PDA

View Full Version : september

joycenalex
09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
it's been just a short span of time, and yet i can recall that day so clearly....september in the united states has changed forever for me, and i've never looked at a firefighter, cop and port authority person the same way, and thank you sirius, may all they all rest in peace. this poem is from the cartoon one big happy. ....................................... blazing across the night sky
like shards of broken stars
float images of you
flickering in the darkened haze
of my memory
stirring the warm ashes of longing
to see you in the early morning light
to hear your laughter from the next room
to feel your hand resting on my shoulder
to have you here
once again

tatsxxx11
09-11-2005, 10:48 AM
That was beautiful, J&A, Thank you for posting that. Remembering you Buff and all the victims, family members, heroes, all those affected by the tragedy of 9/11. The memory of that horrific day, the incredible heroism and strength shown by those in NYC, Washington, DC and the fields of PA has faded from the minds of many but forever and always you all will remain in my thoughts, my prayers and my heart.

Tonight at 9pm on the Discovery Channel, a documentary/docudrama will be aired, "The Flight That Fought Back," recounting the incredible heroism of the passengers of flight 93, who brought down the plane headed for our nation's capital, saving countless lives. It includes audio of the last communications many of the passengers had with family and friends.

gini
09-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, another September is here. I woke up this morning and my first thought was "this is September 11th"...............

and that thought made me very quiet, introspective and prayerful.

I will live my whole life never understanding this hatred and complete disregard for human life.

May God be with all of us.