PDA

View Full Version : Games My Dogs Like To Play

Malinois
09-11-2005, 12:22 AM
My dogs like to play hide-n-go seek, fetch, and all these other games!! Some of them the dogs made up - and they are totally just plain old weird:) !!!!!!

Flatcoatluver
09-11-2005, 07:29 PM
that sounds like fun!!! i try to teach my dogs hide and go seek but that never works very well

poofy
10-10-2005, 02:15 AM
How do you teach hide and go seek..I wouldlike to know that one..and also any one have any ideas on teaching a dog to amuse himself with toys..only have 2 toys he likes, both are for tug and use them for fetch.If i use any thing esle for fetch, helooks at it and turns around.. :confused:

anna_66
10-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Hide and seek is one of Roxey's favorite games that we play:D
It's fairly easy to play at our house since we have three dogs and they all seem to get in each others way as I run past ;) But luckily our house kind of goes around in a circle and that makes it a little easier.
But if someone else is around, have them hold the dog then hide! Give a little whistle or say their name, they should have fun sniffing you out!

Roxyluvsme13
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Roxy likes sniffing out treats I hide, and Tink likes chasing/following the kitty :D

Opilies
10-20-2005, 04:38 AM
OP and I play hide-and-seek and Where's the Biscuit. For Where's The Biscuit she'll go over to where the cookie jar is and lift her paw to point at the biscuits.

My smartie girl will only find her tennis ball though. She's also very picky about fetching only HER tennis ball...a replacement ball will not do. We play Hide-and-Seek like this: I say OP sit, stay...show her the ball...then go to another room and place it somewhere easy. Walk back to her. then say, "get your ball." She loves playing this. Each time I make it harder and harder, but she pretty much finds it every time.

She is also really good at finding tennis balls outside when we're out for a walk. She'll suddenly veer off a few feet or yards, sniff around and then bring me back a lost tennis ball.

My DH likes playing Dork the Ears...silly silly man.

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
aww that so cute! By the way welcome to pet talk!!!!

Sampson-my guardian angel
11-16-2005, 07:15 PM
My dog likes to play flyball,catch,tennis,and smell it. Smell It is were I have a treat in one hand and the other is empty. Then he has to smell my hand and choose the hand with the treat. If he getts it right....well......he gets the treat. If not we try again. (he usually gets it right though) :)

daniellecrimson
11-28-2005, 02:35 AM
2 of my dogs like to play socker and football. they move the socker ball with there paws and then run after it and try to keep the other dog from getting it. And the foot ball the hold in ther mouths and run around with it while the other one chases them, then for no reason at all ( they never ketch each other for some reason, even though they could) they like throuw the ball and let the other get it and run with it. Ya my dogs distroyed the grass in my back year like this!!