PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else knit?

kimboe
09-10-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm just getting started to knit alot of my friends, family and of course me some new tuks, scarves and mittens.
is anyone else getting ready for the cold season??
yeah, i know i'm a dork.
My friends they come over to get ready to go out and they laugh when they see me on the couch knitting....:p

G535
09-10-2005, 02:40 AM
After hand sewing horse gear for over 20 years I don't think I'll ever take up something as tame as knitting again! Lots of my friends do knit though and the results are so much better than what comes from stores.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Your friends are absolutely wrong!! Knitting is a great way to relax and create something personal! When my kids were still toddlers, I knitted several sweaters for them! I always applicated something on it, like Donald Duck, Santa, etc...! I still have tons of books with instructions on the attic!
I cannot knit anymore, because my fingers are to stiff now....:( . I also used to sew a lot, like pants, jackets, sheets, etc...; and lots of cross-stiching too:)

kimboe
09-10-2005, 02:10 PM
your so right! it is relaxing...i like to knit. I have'nt gone a far as knitting a sweater but soon i will.
i also just started to make my own t-shirts and tank-tops. And i'm going to try to find a silk screening tool to make my own prints on them.
I really like making my own stuff cause i don't like having the same thing as everyone else from the stores. (clothes and bags)

:D

Cookiebaker
09-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't knit, but I crochet. I love crocheting! I learned how 10 years ago, and so far I have made 3 full size afghans, 3 baby size afghans, and a laprobe; besides doing small projects (a doll, a doily, bookmarks etc.)

Do you have pictures of your finished projects?

Karen
09-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I do not knit. I ruin yarn. Seriously - a long time ago, my grandma (loved her sooo much) tried to teach me how to knit. I didn't want to learn, but I tried, anyway, to make Grandma happy. She would start a couple rows, then show me how to do the next row. I would, but my stiches would eventually get so tight I couldn;t foorce the needle through the loop ...
Then grandma would undo it all, we'd cut off the yarn I wrecked, and start again.

I can embroider (though I haven't in a long time) and crochet simply (Dad taught me that) but I do not knit, despite having prodigious knitters on my family tree.

kuhio98
09-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't knit but I crochet all the time. When I was about 11 someone tried to teach me how to knit. For some reason each row I did, I increased one stitch. My teacher couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and I got so confused, I just quit. Crocheting seemed to fit me better. But! If any of you ever need a triangle knitted, I'm your gal! :p

kimboe
09-11-2005, 03:40 AM
i've never tried crochet but i'm planning to do so soon, here is picture of me knitting today, just finished the tuk and i'm working on a matching scarf.
(by the way i just got my new couches i love them they are so soft'n'fluffy:))
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid186/pb81054ea3c59017929e976e34c3555dd/f25c4d88.jpg
and these are my finished projects, alot of my other stuff are still in winter bins in the basement. there's three tuks and one pair of mittens that i've done so far.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid186/pb76006ccf5ce4ae07d44aec269e1e2db/f25c4ace.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Great work!! I love it all!

Cookiebaker
09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
those are sooo cool! :cool: :D

kimboe
09-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanx:D

luvofallhorses
09-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I don't knit, but I am learning how to crochet :) and those look great :) Keep up the good work! :)

poofy
09-11-2005, 06:48 PM
You really do a good job, they look great, and love your sofa..
I can knit, and have done lots even large sweaters, but dont really care for it except for small projects, I cochet..loveit and i get the same relaxaing feeling your talking about, i love all hand projects, they are very realaxing, and your friends dont know what they are missing..http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/b112.jpg

jackie
09-11-2005, 07:29 PM
I would love to start to sew or knit!

kimboe
09-11-2005, 08:13 PM
i started by reading this site http://www.wonderful-things.com/newknit.htm

Corinna
09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
I spin as well as knit. In fact I,m working on a project for a pet talker right now.

kimboe
09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Wow, you spin? that's pretty cool. is it cheaper to spin?

dukedogsmom
09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
I crochet a lot. The most I can do with knitting is a scarf or an easy afghan. I took a few lessons but would love to take more. I've got a couple of sweaters that I would love to make but don't have near enough knowlege to do so. I do enjoy it, though.