PDA

View Full Version : September 11th

sasha the cat
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
In Memory of those who lost their lives that very terrible day. Today Murray and I went to Plattsburg, NY [we live in Montreal, Canada] just to spend time there. All of the US and Canadian flags were half mast [half staff] in memory of the victims of terrorism.

Americans, Canadians, and Mexicans should sit down and figure out a way to keep our boarders safely open to each other. Perhaps a common ID card, similar to the Euro-card could be issued to applicants from the three countries who travel back and forth.

Personally, I'd like to see such a card but one that carries the added security of DNA ID and finger print ID at safe central location available to customs officers of our three North American countries.

We must never, ever forget September 11th.

slick
09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
I've been thinking about this all day and have been saying silent prayers that this kind of tradegy never happens again.

Karen
09-11-2005, 05:31 PM
We had a lovely service at church today - full of remembrances, and of celebration. We both commemorated the September 11th events of 4 years ago - remember, two of those planes left from Boston, prayed for the people affected by hurricane Katrina, and baptized a twins born too early 6 months ago who are now healthy and thriving.

Life and death are always intertwined, but some days it seems more markedly true.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-11-2005, 06:03 PM
I've been thinking about it today too. I guess it's something you never really forget.

There is a special on the Discovery channel tonight about the crew and the plane that went down in PA. The one they think was on the way to the White House. I plan to watch it. It's on at 7 pm central time.