PDA

View Full Version : Noises you don't like...

dogzr#1
09-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I know this is a weird poll but I was wondering what noises you don't like. I don't like the sound of styrfoam.

This isn't a noise but this bothers me- when someone drags their feet/shoes when they walk. UGH that bothers me alot.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-11-2005, 10:29 AM
I just get the creeps when I hear somebody scratching a chalkboard :eek: :eek: . I also dislike the sound of metal (like in metal steel bands).

LKPike
09-11-2005, 10:30 AM
loud 'bangs', our macaw screaming, and Frankie & Jillian crying ((thats not a dislike but it makes me sad/upsetting))

Kfamr
09-11-2005, 10:41 AM
The most annoying noise I don't like is the sound of someone eating.. chomping.. slurrping.. etc.:eek:

swimma253
09-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I voted for chalkboards, and other...

This is weird but it really bothers me when people ffloss their teeth and I can hear it. It grosses me out. :o Also when I can hear people crunching, that bothers me alot.

petslover
09-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I can't stand when people pop their bones.. omg.. that makes me cringe everytime.

CagneyDog
09-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I hate all loud noises :p

kuhio98
09-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Can't stand scratching on the chalkboard (it makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it) and baloons popping always scare me.

sammy101
09-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
The most annoying noise I don't like is the sound of someone eating.. chomping.. slurrping.. etc.:eek:

Ditto!that bugs me so much!

IRescue452
09-11-2005, 11:55 AM
eating noises and the noise of people filing their nails

luvofallhorses
09-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

that annoys me also and it's gross.

dogzr#1
09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
The most annoying noise I don't like is the sound of someone eating.. chomping.. slurrping.. etc.

I can't stand that either.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Eating noises (why do the people who make commercials think hearing someone chomp on food like a cow, would make me want to buy their product? They are wrong), I also hate hearing gum popping and LOUD car stereo basses, so loud they rattle my house windows! VERY RUDE ALL OF THEM!:eek:

Desert Arabian
09-11-2005, 01:56 PM
People snapping their gum and chewing really loud, people coughing up their lungs hacking up mucous, ear-piercing bird shrills, cicadas singing in the trees, raccoons fighting (their scream is spine tingling scarry sounding)-brings back bad memories of camping, the melody/song to the beepbeep.com car commerical. I think that is about it. :p

catnapper
09-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't stand people who sneeze overly loud... a simple achooo will do it. But noooooo I know peole who sneeze as if a tornado was in the room. I know a man who actually says "achooey uncle louie" when he sneezes. :rolleyes:

Also people who pop gum, or chew gum like cows... chomp chomp pop slurp chomp. YUCK

Honorable mentions:
clicking pens
cracking knuckles

Pam
09-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Desert Arabian
the melody/song to the beepbeep.com car commerical.. :p

I am not sure I have heard that commercial but I do agree that some commercials just grate on my nerves! The one I hate right now is for vehix.com. It is the same monotonous music over and over. Thank God for the mute button!

People chewing loudly and with their mouths open is another one. Makes me cringe!

The one sound that I really don't like is my dogs barking outside early in the morning or late at night. It doesn't happen often but occasionally there will be a critter in the yard and off they go barking their heads off. I get worried about the neighbors thinking to themselves "there go those silly dogs (or worse!) :o

finn's mom
09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
People eating. Brakes squealing.

kimboe
09-11-2005, 03:29 PM
i don't like the sound of babies crying,

rizzy
09-11-2005, 03:48 PM
I sometimes can not stand the noise of people cracking their knuckles, toes etc. Also, I know its really gross, but when people throw up. I can not stand it!! Otherwise thats pretty much the major noises.

crsvstang
09-11-2005, 03:53 PM
People chewing real loud or crunching.

slick
09-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Slamming doors, screaming kids/babies, and people arguing are high on my list of dislikes.

katienoonan
09-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't like to hear people scraping their plates and bowls with silverware, it makes me cringe.

k9krazee
09-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by katienoonan
I don't like to hear people scraping their plates and bowls with silverware, it makes me cringe.

Ditto! I really hate it when someone bites a metal fork and scrapes it on their teeth as they pull it out, it gives me chills, I absolutely hate it!

swimma253
09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Ugh I just thought of one major one to add to the list.

I can not STAND listening to someone blowing their nose. It grosses me out so much. Ew Ew Ew! :rolleyes:

Carly :p

luvofallhorses
09-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by swimma253
Ugh I just thought of one major one to add to the list.

