PDA

View Full Version : if I could fly?????

RICHARD
09-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Pilot didn't know he'd lost half a wing

A pilot flew his plane for two hours without realising he was missing half a wing.

His passengers - two flight engineers on their way to repair a Boeing 767 - also failed to spot it had been ripped off, taking a fuel tank with it.

Their Cessna 210's wing was split in two when it hit a tree on take-off from an airstrip near Shannon in Ireland, reports the Mirror.

The pilot later said he heard a bang but thought he had just hit a small bird.

He only realised what had happened when he spotted his back-up fuel tank gauge was on empty as he flew over the Channel on the way to Portugal.

He put out a Mayday call and landed at Jersey airport.

A spokesman there said last night: "We were amazed it managed to fly as long as it had. It was in a real state.

"The pilot was the most shocked as he had not realised the extent of the damage while he was flying."

----------------------------

The scary part??

two mechanics on board too!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Another reason why I don't like to fly!
You'd think they'd have noticed a little thing like a wing missing, huh? :eek: :D

Flatcoatluver
09-12-2005, 10:08 PM
i've never been on a air plane before

Sus
09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
because I truly love the Irish! ... but I'm not the least bit surprised!! After all the Irish people (that'll be the Irish Irish!) have been flying on the fumes for decades, haven't they...? :D :D

Love,
Sus and Bella

lvpets2002
09-14-2005, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes: Oh good story Richard & let me tell you that story is all too real.. I work in Aviation with pilots everyday & LOL OMG :confused: .. Oh & wait till they have a rent-a-car & try to get out of the parking lot on four wheels..