PDA

View Full Version : Yippy 2 down Thousands more to go

Den Anne Pen
09-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Last week i went to blockbuster vidieo at about 7pm and noticed 2 rottwoiler dogs walking down the street by themselfs of course i could'nt go in to rent a video now i had to find out where they where heading so i followed them in my car a little behind so i did'nt scare them finnally they went down this road and i was able to drive next to them i called out to them but they just looked and kept going there was a HUGE male and female so i just figured i'd follow them and see if they where going home well after 2 hours they where still walking around and needed water ASAP i called the animal control officer but he's useless around here i once found a poodle that had ended up jumping out of the owner car and took him home and called and he said well looks like you have a new dog now huh he's really useless anyway

I called my husband to go to the store and get some water and i tryed giving the dogs some treats but they just smelled them and walked away so i told my husband to pick up a couple of steaks when he went to the store i did't know if they liked people so i did'nt want to approch them just in case.

Hubby showed up and sure enough i put the steaks in the back of my truck in the crates and they both jumped up there for them :)

i checked and they did'nt have any collors i called all around to see if anybody had lost them but no calls and i posted signs no answer

So i brought them home and put them in my extra room them went to work a few days later well my boss and i started talking and come to find out she LOVES rottwielers so yesterday she came and picked them up they looked so happy driving down the road

I felt soo much better knowing they are going to a home that will love them and not just let them rome the streets alone.

I wish i could do that to all the stray animals
Just thought i'd share that story with you guys :) :)

A happy ending to something that could have been horrable had they got hit or some person take them that would make them mean :(

Daisy and Delilah
09-09-2005, 04:54 PM
What a great story. You really are very special to have done that for those two angels. Great job!! You should be very proud of yourself. I know I sure would be. If everyone could be that conscientious about saving stray animals, maybe the population would slowly but surely go down to a very low number. Bravo for you:D

veegan
09-09-2005, 07:32 PM
oh wow! what a happy ending! :D

joycenalex
09-10-2005, 11:06 AM
blessings on you and your hubby !

buttercup132
09-10-2005, 06:34 PM
aww that was a nice story