping these lovely girls.
Marie:)

mugsy
03-13-2002, 11:32 AM
Logan, you are my heroine again!!!! You do so much for the unwanted babies out there. Keep up the good work!!

Logan
03-16-2002, 10:24 AM
The third dog I mentioned, Hope, didn't make the trip this morning. She's going to fly to Massachusetts tomorrow because of a health issue (big bladder stone). It was just too much changing in and out over a two day period for her. It will be better for Hope to make the one trip and be there, where she can get the medical care she needs and deserves.

But look who went in her place. Meet Maurice (black) and Stephanie (blond)!!! :D :D :D I fell in love with all four of them!!!! Charlotte wanted to ride in my lap. She was darling, like a very small black lab. And Carly rode uncrated as well, and was a perfect passenger. She is so very sweet.

I had a blast. If any of you ever have the opportunity to do transport, it is very, very worthwhile. :)

Sudilar
03-16-2002, 10:54 AM
Oh, Logan, they are so precious!!!!

Have you counted up all the lives you've saved?? :):)

You are really "Making a difference, one life at a time." Or shall I say many lives in each trip!! You deserve an award!

sammi
03-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Sweet,Sweet,Sweet that sums it up! I can't wait till I get to go on my 1st rescue ( the first one I was to go on the new owner to be backed out the last min.:( ).

tatsxxx11
03-16-2002, 05:23 PM
What a sight you all must been driving down the highway!! :) Each "group" is more precious than the last! Great job Logan!! Bless you pupsters! It's been a good day!!:)

Crikit
03-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Logan you just had to show the pictures of the pups didn't you? It was already bad enough I was sitting her smiling at the other dogs and thinking how cute they were and then well I saw the pictures of the puppies and I turned in to a little puddle of goo :D

I swear Maurice could almost be passed off as Winters little brother...he's got the blaze in the same spot and the black dots on his nose like she does and the paws are pretty much the same...why oh why did you have to show that? ;)

Logan
03-17-2002, 09:58 PM
I've been getting updates all weekend, and tonight, they are in Foxboro!!! Yippee!! You know they have to be tired of driving!! We all took little parts, but they had to ride the whole way!!

I've posted tons of pictures in my rescue album over at Photogra. If anyone wants to see them, and you haven't already gotten the "invite", just send me a Private Message or Email me, and I'll get the Photogra invite out to you.

Logan

purrley
03-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Logan - you are a jewel!!!! Glad I lurked in dogs today. I haven't been posting in the dog forum since I had to give up my Tess - it's just been so hard. I learned a lot today. I read through the whole Maddie ordeal and was moved to see all the effort and concern that went into that sweet shepard mix. Wow!!! I'm praying she'll be happy forever!!!. Again you're such a jewel Logan in all you do to help our wonderful furbabies;)

gini
03-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Usually I am not on the dog boards......Rascal doesn't allow it being a cat and all. But he is outside now and as I was reading all of the posts about Logan's amazing rescue ride and lookiing at all of the pictures I had a thought.

Have you noticed the eyes on the rescues? To me, they are looking straight at you - there is a bit of fear, they are unsure.

What gave me this idea is that last night I was with my one year old niece. The family has a huge purebred German Shepherd, Jake. Jakes' nose is about twice the size of my niece's ear. Jake has discovered that if he goes up and sniffs my niece's ear it makes her giggle. Jake and niece are an inseparable pair. But I noticed that Jake had a look of pure love and joy in his eyes and just a touch of mischief. He is always a happy guy.

Because of Logan's hard work, I hope all of these pups will soon have that same look of contentment that comes with being well loved and being in a good home.

Logan, what a great example you are for your daughter!