PDA

View Full Version : Calling Home

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 07:58 AM
:) How many furr baby parents call home to leave your voice on the answering machine just so your babies can hear your voice..

catnapper
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I have to leave the house first! :D

Seriously, I hardly ever leave the house - I work from home and have everything I need here. When I do leave, I worry incessantly that hubby and the kids are taking proper care of them. :o I call and ask about them, but never call to leave a message FOR them. Hubby will then be certain I've gone off the deep end!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Oops, don't have an answering machine :rolleyes: ;)

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 08:59 AM
:) Well see I am the sole provider in my household {no 2 leggedpeople indoors} & so I catch myself at work & or long day out calling home & saying hi babies & its meowmie & all..

Daisy and Delilah
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I always call the girls and my 3 grandsons. They can hear the machine and it's close to the couch where they lounge around. I know they must love it, knowing I'm out shopping for more things for them:D

Terry:)

JenBKR
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM
If I am away for a few days, like on vacation, I do call and leave them a message :o just to let them know I am thinking about them. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. My parents neighbors, however, sent their dog a postcard when they were on vacation :rolleyes: That was a little odd I thought.

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
:D How funny on the post card Jen.. However I am never gone long enough for the post card to arrive..

LKPike
09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I dooo when we're gone for a while. some messages have included: "oh, and Jillian will you please take the chicken outta the freezer for dinner tonight? it needs to thaw out."

whispering made up words into the phone, for mattmatt, he likes whispering noises. but my hubbys like "what the...." when he checks messages next morning lol

ramanth
09-09-2005, 10:04 AM
I voted 'Don't Call Home' because I can't. I don't have a landline, so I don't have an answering maching to leave my voice on.

I leave the TV or radio on for the fur kids when I go to work.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I don't have an answering machine either. We have vonage which has a voice mail type thing.
I leave the TV on in one room and a radio on in another room. That's really for the Birds, Baby can't stand for it to be too quiet.

I'm home most of the time though. :)

slleipnir
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Don't have an answering machine...and someone is almost always home with them..plus our house is really big so it would be unlikely they would be in the same room at that time

new mom to a veiled
09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
We also have voice mail.....So I'd have to teach Thor to answer the phone!!!!! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. LOL. I always leave the radio on for them in the house, and the radio is always on in the barn too.

CathyBogart
09-09-2005, 01:34 PM
We don't have a land line, DBF and I each have a cell phone. So...impossible, even if I had furkids who would want to listen to my voice.

Suki Wingy
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM
We have voicemail

Logan
09-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I didn't vote, but I have to tell you that one time, I had my daughter on the phone, while she was visiting with her father, and I put her on the speaker phone to talk with Honey. It was so sad. Honey was running all over the place, trying to figure out where she was. I felt so badly. :( I never did it again, and I was glad we have voice mail through the phone company, not a machine, so Honey and the others would never have to go through that again.

Logan

joycenalex
09-10-2005, 09:42 AM
i've called home to leave a reminder for myself about something for later that evening or to bring for work the next day. a few days ago i was sitting quietly in the kitchen doing bills, the machine went off, from 2 different directions 2 cats came running to check out the message, then they left to go do cat business elsewhere in the house. the dog never moved from his nyla bone gnawing, one cat slept through it and the fourth cat never showed up.

Anita Cholaine
09-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I would do it, but we don't leave Anita alone very much...Only when we are on holidays, I think I'll do it next time...Everybody will say that I'm completely nuts, but, who cares???:p

CalliesMom
09-10-2005, 10:00 AM
I call when we are on vacation to leave them a little message, and if I happen to go somewhere for several days without my husband, I always make sure he has cleaned their litter/fed them. I really hate leaving them for more than two days by themselves.