PDA

View Full Version : Please..give my Mom some good thoughts

Lexi_Lover
09-09-2005, 04:31 PM
I know the things that I say about my parents on this are usually never the best news. But tonight...I didn't get the best news either. Tonight, my mother came in, telling me she had cataracts. I had noticed a grey filling in her eyes before and now she just got it checked out and was told it was cataracts, if it fills over her whole eye, she will go blind and I think have to get it surgically removed. I'm not too sure how serious it is in humans, but I know that in dogs, it can really throw them off...please, send my Mother some good thoughts, she certainly was not expecting this...Thanks all...

-Paula

Anita Cholaine
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Good thoughts and best wishes for your mom...Hope she can get through it.... (((Hugs)))

slick
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Paula, my Mom has had a cataract operation in both of her eyes. The operation is not painful at all and she was awake through the whole thing. After the op, there are drops to put in her eyes but in a week, she will "see" a big difference. This type of operation is performed on thousands every day so no need to worry....although that's easier said than done especially when it's your Mother. Good luck and please keep us posted as to when it will happen.

Daisy and Delilah
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your Mom sweetie. She can be happy to know she has a daughter who loves and cares for her very much. That will be a great comfort to her. My Mom had cataract surgery in both eyes and she's doing great. Her vision has improved 100%. New technology is fantastic in this field. Best wishes for her speedy recovery:)

gemini9961
09-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Paula, have no fear sweetie. She will most likely need to have surgery and it's really a simple procedure. They will surgically remove her original lens in her eye. This is the part that gets cloudy with the cataracts. They will then replace her original lens with what they can an IOL (intra ocular lens). She will then be able to see a whole lot better. Any further questions you can PM me. I work at an Eye Bank and we procure eyes and corneas for transplant so I am quite familiar with the eye and how it works and looks. It really is a surgery that is very routine and not something to get to worked up about. However, my best wishes for you and your Mom.

Amber

petslover
09-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey Paula, I know that can be stressful because it's your mom, but I have had many people I know have it and it is a simple surgery. It only takes a few weeks to heal and they always say they havea great improvement of sight. Anyways, If you need to talk or anything you know we are here. **hugs**

kuhio98
09-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Your Mom is in my prayers. My mom had cataract surgery on her eyes this year (I think it was April) and she had no problems and can see great now.

jesse_3
09-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Good luck to your mom and you. As everyone said before, she will be okay:) (((((MAJOR HUGS)))))) I know that it is stressful having family members in surgery...

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

NoahsMommy
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Its always scary when something unknown happens to anyone. (((Hugs)))

My grandma has had the surgery too and she was AMAZED at how easy it was and how WELL she can see now. :)

flamepony12
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm so sorry... Prayers on the way! (((HUGS)))

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Oh no...thoughts and prayers on the way Paula!!:(

trayi52
09-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way.

Willie

crsvstang
09-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Sending good thoughts for your mom.