PDA

View Full Version : Dear Barbara

Logan
09-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Today, my mom surprised me and woke me from a deep sleep, while I was on Andrew's bed. She got me so quickly that I didn't even have time to fight her! :o She smashed my front and back legs together, shoved me into the carrier, and zipped me in! :eek: She always fusses that it takes 3 people to get me crated, but it sure didn't today. :( I don't think it was fair of her to nab me when I was sleeping.

Anyway, I figured I ought to let my best friend know that I am having some pretty bad skin problems, once again. :( My mom is really worried, since she is having to take me to vet about every 4 weeks. Today, even at Dr. Robinson's office, I got very upset. No more "jello" cat acting for me when I'm there. I needed to let them know that I did NOT like all the peeking at my legs and belly. I weighed a little over 10 pounds, which isn't bad, but is less than I normally weigh. I misbehaved so badly that Mom and two vet techs had to hold me down, under a towel, so that Dr. R could give me a shot. He said it was as strong as he could make it, one that ought to heal me right up. We surely do hope so. Mom is tired of loading me up to take me to the doctor, and I am certainly tired of going. She said that Dr. R said that if things don't improve, significantly, soon, he's going to have to talk about "other" options for me........I just hope that doesn't mean more shots and more doctors!!!! :eek:

Anyway, Barbara. No pictures today. Just wanted you to know that I could probably use some good thoughts from you and the rest of our Pet Talk friends. I'm so mad at my mom right now that I am not even wanting to get near her. :p

Love,
Butter

CalliesMom
09-09-2005, 08:56 PM
:( Poor Butter. I wonder what is wrong with you, baby boy. AND being nawtee at the vet :eek: If you don't behave, you might get some of those S-T-I-C-K-E-R-S that Ms. Edwina has...so be a good boy and hopefully this shot will help.

NoahsMommy
09-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh sweet Butter....I know its horrible going to the scary whitecoats, but sometimes its necessary. I'm sure you don't like the itchy legs and tummy, right?? Those shots should fix you right up.

Don't be so hard on your meowmie. She loves you and wants you to feel better, sweetie.

Hugs and chin skritchies,
Auntie Kelly ;)

Logan
09-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Bumping for Barbara............

momcat
09-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Butter!
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with the itchies. I'd be mad too if my Meowmie woke me up from a nice nap then get shoved in a pet carrier! But your Meowmie didn't do that to be mean, she loves you and wants you to feel better. Even though they can be scary and sometimes give us ouchies, the whitecoats are really our friends (that's what my Meowmie says) because they know how to help us feel better and keep from getting sick. Please don't be mad at your Meowmie! We're lucky kitties to have Meowmies that love us so much and try so hard to make sure we're healthy and well cared for. I hope that (ugh) shot works and those nasty itchies go away very soon.

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
09-10-2005, 08:50 PM
I KNOW,WHAT YOU MEAN,BUTTER EVERY ONCE,IN A WHILE ,EVEN MY DAD STICKS ME,IN A CARDBOARD BOX,AND TAKES ME,TO A PLACE,WHERE THERE ARE OTHER CATS,DOGS,AND OTHER PETS.
AND I HAVE NEEDLES STUCK,INTO ME,I WAS BATHED,AND SOMETIMES...

THEY TAKE TEETH OUT!!!
BUT I ALWAYS FEEL BETTER,SOMEHOW,AND MY DAD ALWAYS GIVES ME KFC,SO I DONT MIND.

PSSST,BUTTER,KFC,AND WHISKAS TEMPTATIONS,JJJ3!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1015.jpg

Barbara
09-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Dearest Butter,
I am so sorry I had to work yesterday and so had no time to check on PT:(

So I missed all these rather terrible adventures of yours. I am so sorry. You are a rather small boy, at 10 lbs, a little bigger than Filou but 3 lbs lighter than Tigris, but you have the force of a lion.

I hope so much you'll be ok. When I first read how your mom grabbed you I had that hope she would send you to me;) but that doesn't seem to be right:(

Sending 1000 virtual kisses to my best cat friend:)

Barbara