PDA

View Full Version : How long did you lurk before your first Pet Talk Post?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2002, 02:28 PM
I posted the first day I found Pet Talk but was off and on several times before I decided I just couldn't keep my opinions to myself any longer. :D
I may not know much about some things but that's never stopped me from having an opinion. :)

sammi
03-11-2002, 02:37 PM
I think that I visited a few times and then joined. It was a week or two b/4 I posted if I remember correct. Was also the first message board that I signed up for.

Why is it so tough to sign up and post on a new message board? LOL :eek: I had been lurking on several site's and just couldn't get up the currage to sign on. Of course some they were fighting like crazy on!

Freckles
03-11-2002, 02:54 PM
I registered 6-24-00, the day after Karen & Paul. My first post was 10-28-00.
I was a little surprized it took me that long, until I recognized I'm not known for my quantity of posts!

aly
03-11-2002, 02:55 PM
I lurked for about 5-10 minutes before posting my first message. It was on a topic I was rather passionate about.

Randi
03-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Before I joyned, I had been looking at COTD for a while, but then I noticed PT, read a few posts and joyned 16.01.2002. I posted my first 3 days later. :)

Enjoying this site immensely! :D

lynnestankard
03-11-2002, 03:20 PM
I kept visiting - believe it or not, it took me courage to actually sign on. Once I had it was only a short time before posted.:eek:

Since then it's become soooo addictive :) :)

Lynne

anna_66
03-11-2002, 03:20 PM
I posted the very same day I signed up, I was looking for some people to talk to about my animals, and everyone on here is so nice I'm glad to be part of it:D

http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm?p=PA&cat=Dogs&CatID=205&Parentcat=Animals%

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/37743/thumb/4456395_20020308_160115_20020308162305_t.jpg

Dixieland Dancer
03-11-2002, 03:33 PM
I registered on June 30, 2000 about a week after Karen and Paul but I did not start posting until about August of 2001. I was a faithful DOTD viewer but admit I did not even lurk into Pet Talk until over a year after I registered. I was afraid I would get hooked and quess what?

I DID!!!! :D :D :D

LoudLou
03-11-2002, 04:30 PM
I don't remember how I found PetTalk.... Think it just magically appeared on my screen. ;) :D I don't think I "lurked" for long... y'all are such wonderful people I just got sucked right in!!;) :D

Pam
03-11-2002, 05:25 PM
I found Cat of the Day (and had made it my home page) sometime before Pet Talk started. I first noticed Pet Talk on 6/29/00 and signed right up and began posting immediately and have never stopped! Believe me I never would have stuck around this long if it wasn't a great place. I have never been involved in a message board type thing before. I found the best on my first try! :)

Crikit
03-11-2002, 06:34 PM
I lurked for a little while before I joined but once I joined it didn't take me that long to start to post that was what three or four weeks ago? :D

wolflady
03-11-2002, 06:56 PM
LOL LOL Isn't it funny how we all got sucked in and now we're hooked??!!!
My aunt (Ila) first sent me the pet of the day link quite awhile back. I glanced at it, then forgot about it. A few weeks later I was cleaning out my email inbox and saw the link again. I went to it and looked at the Pet of the day, and noticed the Pet Talk button at that time. Curiously, I checked it out. I then became a "lurker" for a few months until I just had to chime in about something! Can't even remember what it was, but I think it was something I was passionate about. After that first post, I've been posting ever since...and have become addicted!! I think I "lurked" for so long because I felt like I would be intruding on a private circle of friends, but once I posted, I discovered it wasn't that way at all. Everyone is so nice here!! I do feel like I fit in more with the Cat Talk folks, but everone is great and I do read the Dog Talk side of things quite a bit, even if I don't post as much!:D LOL
It's nice to have a place to come and talk to other pet lovers about animals, and it's great that we can all share opinions and advice and some great stories!! Plus, I've met some wonderful people I never would have known right here in my own state! This is a wonderful site!! I'm so thankful for it, especially lately in times of stress or sadness. **hugs**
Karen

Logan
03-11-2002, 06:59 PM
LOL!!! I posted right away, back towards the beginning of Pet Talk, and I haven't shut up since then :o .

AvaJoy
03-11-2002, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure how I first became aware of this website, but I have been a faithful daily viewer ever since . . . I even went back through all the archives to see what I had missed!

When my horse Tim (now Rainbow Bridge) was POTD on 2/6/00 I don't believe there was a PetTalk forum; correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd like to go back and read the comments about him. It was quite awhile later when I finally jumped in with both feet to vent about a newspaper columnist/professor that regularly lets his declawed cat outdoors to get beat up . . . and I still try to post whenever time permits because everyone is so compassionate, understanding and straightforward. :)

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2002, 08:32 PM
Ralph told me about DOTD and posted pictures of the girls, and still I was a lurking. It was til a few months later, I finally joined for myself and now I have many more posts then he does!!!

lynnestankard
03-12-2002, 03:32 AM
You know reading these posts it's just struck me - it's not a message board - it's a good gossip!! It's talking to friends not just posting a Message on a very impersonal board.

