PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an OLD bunny?

ashleycat
09-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't know if mine is old, or sick.

He seems a bit more scared and hasn't been using his litter box.

I don't know if he just got old or what. I have only had him 2 years, but don't know his age.

How do you know if he is old?

I'm calling vet Mon.

tia

buttercup132
09-10-2005, 06:22 AM
ya you need to get her tot e vet asap

ashleycat
09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Well back from vets. She says he looks to be about 3-4 years old.

As healthy as can be.

He's shedding crazy and not using box because he is stressed out.

Stress from the other bunny. You wouldn't think it by seeing how cudly they are with each other. But Drew does have some scars from him. She said I need to seperate them for a while.

For those with more than one bun, AND are seperated, how do you have it set up?

dab_20
09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
ashleycat.... i have 6 rabbits. the three adult rabbits are seperated. they live in a large cage in a tack room in our barn. you can seperate you buns by putting them in cages. if they are allowed, you can let them out so they can play with each other while they are supervised. since your buns are inside and litter box trained, im not sure how to keep them seperated, and run free at the same time:confused:

Corinna
09-13-2005, 07:54 AM
I am glad bunny is ok .I have a netherland dwarf/jersey wolly Wee One is 16years old. The oldest I have ever had. He still thinks hes a youngster at times jumping around and cuddly too.

ashleycat
09-13-2005, 09:57 AM
She looked at their molars for the aprox age.

They seem to love eachother, but Drew has some bite wounds.

I was going to change their cage so that they each have their own lil perch, and put a seperator in the middle. So if they wanted to be close, they can meet halfway to the divider.

They are both neutered, have been for over a year. So I don't know where it's comming from. Robyn is the BOSS of the pen. lol.

Maybe they look like they love eachother cus Robyn forces him to love him. lol. I need that pet psychic lady to come ask him questions. lol.

Corinna, WOOW, 16!!!

lute
09-13-2005, 06:35 PM
i don't have an old bunny now, but i had a grey bunny for quite a few years.