PDA

View Full Version : If???

gini
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
IF...................

we could all afford to meet somewhere in the world for a Pet Talk Convention............where would you like it to be?

Would you want to bring your pets?

(reminder to self: buy those lottery tickets)

lbaker
09-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Anywhere there is a beach and water for the dogs and easy trees to climb with limbs to lay on for the cats. A nice palapa or so for shade and to put coolers under and a looooong extension cord to plug in the Slushie machine :D "...ahhhh, perchance to dream......"

gini
09-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Laurie, you are right - IT MUST be near water! As the old saying goes - be careful what you wish for - you just might get it!!:D

slick
09-09-2005, 12:15 PM
It's go to be a place where Raol can join us......;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by slick
It's go to be a place where Raol can join us......;) :D

And lots and lots of fire.....eerrr....men in uniform. ;) Not for me of course, but for all you singles out there. :D

For me it's kind of like pizza. I'll go along with everybody's else's wishes as for location. All I would ask is that we can all gather and everyone arrive safely and on time with no midnight walks through downtown LA, no flight/hotel/travel hassles whatsoever. And the only other thing would be that it last at least a week rather than just one afternoon so we have plenty of time to spend with each other. Oh, and to top it off, no work to go back to when it's all over. ;) :D

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 12:43 PM
:) I have to agree with Tubby & Peanut's Mom.. She took the words right out of my mouth..

lbaker
09-09-2005, 12:48 PM
I forgot one very important thing - a parsley garden for the bunsters and clear starry BUG FREE nights :cool:

Kfamr
09-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Anywhere with cooler weather (70's is nice!) is fine with me. And yes, the pups are a necessity! (And my 3 are great entertainment. ;) )

slick
09-09-2005, 01:18 PM
- somewhere near the ocean
- as KayAnn said 70 degrees is just purrfect
- each of us has our own little bungalow or in Debbie's case, provide some land for that motorhome of her's.
- each bungalow fully equipped with mini-bar, kitchen, and bedroom suite along with maid service.
- each bungalow will be no more than 25 feet from the sandy beach
- the meeting will be at least a week long
- there will be side trips of the area that we can go on if we chose to (all for free, of course)
- a stable with horseback riding
- scuba diving lessons
- the actual meeting place will be outdoors with lots of trees for shade
- also on site at the meeting there will be lots of bathrooms.....no plumbing problems please ;)
- will be a fully stocked bar that will be catered so Richard can enjoy himself
- food will also be catered so we don't have to slave away cooking all day and night
- 24 hour room service for food and booze (all provided free)
- free 24 hour airport limosine pick up and delivery so Gini doesn't have to waste gas and "bag lady" doesn't have to wander the streets :D
- free laundry service in case "someone" spills wine on their pants
- a park nearby for the dogs
- plenty of food for all the pets who attend

...hmmmmm have I missed anything???

gini
09-09-2005, 01:29 PM
You guys are all too much.............

I asked WHERE not WHAT:D :D :D

slick
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Don't we need to discuss our needs before choosing a location?? :confused: :D

lbaker
09-09-2005, 01:58 PM
I happen to know the purrrfect spot!

PETTALKVILLE!!!

The place has all that and more. And Slick *ahem* some people enjoy the futzing about in the kitchen so occasional catering just maybe... I find chopping and mincing (as long as I'm told which is preferred BEFORE I finish, right "BagLady"?) I find that stuff quite therapeutic actually ;)

Kfamr
09-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Slick, Kiara says you missed something very important...

She would really like a meeting with a 24/7 voice activated tennis ball thrower. She barks, it throws.

Also, I wouldn't mind cooking a few meals here are there...

popcornbird
09-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Yep...in PetTalkVille. That is a neighborhood where NO ONE but PetTalkers live. It is on a beautiful island, yet to be discovered. One day when we discover it, all PT'ers will move there, and all PT'ers will live side by side with their favorite PT'ers. The pet related laws will be wonderful. The law of the land will be based on the mercy and compassion God wants us all to show to His living creatures. That is the land of every PetTalker's dream. Now let's go out to find that island.....

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by slick

- scuba diving lessons

Sounds wonderful Slick! Except for the scuba diving lessons. We just saw "Open Water" two weeks ago and I'm still creeped out! <shudder> If you haven't seen it, I wouldn't recommend it because it really wasn't that good of a movie, but it will definitely make you think more than twice about scuba diving. I'll stick to snorkling....where my feet can touch the ground! :eek: :eek:

One other thing to add to the list. It has to be free of all political/social and personal strife. It is to be a happy place where we are all family and not just some people we met over the internet. That way (if we're family) Pops can join us. I know she can't meet up with "internet people" but family, that's not a problem - right Pops? ;)

Ahhhhh....if only....if only.....176 million on the lottery tonight. I must remember to stop and buy a ticket.....sigh....

Cincy'sMom
09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I got a few chances at that lottery...but I'd have to split it with 8 others at work...still 10 mil...I'll host a PT party whever you want!!!

wolfsoul
09-11-2005, 06:19 PM
I would love to have a PT meeting where we all meet at a big huge dog park, with a humungous picnic table filled with both dog and people foods (wouldn't want to get those confused..). Then afterwards we'd all go to a PTer's house and have a huge slumber party. Movies, popcorn, pillow fights -- the whole deal, cliche as it would be.

wolf_Q
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Erm Utah sounds great....;) no ocean nearby but some nice lakes, great view, and no fleas! :D

AllAmericanPUP
09-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I personally would like somewhere with a beach and not in a large city

in one of my groups we met up at
Alexandria,VA and while it was alot of fun, i didnt like being in a large city

i like a more natural place, like some mountains or something like that...something more remote....

jesse_3
09-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Hmm, I say, Minnesoa! It is the land of over 15,000 lakes, and has more shoreline than Haiwii, Florida, or California (not combined though) We could find a nice beach, and well, there are plenty of hick towns here! Umm, no mountains though, just flat land up here.;)

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

Corinna
09-24-2005, 11:09 PM
My goodness it's been so long since I have thought of Pettalkville. That sounds like a good place .I agree a 70 degrees a must.