I can not STAND listening to someone blowing their nose. It grosses me out so much. Ew Ew Ew! :rolleyes:

Carly :p

same here. atleast go into another room and blow your nose! :p

K9soul
09-11-2005, 06:19 PM
A lot of people mention the eating/slurping/chomping thing but I can take that a step further, because one of my all time pet peeves that makes me disgusted and frustrated beyond words is when I am trying to transcribe a report where the doctor who is dictating is eating or chewing gum while dictating. I wear a headset and they are talking into a mouthpiece, so it is virtually someone smacking and slurping right in my ear and it's enough to make me want to rip my headset off and throw it after awhile when they keep doing it. I am one of the least violent people I know, but if the person doing that were to walk into the room after having to listen to that for awhile, I'd truly want to smack them!

I don't like the chalkboard either, and I can't stand it when people by me are popping their knuckles or bones. My mom has a real problem with the sound of styrofoam. I also get annoyed if someone in a movie theater sitting near me keeps rattling a wrapper or bag on something they are eating. :p

Suki Wingy
09-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, I'm oficially "sensory defensive" so A LOT of things bother me. When I'm stressed, little things such as a key board or paper shuffling can really upset me (makes taking tests hard) and otherwise I HATE BEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!! My alarm clock pisses me off, those phones that beep make me want to slap them and break it, the tiny watch beeps and the car radio tuner make me really mad!!!!!!!
Other than that gum and food being eaten bother me emmensley.

dogzr#1
09-12-2005, 07:32 AM
I agree with the beeps. I usually wake up in a bad mood because I wake up to a beep. The paper sometimes bothers me but not that much. The nose blowing thing bothers me alot to. I don't like it when someone has a cold and keeps blowing their nose in the room. -Monica:)

slick
09-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I thought of one more thing....

snoring........

which is why I chose to remain single.

I probably snore myself, but **raises hand** I've never heard it! :D :rolleyes:

joanofark
09-12-2005, 10:54 AM
...people coughing up their lungs hacking up mucous... cicadas singing in the trees.....

I hate those two also!!

This is weird but it really bothers me when people ffloss their teeth and I can hear it. It grosses me out.

It's not weird, I was going to say that, I hate the sound of it.

And somthing no one said, (No offence to anyone who likes it) but I HATE th sound of all rap music.:rolleyes:

beeniesmom
09-12-2005, 12:08 PM
I hate the sound of slurping...
People sucking in thier boogers instead of blowing thier nose...
Chalkboard...
Loud TV commercials.... ever notice how the volume goes up when they come on?
Buzzing bugs...
Snoring...
Crying babies...
Burping...

DJFyrewolf36
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Sirens...I live on a main street that is the emergency route for both the police station and a fire station. I have very sensitive ears (I can hear most dog whistles) and the sirens really really hurt...plus I have a major fear of them! :o I usually hide under the covers if they come by at night (Which is the busiest time of course)

Loud obnoxious music...I like loud music with a lot of thump, don't get me wrong but I turn my music down in residential neighborhoods because I know how darned annoying it is to have your pictures rattled off the wall by obnoxious bass. I wonder how people can even hear themselves think with music that loud!

Cell phone ringers...my own phone even annoys me.

Anything that "whines"....I can hear electronics and florecent lights. I can hear a TV thats on across the house too. Most electronic devices have some sort of "whine" to them and it grates on me because its so painful.

Anita Cholaine
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
People who cough with the mouths completely opened (I don't know if you understand me...)

Motorcycles (I hate them, and so does Anita)

Small children screaming (babies don't bother me so much...)

And the worst of all: people who blow their nose making a lot of noise... That's so Awful!!!!!

Anita Cholaine
09-12-2005, 01:26 PM
People who cough with the mouths completely opened (I don't know if you understand me...)

Motorcycles (I hate them, and so does Anita)

Small children screaming (babies don't bother me so much...)

And the worst of all: people who blow their nose making a lot of noise... That's so Awful!!!!!:mad:

smokey the elder
09-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Any high-pitched or repetitive noise (car alarms, buzzers etc.) One noise I really hated which I don't experience any more is a buzzing noise on the TV whenever anything is captioned. They must have fixed the carrier wave, finally!

