PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for baby Maya kitty

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I am now 100% sure that the kitty who has been depositing #2 outside the litter box is Maya alone (we had previously thought Sushi might be in on it too). This past week, she's had a few days where she went outside of the box. It was loose and the color of peanut butter (TMI, I know).

At any rate, this was enough for Josh and I to know for sure that it was Maya's problem - so I made a vet appointment for this afternoon. Of course, the last two days her poop has firmed back up (though it is still the color of peanut butter) and she's going in the box again but we're still taking her in to the white coats.

If you guys could keep her in your thoughts and prayers today, I'd appreciate it. I am hoping it's just some sort of bug or something that the doctor can prescribe medicine for and will be the magic cure-all, but a part of me still wonders if maybe it isn't something more serious.

Thanks in advance!
Jaime and sick Maya

Here is a picture of my sick baby girl on her daddy's belly (when he was sick too).
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p6e4cf77f9dad34029569eb99c7dea235/f4123ce4.jpg

rkidsrcats
09-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Good thoughts for Maya. It is so hard to see them not feeling well. Hope the white coats can help!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Poor baby - get well soon sweetheart

furrykidsmother
09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Good thoughts and prayers to sweet little Maya that it is nothing serious. Let us know when you get back.

catnapper
09-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Poor little one. We'll keep our paws crossed the white coat visit goes well.

Just a question -- does it smell AWFUL? I mean, unearthly bad? If so, have them do a direct fecal and ask for them to look specifically for campylobacter. This is what Angel & Flutter have and they were doing EXACTLY the same thing - in the box one day, out of the box the next. Same color too.

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Just a question -- does it smell AWFUL? I mean, unearthly bad? If so, have them do a direct fecal and ask for them to look specifically for campylobacter. This is what Angel & Flutter have and they were doing EXACTLY the same thing - in the box one day, out of the box the next. Same color too. It smells disgusting but I don't know if that's just my heightened sense of smell due to being pregnant or not. I have to cover my nose... to be honest though, I thought it was just because I smell everything so differently now!

My husband is the one taking her in this afternoon so I'll write it down for him and have him ask for it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Hey, I never realised you have a "Maya" too! Poor little girl; I hope she gets well asap!!

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 10:22 AM
:( Oh Maya sorry you feel bad & hey the whitecoats will fix you right up.. Me & the girls send you all paws up & lots of whisker Prayers.. Keep us posted ok..

catmandu
09-09-2005, 12:31 PM
WE,ARE PRAYING,FOR POOR MAYA,TO GET BETTER,AND THAT HER POO PROBLEMS,ARE A THING,OF THE PAST,VERY SOON,AND
NO MORE PEEE UUUS!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture675.jpg

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Hey, I never realised you have a "Maya" too! Poor little girl; I hope she gets well asap!! Yup - Josh and I adopted two girls the end of April (spur-of-the-moment). Maya's reall name is Amaya, which is Japanese and means 'night rain' (it stormed horribly the night we brought them home). Kimi is the other kitty, which is also a Japanese name, and it means 'she who is without equal' - of which we thought fit a girl kitty rather well. Our other two cats, boys, are Kirin (a Japanese beer) and Sushi.

I've been HORRIBLE at posting pictures of the girls. I take lots of pictures, I just rarely ever do anything besides move them off the camera and onto my computer! I never even bothered to get a new sig made that included the girls! :eek: I'll try to be better about that from now on - before the baby is born and I REALLY won't have time!

My Maya is a spitfire. She follows Kirin (the punk) around and gets into everything he does. She'll let you pet her, but if you pet her more than she wants, she'll whip around and snap/whap at you - not violently, just a firm "that's ENOUGH". Kimi, however, is disgustingly sweet. All she wants to do is lay on someone's lap (preferably Daddy's but if he's not around, mine will do). She loves to nudge your hand/face with hers and cuddle.

I will try to get some pics taken this weekend and posted.

Maya's on her way to the white coats - I hope the news is good!

CalliesMom
09-09-2005, 03:32 PM
How did everything turn out? I hope she is healthy and it's nothing too serious.

jenluckenbach
09-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Prayers for Amaya. She is so adorable.

momcat
09-09-2005, 07:35 PM
..... are being prayed.....

Cataholic
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Jaime, any update on baby Maya?

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Looks like Maya's no worse for the wear. Josh said the vet told him that there was nothing physically wrong with her. The culture came back negative, so she gave her a deworming and some antibiotics for good measure.

Hopefully this will end the #2 outside the box!

Thanks, everyone, for your concern and prayers! :)

Jaime & Maya