PDA

View Full Version : I Saw Alan Jackson Last Night!!

Pam
09-11-2005, 07:58 AM
A souvenir shirt I bought and the ticket that made it all possible. The CD was already mine and my son suggested that I tuck the ticket stub inside for safekeeping. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN7181.jpg

I can't even begin to describe you how awesome this concert was. Sara Evans opened and she was just terrific - beautiful and bubbly and sang her heart out. My favorite, of course, was Suds in the Bucket and that brought the house down! One man held up a poster board with a clothesline and clothes pinned to it! LOL!

Next of course came ALAN!!!! He started out with *Gone Country* and when the line "Look at them boots" came on, the big screens panned down to his feet to show his boots! LOL!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/AJboots.jpg
He sang non-stop for about 90 minutes and was just such a gentleman. Some of the songs he sang were:

Gone Country
That'd be alright
Talkin' song repair blues
Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Summertime Blues
Remember when
Where I come from
Mercury blues
Chattahoochie
Livin' on Love
Itty Bitty
I don't even know your name
Monday morning church
Pop a Top again
5 o'clock somewhere
Too much of a good thing
Rainy day in June
Don't rock the jukebox
Who's cheatin' who
Drive for Daddy Gene (when Daddy let me drive)

Here's another photo. These two are not mine. I "borrowed" them from a fan website. Hope that's legal! LOL!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/AJ1.jpg

When he sang *Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September Day* the two big screens up front had his video rolling and when a fireman, policeman or soldier was on the screen there was thunderous applause. So many people held up their lights and it was very moving. I think that song should be made a national anthem of some sort and played each year on 9/11 all over the country.

I wondered how he would perform 5:00 Somewhere without Jimmy Buffet. Well, not to worry, there was Jimmy Buffet on the big screens, almost as good as in person! :)

For every ticket sold at last night's concert $3.00 will be donated to hurricane relief. Alan said that the United States is always helping everyone and now it's time to help those in our own back yard. It was just wonderful looking around at the crowd and trying to imagine how much would go to help people in need.

I am sorry this post is so long. I just wanted to give you an idea of what an awesome show he puts on. He gives the fans 100%. If you ever get a chance to go to one of his concerts don't hesitate. I would go to another one in a heartbeat. :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/alanjackson65-426x135.jpg

sirrahbed
09-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh Pam it sounds like you had a wonderful evening and I am so glad!!:D I agree that Alan Jackson seems like such a gentleman and like he is truly glad you are there to hear him and wants you to feel comfortable and have a great time. YAY for you and thank you for telling about the concert:) Oh and the pictures are yummy, too;)

Daisy and Delilah
09-11-2005, 08:55 AM
OMG!! I love this man!! How green with envy I am. Isn't he the most humble, down to earth, wonderful man alive? I saw him on the VH1 special last night from New York. I can never get enough of him. Sounds like a great show and glad you had such a great time. I also love Sara Evans and "Suds in the Bucket" is my favorite song of hers. I heard that her husband and kids are traveling with her. Amazing! Thanks for sharing:)

Pam
09-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Deb, he does want everyone to feel comfortable and enjoy themselves. He said that a couple of times! And he always said it with a little "ya'll" in the front! LOL!

Daisy and Delilah, he mentioned the VH1 special which was also aired on MTV last night and said that it was playing as the concert was going on. I have a tape in my VCR of that and will watch it later today. :) He said he had gone up to NY especially yesterday just to play Rainy Day in June as his part of that program.

Yes, Sara Evans said she travels with the whole family. During one of her songs there were lots and lots of pictures of her kids and hubby on the big screens. She certainly seems to be a *grounded girl* to quote one of the lines from Suds in the Bucket! LOL!

CountryWolf07
09-11-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm so glad you had a good time! :) I absolutely adore Sara Evans, did she sing her new single, "A Real Fine Place to Start"? Cause' that is my favorite song right now.. :D I'm glad you bought a t-shirt and kept the stub! That's what I do!

Pam
09-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
did she sing her new single, "A Real Fine Place to Start"?

Yes she did, and she has a new CD coming out on October 4th and sang a few songs from it. It will be one to listen out for and buy!

Today the sermon at church had to do with remembering 9/11 and the sermon title was "Where was God?" The sermon actually started out with the question of "Where were you on 9/11?" and unbelievably they played Alan Jackson's song "Where were you when the world stopped turning" and there were images on the screen of the horror of that day. It was pretty amazing sitting in church and hearing Alan Jackson singing.

RICHARD
09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Pam
It was pretty amazing sitting in church and hearing Alan Jackson singing.

I think you have to have a little faith to write a song like that.

;)

Pam
09-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Scroll up. I added pictures (not mine). :o

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2005, 01:59 PM
How fun!! I saw Alan Jackson in Cincinnati several years ago, and it was an great show then! Thanks for sharing your fun evening with us!

Christiansmommy
09-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I was with my mom at the concert. I was basically going to keep her company, and as a little outing with her and my brother...not knowing much about Alan Jackson or his music. But after the show last night...I have to say I am more interested in country music...he did a great performance... and I will definately buy some of his cd's. I really did enjoy myself...and the atmosphere was nice...bunch of country folk with cowboy hats ( there are *some* in Jersey, believe it or not :)lol! I think I will move south in the future...I enjoy the east coast, but it would be nice to live in a more open country setting...

Anyway, a good time and great performer.

Robyn