PDA

View Full Version : Savannah

Ali's mom
03-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Hi I am new to this Forum. I am the mommy of a 10 month old kitten who loves to climb EVERYWHERE and get into lots of trouble.
She is very smart she learned to sit and lay down (if you have a treat in hand)

To get to my question, I just saw a picture of a Savannah cat, They are Beautiful.... I was wondering if anyone had any info about this breed of cat.
ie
breeders
aprox. cost
personnality.....

tkanks in advance.

purrley
03-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi Ali's Mom and Welcome to Pet Talk.
I know a little about the Savahanna's. I was really interested in getting one of these beauties a while back.
They are a cross between a Serval (wild cat) and a domestic. There ears are long and they have sleek bodies just like the Serval and very spotted.
I corresponded with a lady in New York and she let me know she had one available for $3500.00. That price was not feasible to me so I gave up the idea. These cats are a really new breed so maybe as time goes on they will come down in price. You can call up this breed on the internet and get a list of breeders. The breeders sell these cats based on the amount of wildness they have bred into them like 50% Serval, 75% Serval etc. They're supposed to be gentle, but you never know with these hybrids - they could just tear your house apart.

wayne0214
03-12-2002, 08:43 PM
yeah, and I read on the 'net that a full grown Serval male can weigh up to 40 lbs. Some kitty!:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
03-13-2002, 04:53 AM
Hello Ali's Mom - sorry don't know a thing about Savannah's, but Wayne's just said a 40.lb. cat - good grief, it's no cat - it's a lion cub!!
Anyway just to say Welcome to Pet Talk - it's the best Pet site in the world and so friendly. Enjoy.:)

Lynne

PS. Whats the name of your 10 month old furbaby? We like to be on first name terms with all the cats!

Ali's mom
03-13-2002, 11:18 PM
My Furbaby's name is Ali Hence, the name Ali's mom :)

I guess I couls have explained that my name is Jenn but it was already taken as a user name.

thanks for the warm welcome!!!

gwen021399
03-14-2002, 01:20 PM
Hi Ali's Mom, I am new to this site too. Well, you and I have something in common already. My female kitty is named Ali too, but she's been around a lot longer than your baby. She's nine years old. I'm going to try to put a picture of her on here, but being my first time I may fail miserably. Hopefully it works.

lynnestankard
03-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Hello gwen and welcome to the bestest Pet Site - I downloaded your pic of your beautiful furbaby Ali - another lovely black pussycat. Yippee! She's the image of my little girl Bagel :) Who has a big stoopid brother called Ketchum (all black) and a live in pal called Dan - he's black and white.
:D :D
Lynne

Ali's mom
03-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks for you help but after I saw the cost of the Savannah, I changed my mind. I heard they are about 3000$.
I love cats but not that much;)

Ali's mom
03-14-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi Lynne,
My Ali is a caramel and white kitten who is a real attack cat. that is how she got her name. She floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee(Mohamed Ali)
I love her too pieces but she is VERY independant. She always wants to be in the same room as her people and follows us around (I think she is trying to make sure we don't move any of her stuff.) But she isn't a cuddler.