PDA

View Full Version : I'm so angry, I'm shaking !!

king2005
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll start at the begging, other wise it wont make any sence & please bare with me, I'm VERY angry!!

It was about 10am when Rob, Tom & myself went outside to get the trailor ready to go to the dump. We saw a toddler no older then 2yrs old, strapped in a carrage & at the vety top of the driveway in the middle.

We thought nothing of it, cause a parent must be there. 5 mins go by & still no parent. then 10, then 15 mins go by & still no parent!

Around 15mins later a 4-5yr old comes out, runs to the baby & then runs back inside. Then 5mins later a mother in her PJ's comes out & takes the baby inside.

All 5 of us were outside watching this baby. The baby wasn't in any 911 kind of danger, since we kept a VERY close eye on it, but we were quite upset.

It was the first time we had seen any child left alone at that place so we dissimissed it as a parent not paying attention & we were gonna leave it at that.

Then around 1:30-1:45 Rob & I hear this child crying. We rushed to the window & there was the 4-5yr old balling her poor eyes out & doing everything she could to get inside the house. She was kicking, punching & slapping the door.

That was our last straw & we called the local police because we didn't feel like it was a 911 issue, due to us keeping our eyes on her & she wasn't in any danger at that time.

Around 2:30ish a male officer shows up at their door. He knocks & knocks & buzzes & buzzes. Finally the mother openeds the door, officer goes in for a few mins, then comes out & joins with a female officer & comes to our door!!!!

For the love of god, they shouldn't have walked up to our house, to single us out as the people who called the police!

But whatever, I was glad to see the officers show up nonetheless.

I opened the door & greated them like I would anyone else with a smile & a polite good day officers.

Ok breath, relax (I'm still very upset).

(its the male officer doing 90% of the talking)
Oh geez my mind is mush, but anyways, I told them my story.

The Officers told us they shouldn't have been called, because its very busy out there (pointing in the direction of the business area).

We should have gone over there to make sure everything was ok & resolve it ourselves! Keep in mind the officers r being quite rude with us.

We siad we're not going over there, we kept a close eye to make sure they didn't run onto the street, & thats why we called the police & not 911.

Then the officers said, the mother told them the child was out there no longer then 15 secones. I said it takes much longer to set up the trailor, get it out & hook it up to a car, then 15 seconds. it takes 20-30 mins.

Basically the officers called us liars to our face & made it look like we did wrong.

I was litterly in shock from what the officers said to me (Rob was flying & Tom was behind me).

I called Rob all upset & yelling & told him what happened. He gave me the local police # & told me to press 0 & ask for a supervisor. So I did that.

I told him everything & guess what he said in the end?

JUST GUESS?!?!

& what would you like to see done!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

%$^$&)^$

OMG I nearly had a heart attack! He was doing the same BS as the officers were.

Its not my problem, I'm busy sitting on my @$$ (Where I live, there really isn't any big crime going on, just speeder & stupid harmless kids), fix it ur self kind of attitude!

I really didn't know how to answer the supervisor so I said I don't know, talk to them, let them know they were rude, shouldn't treat people like that, etc.

I honestly want to called the media & make the complaint to them & how I felt I was treated.

For crying out loud, there was a deadly driver on the 417 months ago. The old man was all over the place & was forcing car after car after car off the hwy. We called 911 & they asked us to stay behind him & keep an eye on things until the officers showed up. The 417 is really big & when the old guy nearly made a car spin out & crash, we did take manners into our own hands. We got infront of him & forced him off the road to a full stop. We made him turn off the car & told him the police were coming. We called 911 right back & told them everything. They were so pleased & impressed, all 10 officers shook our hands.

See thats they type of thing civilans need to jump in, people were at danger & it needed to be stopped right then, not 20 mins later.

But these baby & child situation didn't need us getting involved & from what we learned in Police Foundations, is that u NEVER go to a house alone (officer wise), which kind of tells us to stay away, unless the kid is in danger right now. We don't know the neighbours or anything, so its not like we can go there all neighbourly like & ITS THE OFFICERS JOBS TO DEAL WITH THESE THINGS!!

