PDA

View Full Version : Geico is missing!

k9krazee
09-10-2005, 07:48 PM
My science teacher gave me her Tokay Gecko when I was a freshmen (4 yrs ago) because she hated feeding her pinkies...well anyway Geico (she named her...) has escaped....again! Sometimes my family members try to do the right thing and when they find a loose cricket in the house they will give it to her. Well the lid of her cage is kind of broken and I really need a new one and if you aren't careful enough it doesn't close all the way and she can get out. She got out this morning, usually she is on the shelf right above her cage and you can lure her back in with a cricket but I have looked and looked for her. She has been loose a couple of days before, I left her cage open and she is usually drawn back to the heat lamp but I will check on her again before I go to bed. Yeah, pretty pointless post but I'm worried about my little girl! What if she doesn't come back this time or gets stuck somewhere or eaten by the cat?! I would feel horrible because this could have all been prevented if I would have gotten a new screen for her tank.

Here is a pic of Miss Geico...taken a while ago lol
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/My%20dogs/000_0312.jpg

I would appreciate it if you could maybe send a few good vibes this way, I'm sure she will be back in her cage soon begging to be fed...thank you :)

CathyBogart
09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I would worry more about the tokay eating my cat! ;)

On a serious note, I hope she's home safe soon.

buttercup132
09-11-2005, 07:35 AM
omg i hope u find her , keep updated, shes very cute by the way

k9krazee
09-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by CathyBogart
I would worry more about the tokay eating my cat! ;)

lol, yeah she isn't the friendliest of creatures thats for sure. She still isn't back in her cage though, I am in the process of tearing apart the shelves above her cage and hopefully I will find her.

gemini9961
09-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Find her yet?

salamander
09-11-2005, 02:58 PM
UH-OH!!! My frog was sadly found in my bathroom dried up because he got out of his tank:( I hope you find your Geico!!

k9krazee
09-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by gemini9961
Find her yet?

Yup :D She was hiding behind her tank, the only place I could not see. I stuck a cricket on the end of this long clippy thing and lured her back in her cage. :)

Karen
09-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Yay! Good idea, must have been a tasty-looking cricket!

ramanth
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Glad you found her!

CathyBogart
09-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by k9krazee
Yup :D She was hiding behind her tank, the only place I could not see. I stuck a cricket on the end of this long clippy thing and lured her back in her cage. :)

That is very clever, and less risky than grabbing a Tokay with gloves. Glad your lovely lady is back where she belongs!!

sandragonfly
09-24-2005, 05:58 AM
whew!

geico, your mommy will get you a new screen ...just don't escape again!

krazee, glad she's ok! *relieved* :)