Roxyluvsme13
09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
i hate rap music even though i should like it.....theres so many sounds i hate....the vacuum cleaner...which also scares the crap outta my cat LOL and i dont really like lawn mowers.....LOL neither does Roxy.....and The hamster isnt afraid of anything unless when you wake him up and surprise him...he bit me for that once.....:( and i cant name all the noises i hate...theres way too many, but another one is when its like 10 at night and Roxy is barking her head off...she does that alot.....LOL

Suki Wingy
09-12-2005, 08:00 PM
you're crazy, I love cicadas! They drown out the terrible other noises. and for those of you who don't like nose blowing, try having continually closed nostils and blocked sinuses. I'm now on those steroid nose sprays to open my nostrils and bromenex or something for allergies, but bvasically all of last year I had a terrible continually runny nose ,sore throat, and sinus infection, and I DO mean CONTINUAL. I'm so glad I got Nasocort, Rhinocort's bottle never shoots out the stuff in more than a trickle, making it useless, and nasonex is ok.

cocker_luva
09-12-2005, 10:44 PM
i dont like the sound of people vomiting, and dogs or horses screamin in pain or discomfort

sandragonfly
09-13-2005, 12:33 AM
I don't like hearing nothing.. :(

mruffruff
09-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Well said, Gina.

Maybe we should consider how we'd feel if we couldn't hear all of these "annoying" things.

DJFyrewolf36
09-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
I don't like hearing nothing.. :(

Believe me, I would rather hear all of the noises that annoy me all at once then to not be able to hear at all! I have a disorder where one of the canals in my ears colapse if put under too much pressure. Think about that feeling when you have to pop your ears when changing elevation but not being able to no matter what you do. It makes me go completely deaf if it gets bad enough. I can't see very well, so I rely on my ears to navigate for me most of the time. I'd be completely lost without my hearing, and when I do go deaf (On airplanes mostly) I panic! It scares me to the point of crying even though I know it is temporary...I couldn't immagine being without my hearing forever!
I think a lot of people would be suprised at how much loosing ones hearing would affect them. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
My alarm clock :(

CathyBogart
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
My hearing is not so slowly fading away, and I hate not being able to communicate effectively with my soft-spoken boyfriend. We don't fight, but we get really frustrated trying to talk to each other a lot.

cali
09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
I have long nails so even the THOUGHT of scratching nails on a chalkboard is really painful, because I can just feel that on my own nails.

Suki Wingy
09-14-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't mind the nails on chalkboard sound, actually.

beeniesmom
09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
you're crazy, I love cicadas! They drown out the terrible other noises. and for those of you who don't like nose blowing, try having continually closed nostils and blocked sinuses. I'm now on those steroid nose sprays to open my nostrils and bromenex or something for allergies, but bvasically all of last year I had a terrible continually runny nose ,sore throat, and sinus infection, and I DO mean CONTINUAL. I'm so glad I got Nasocort, Rhinocort's bottle never shoots out the stuff in more than a trickle, making it useless, and nasonex is ok.

I have the same problem you do... but.... if I have to blow my nose, I go to the bathroom so other people don't have to hear me.

RedHedd
09-14-2005, 04:06 PM
:eek: Something that should be done only in the privacy of one's home; preferably behind a soundproof door! My boss does it in his office and it drives me NUTS! Of course, he knows this and I suspect his wife won't let him do it at home. I always close his door to give him some er, um, .... privacy :rolleyes:

wolflady
09-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Since I answered the "sound I like" thread, I thought I would answer this one too :)

Sounds that I don't like include:

screaming babies/kids
backyard dogs barking 24/7 because they're bored :(
rap music...and loud obnoxious music that rattles your windows...it's even worse after 10pm on a weeknight :rolleyes:
vomiting
loud snoring
the sound of someone "snarfing" their snot up their nose
alarm clock buzzers (which is why I wake up to radio)
the sound of an animal in pain (I heard this a lot when I worked at the vet hospital :( )
people fighting

Flatcoatluver
09-14-2005, 05:21 PM
one of my biggest pet peeves is listing to a cat that meow's constantly and a dog that has a high pitched bark

Chica
09-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Scratching on the chalkboard hurts my ears, big time!!!Also, the car alarms that go off for approx. 5 minutes drives me nuts!!! It usually is the horn on the car going off!! :eek: :eek:

Flatcoatluver
09-14-2005, 05:25 PM
i agree with you car alarms drive me crazy

KYS
09-14-2005, 05:46 PM
That was a no brainer for me.
Scratching on a chalk board. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
09-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
:eek: Something that should be done only in the privacy of one's home; preferably behind a soundproof door! My boss does it in his office and it drives me NUTS! Of course, he knows this and I suspect his wife won't let him do it at home. I always close his door to give him some er, um, .... privacy :rolleyes:

Ewww :p

I'd be a little annoyed lol.

poofy
09-14-2005, 08:37 PM
The most annoying
is the sound of someone eating.. chomping.. slurrping..
chalk board
metal..ohhh
most screeching noises
most shrill noises..

dogzr#1
09-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Another one for me is beeping sounds. Ugh- Whenever I wake up to my alarm I feel like knocking it off the dresser or throwing it against the wall because it is so annoying. -Alarm Clocks Are Evil-