I need to cool off. I'll return to correct anything I might have miss typed or didn't explain enough.

luvofallhorses
09-10-2005, 02:51 PM
:eek: I am so sorry the cops were being jerks. :( ((((HUGS))))) I don't know if the mother lied or what, because if the kid was only out there for 15 seconds or so, they wouldn't be screaming and kicking the door to get in. Atleast that is what I think. Something tells me there is more to this story(not that you know about) but that is really strange the mother would say the child was out there for 15 seconds. Like I said, I don't think a child would be kicking and screaming for someone to let them in, unless they had an older sibling locking them out. Who knows? Sorry you had to witness this. :(

king2005
09-10-2005, 03:04 PM
There is an older brother & he left with his father, some time while we were out at the dump & getting lunch. & she wasn't outside then. We were watching tv & heard her cries.

catnapper
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Wow. I'd be ticked off too! Not only did they handle the situation wrong, they also made it obvious to the neighbor WHO had called in the first place! :eek:

Call the media. All they can do is sya its not something they'd persue, then call the next TV staton or newspaper on the list. SOMEBODY would be interested in making this a news story. The police a re here to protect us and I've always heard NOT TO GET INVOLVED in any domestic issue. What they did was the exact opposite of what I've always been told.

While you're phoning, call child services and report the neglect. They'll take your call seriously and investigate thoroughly.

moosmom
09-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I would've called the media. The media is a very powerful tool that can make cops drop to their knees when they're caught not doing their jobs.

Remember a while ago there was a story on the news about a couple who left their kid in a stroller outside of a pub and went in to have a few brewskis??????

chocolatepuppy
09-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm sorry you tried to do what was right and got a slap in the face! You've got some great advice given here.
Where I live if you call the cops, your name will be in the paper, something about being able to 'face your accuser', so no worry if they come to your door, the whole town's gonna know you called anyways. :rolleyes:
I hope you have luck with the media or childrens services. Bless you for trying to help.

Freckles
09-10-2005, 04:50 PM
From now on, DOCUMENT! If you see one or both little kids by themselves more than 1 minute, write down date, time, and when someone came out to get them. Keep the page handy for future events. You'll have it if you need to show the cops or Child Services in the future. It would still be your word over hers, just writing it down will give credibility.

king2005
09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
the sad thing is, is that I'm moving next week. I don't think I'll have any time to do anything. I'm just gonna email the media & see if others have complained about the same thing.

I'm charging up my batteries for the digital camera, to take photos & videos, if I ever see those little ones outside again like that.

& if I have to call the police again, I'll have the video turned on to record the convo in my pocket (I have huge pockets on my fav shorts)

NoahsMommy
09-10-2005, 05:42 PM
That is absolutely horrid. That is what the police are there for.

Poor kiddos...what a horrible environment for them to have to live in. :(

Daisy and Delilah
09-10-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm also sorry you had to go through this. It sounds like the police I've dealt with here in Florida. They never want to get involved in anything. Most recently I called to report my neighbor that was burning gigantic fires in his back yard. He had fires so large, the tops of his trees were on fire. I was tired of finding a thick layer of ashes on my car about twice a week every week. I complained to the neighbor and he threatened to kill me, called me names that I can't repeat here, and basically talked to me like nobody ever has before. I called the police and the fire department. His wife lied to all of them(I could hear her talking) and they believed her. She said I exaggerated the story and the fire was much smaller than I described. Incidentally, he was completly wasted and was hiding in the house when they came. He couldn't even handle his own problems. The police have told me repeatedly theres nothing they can do for me. I'm on my own. Just like they told you. In your case, children are involved and the police will keep ignoring the red flags until an innocent child gets hurt or dies. It happens all the time in Florida. What do decent citizens need to do to get help from our law enforcement people? It makes you wonder doesn't it? Good luck.

king2005
09-10-2005, 11:11 PM
If I ever find out that one of their kids gets hit by a car or attacked by an animal with no parent outside. I'll become the police departments worst enemy!!