Lynne

purrley
03-12-2002, 06:42 AM
I lurked for about a year - just looking at the pictures of the Pets of the Day. One day I decided to post and WHOP - I can't STOP!!!:D :D

Former User
03-13-2002, 03:25 AM
Ummm... I think we posted the same day we joined, but at first, I didn't know how to post (Im' blond, took time to learn:rolleyes: ), so my husband had to post for me. I had to wait for him to come home from work and then post :rolleyes: But after I learnt how to do it, wahey, no stopping me, as you've noticed :eek:

gini
03-13-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Ummm... I think we posted the same day we joined, but at first, I didn't know how to post (Im' blond, took time to learn:rolleyes: ), so my husband had to post for me. I had to wait for him to come home from work and then post :rolleyes: But after I learnt how to do it, wahey, no stopping me, as you've noticed :eek:

And are we ever glad!!!

Gini and Rascal

mruffruff
03-13-2002, 01:30 PM
I lurked for quite a while before I posted. Still lurk more than I post, but I'm working on that;)

Since I can only access PT from work, I can't always respond to issues when I'd like. Some days I can't even lurk! (Gotta work sometimes)

Like Wolflady said, the posts are not like private conversations here. Everyone is really welcome to submit their opinions.

I feel like I have a lot of new friends. And we're all crazy about animals.

And I love the pictures.

Mary

Former User
03-13-2002, 01:49 PM
Aww, thank you Gini! :)

AmberLee
03-13-2002, 11:04 PM
I was a visitor to Cat of the Day before there was Pet Talk. Didn't visit Pet Talk at first, as I was somewhat leery due to poor experiences at other boards... Stumbled in by accident one day after I pushed the wrong button :rolleyes: and started lurking. Visited for roughly two months before something came up that I HAD to put my 2 cents in on! :D I've particularly valued this site and you wonderful people here over the past few months: things have gone badly at work and I really appreciate a spot to unwind/de-stress.

You guys are wonderful!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-14-2002, 12:13 AM
I found Pet of the Day sometime before October 2001. I can't remember the first time I saw Pet Talk, but it must have been right before Feb 2002 because thats when I joined and I posted, I just couldn't wait to join the fun. I just love looking at everyones pictures of their furrkids, and I looooooove talking about animals ( thats probably evident seeing how I've only been a member for not even a month and I have posted 150somethin times)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2002, 02:05 PM
I was like you Sara. I've been checking the cat of the day for...ooohhh..probably a year and half now. It's part of my morning routine. I check a few sites, then gotta see who's Cat of the Day. :) I never noticed the Pet Talk down below until sometime in February 2002. Lurked for about a week and here I am! It is a bummer having to work because it interrupts the time I can spend posting or looking at cute kittie pictures. :rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-14-2002, 06:48 PM
It is a bummer having to work because it interrupts the time I can spend posting or looking at cute kittie pictures.

Not me....... unfortunatally I work nights and there is really no strict supervision while I am here and.......... shhhhhhhh nobody tell them but......... I AM ON PET TALK ALLLLLL THE TIME WHILE I AM AT WORK AND IF THEY FIND OUT I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO ME.!!!! I AM ADDICTED HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :D

I REALLY DONT WANT ANY HELP HOWEVER....I LOVE IT HERE!!!

wolflady
03-15-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

Not me....... unfortunatally I work nights and there is really no strict supervision while I am here and.......... shhhhhhhh nobody tell them but......... I AM ON PET TALK ALLLLLL THE TIME WHILE I AM AT WORK AND IF THEY FIND OUT I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO ME.!!!! I AM ADDICTED HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :D

I REALLY DONT WANT ANY HELP HOWEVER....I LOVE IT HERE!!!

LOL LOL You guys!! What a good deal for you, Sara!! LOL :D I too get quite addicted at work :o I know I shouldn't spend so much time on the boards while I'm at work....but sometimes I just need the stress break! Especially as of late with all the crazy stuff that is going on! I have piles and piles of stuff to do, but I still come here for a dose of stress relief and good company!;)

purrley
03-15-2002, 12:04 PM
DITTO WOLFLADY - that's exactly how I relieve the stress of the work day - every day I just hope they don't ax me:) :) I have to have a password to get into the Internet so it is possible for them to monitor my time on the Internet if they wanted to.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

but I still come here for a dose of stress relief and good company!;)

And what better stress relief than seeing pictures of so many adorable kitties and other pampered pets. It just always brings a smile to my face when I see these pictures, even if the boss is in the other room ranting and carrying on. :rolleyes: