PDA

View Full Version : Lucas update 9-10-05

jenluckenbach
09-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Well, Lucas is back on the pancreatic enzyme but this time at a higher dosage. It appears to be truly working this time. He is still pooping on the floor, but as I told Charlie to day, if picking up a poop off the carpet 2 times a day is the worst thing going on in my life, then I think I have it pretty good. At least I can keep track of which poop is his (it's the one on the floor :rolleyes: ). And they are firming up, almost normal, with the slightest amount of softness. So at least they are now easier to clean up. I can hope that when they get to the perfectly firm poop stage then he will remember what the litter box is for. His appetite is back to normal too. :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Jen, this is wonderful news.:) I hope that Lucas continues to get better and his stools become firmer too.:)

doolittleky
09-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I hope Lucas continues to improve. It is so hard when they aren't feeling well.

catnapper
09-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Yay Lucas! I'm so pleased to hear you're getting better.

How considerate of you to show meowmie exactly what your poopy looks like by keepign it out of the litter where it would get mixed up with the others! Did my orangie boy teach you that trick?

momcat
09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Such good news about Lucas! Here's hoping this is the beginning of the end. Lots of feel better lovebug being sent just for Lucas!!!

rg_girlca
09-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh Jen, this is such great news to read. You keep on doing well dear Lucas.

Jen, if you put newspaper around the litter box, do you think Lucas would go on it? Just a thought as it would save your carpet and make it easier to pick up.

Craftlady
09-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Is this pancreatic enzyme something he will have to be on for a life time?

jenluckenbach
09-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
Is this pancreatic enzyme something he will have to be on for a life time?
Yes. It appears that his pancreas is not making it like it should be. Kind of like a diabetic might need insulin or hypothyroid needs thyroid enzyme.

Craftlady
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Yes. It appears that his pancreas is not making it like it should be. Kind of like a diabetic might need insulin or hypothyroid needs thyroid enzyme.

I learned something new today :)

CalliesMom
09-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Glad to hear that his poopies are firming up. Does he associate the litter box with pain?

jenluckenbach
09-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
Does he associate the litter box with pain?
I am hoping that is the case and soon his tummy will feel normal. If it has just become habit we have have a problem.

catmandu
09-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I AM SENDING PURRSONAL PRAYERS,TO MY DEAR FRIEND LUCAS,THAT HES FEELS BETTER SOON,AND LEAVES HIS BUSINESS,IN THE BOX.
YOUR ORANGE PAL,MICHAEL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1015.jpg

jenluckenbach
09-11-2005, 12:56 PM
No poops on the floor this morning! Does that mean total success? Will keep fingers crossed.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-11-2005, 02:29 PM
SOOO glad things are looking up for darling Lucas. Please give him scritchies from me!

jenluckenbach
09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
As soon as I think things are better we get not only a poop on the floor, but a very loose one. :( :( :( Am I allowed to give up yet?

furrykidsmother
09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
OH NO!!! I just saw this and I was getting really happy until your last post!! I sure hope things get better for you and Lucas.

No, you are not allowed to give up yet. I know you wouldn't anyway.

momcat
09-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Jen! How is Lucas today? Is he feeling better? Prayers still being prayed for your sweet furkid.....

jenluckenbach
09-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Still leaving soft poops on the carpet 1 or 2 times a day. :( Other than that, he is totally fine. But since soft poops aren't normal, we still have many questions.

THANK YOU for asking.!!

Soapets
09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
I hope Lucas continues to improve. I'm just catching up on things here on PT now, so sorry I haven't responded to anything about Lucas before this. I will keep Lucas, and you, in my thoughts and prayers....

Deb

momcat
09-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Still praying for Lucas and thinking of both of you. How is he today? Sorry, I've been pretty tied up with a few things lately and haven't had a chance to check in. Hope the news is good.....

jenluckenbach
09-17-2005, 05:31 PM
The news is pretty much the same.........he is taking pancreatic enzyme, but the only thing it is doing is preventing LIQUID diarrhea....he still has very soft poops (and on the floor).

new medicine to be dispensed Monday.